[Resurrected] Josh Schuster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeh shows the logic at Manly these days. Bring back Foran and let Schuster go. Let Hopa depart and maybe we should try for Dugan. Let AFB go and maybe make a play for Tolman. My interest in the Sea Eagles is seriously on the wane. I'm tired of watching a cellar dweller. Crazy thinking like this continues and I'm gone.
Des is bringing back Aaron Groome just to resurrect your enthusiasm for Manly

Well at least we have the highest quality poor decision making. @:D
Zorba was very effervescent about our current CEO, best ever he was saying. Better than all the numpties that Zorba had to put up with during his time here. So with a glowing reference like that I'm expecting some big things from Mr Humphreys.

The demountables at Narrabeen must be ringing with the refrain of "Are you free Mr Humphreys ?" ......"I'm free !!!!!!"

Said in a post ages ago that we would be very lucky to hang on to our promising juniors .We don’t have the resources to hold them and we arnt a happy camp at the moment to ingredients for disaster , fans are going to have to be very patient.

The money is there for the juniors. Yet we waste it on mediocre and past champions. Juniors cost less and last longer. Always protect your juniors. roosters and Storm would never let their best young players go. They fought hard to try to keep Inglis. Penrith have shown promoting and paying young players on the rise is the way to go. Newcastle the same. Even Barrett is awake enough not to risk Foran any longer.

Zorba was very effervescent about our current CEO, best ever he was saying. Better than all the numpties that Zorba had to put up with during his time here. So with a glowing reference like that I'm expecting some big things from Mr Humphreys.

The demountables at Narrabeen must be ringing with the refrain of "Are you free Mr Humphreys ?" ......"I'm free !!!!!!"
Showing your age now....haha oh crap.

What's worse - an Are You Being Served joke, or the fact that I got it @:D

The money is there for the juniors. Yet we waste it on mediocre and past champions. Juniors cost less and last longer. Always protect your juniors. roosters and Storm would never let their best young players go. They fought hard to try to keep Inglis. Penrith have shown promoting and paying young players on the rise is the way to go. Newcastle the same. Even Barrett is awake enough not to risk Foran any longer.

In this current day and age, do juniors really cost less though ? Hoppa jnr wanting more than double minimum wage having not played for 2 years

Storm have lost big Tino to the Titans, and the Chooks have signed the old washed up Morris twins and SBW in the last 2 years. Newcastle an old washed up McCullough and Green this year to go with their juniors, and Barrett has gotten hold of the old washed up Green too

There are many ways to skin a cat, and a balance of the 2 methods is the way to go

Said in a post ages ago that we would be very lucky to hang on to our promising juniors .We don’t have the resources to hold them and we arnt a happy camp at the moment to ingredients for disaster , fans are going to have to be very patient.
10 years next year since our last premiership.. we have been patient. In fact it's been so long since I've felt like we've even been likely..

In this current day and age, do juniors really cost less though ? Hoppa jnr wanting more than double minimum wage having not played for 2 years

Storm have lost big Tino to the Titans, and the Chooks have signed the old washed up Morris twins and SBW in the last 2 years. Newcastle an old washed up McCullough and Green this year to go with their juniors, and Barrett has gotten hold of the old washed up Green too

There are many ways to skin a cat, and a balance of the 2 methods is the way to go
Its slowly destroying the game with the salary cap. The fact that these untested players are demanding crazy moneys based of potential is only adding to the imbalance across the clubs in the NRL. I think the NRL should cap the earnings of all players under the age of 23. Learn their trade, earn the big bucks if they are truly worth it post 23

Hoppa would be getting less or near average players in the Manly side for the contract offered. Do you think most first graders get less than $300,000 a year. I couldn't access the full list because I refuse to subscribe to the News Ltd. But this is the list of those beyond the top 100.

Hoppa would be getting less or near average players in the Manly side for the contract offered. Do you think most first graders get less than $300,000 a year. I couldn't access the full list because I refuse to subscribe to the News Ltd. But this is the list of those beyond the top 100.

I think 2021 cap was about 9.1m isnt it? So thats 325k per player.
Take DCE (1.25), Tom (1.1), Jake (0.95) off the cap, it shrinks to 232k per player, 5.8m. Not to mention Marty.

IMO Jake is strong overs at 950. Gun player but hes a 700-800 MAX player. No props / locks get that bar Taumalolo. DCE probably worth 800-1m. Turbo a bit less considering injuries. Tough position.

For me, the reported offer put to him is extremely fair and reasonable based on his recent history, and also now based on what he has produced on field

It is a very difficult balance, Brisbane cut 90% of their experience out of the squad because the young superstars were the way forward and must keep at all costs, they’ve just had their worst season of all time and the brightest young star has jumped ship

Yeh shows the logic at Manly these days. Bring back Foran and let Schuster go. Let Hopa depart and maybe we should try for Dugan. Let AFB go and maybe make a play for Tolman. My interest in the Sea Eagles is seriously on the wane. I'm tired of watching a cellar dweller. Crazy thinking like this continues and I'm gone.
:bearface::fax: whats doing? You are normally much more level headed? Apart from AFB the rest is all speculation mostly brought up by silvertails contributors.
This time in 12 months when we are flying high will be sweet payback to all the doom mongering members on here.

10 years next year since our last premiership.. we have been patient. In fact it's been so long since I've felt like we've even been likely..

Damn... There was only 9 seasons between our 96 premiership, going extinct, coming back to life and then setting the record for biggest ever winning margin in a grand final in 08. Where our club is currently at is unfamiliar territory

Damn... There was only 9 seasons between our 96 premiership, going extinct, coming back to life and then setting the record for biggest ever winning margin in a grand final in 08. Where our club is currently at is unfamiliar territory
Only 9 years?? I would say the fans were very patient in that time too.. and thankful to Max delmege at the same time!

How much is Croker on. How much Suli. We know the clever clubs pay big money for potential. Newcastle signed Ponga on big money after one season in grade and he's now on $1.1 million yearly. You pay big for potential. If it fails after a couple of years you let them go. But a rising star is worth the mint. Just ask the Storm and Roosters who pick them up regularly. No going after established players unless they are quality. Manly followed that course a decade ago. Kite, Lyon, Bell, Kennedy. Same rules apply but where are these players in the present Manly side. Taupau and Sironen I guess but little more. The likely standouts are the young players coming through, but the Sea Eagles retention is like a sieve.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4