Josh Schuster in 2020 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fulton was overseeing that so Barrett was not the recruiting genius he had a lot of help until he decided to go solo and the rest is history.

Interesting way to rephrase ... I prefer the fact that Barrett put the squad together on a limited budget .... I agree however that Des, Donnie, Monners, Ballin, Crusher et al are the ones to get a top performance out of them ...
FACT.... Barrett signed AFB, Marty, DCE, Jake, Tom, Walker, Jorge, Paseka, Sipley did he? They are very important members to our current squad, some might even suggest the most important. Barrett signed them on a limited budget did he? Facts are so important.

Why on earth some on here still rate that bloke who shall remain nameless is beyond me.

He couldn't coach, was terrible at man management and cant get another head coach gig to save himself. He was a puppet for bozo to play master with. 2017 was Bozo pulling the strings and when xxxx got too cocky and made his power play we imploded in 2018.

The right man is back at the helm so let's enjoy some success shall we?

Schuster will be a regular before seasons end.

FACT.... Barrett signed AFB, Marty, DCE, Jake, Tom, Walker, Jorge, Paseka, Sipley did he? They are very important members to our current squad, some might even suggest the most important. Barrett signed them on a limited budget did he? Facts are so important.

Kev, you're starting to dribble mate ... I have not mentioned you in any thread .... if you are feeling insecure or overly sensitive about your casual relationship with facts .... there is nothing I can do about that ....

Kev, you're starting to dribble mate ... I have not mentioned you in any thread .... if you are feeling insecure or overly sensitive about your casual relationship with facts .... there is nothing I can do about that ....
No your methods are much more obscure (but not really). You imply things in general terms to try and get a rise out of other posters... then when you get the reaction you intended, you post rubbish like the above. But if it somehow makes you feel smarter, witty or brave, then good luck to you mate.

No your methods are much more obscure (but not really). You imply things in general terms to try and get a rise out of other posters... then when you get the reaction you intended, you post rubbish like the above. But if it somehow makes you feel smarter, witty or brave, then good luck to you mate.

You need to either stop thinking .. or drinking .... or certainly trying to do both at the same time ...

I read an article saying Des is considering using Schuster at 5/8. Not sure how true it is but states he will be trailing there. Potentially huge news for the make up of our team, Walker would move back to centre and gives us a bit of extra depth in those positions. IF Schuster is good enough than age is no barrier, some of the best have burst on to the scene as teenagers and Schuster could be another

I would be super excited to see that. To me for this team to reach the top Walker has to be at centre with Suli and Parker pushing each other for the other spot and Elliot a back up at Fullback and Wing.

I read an article saying Des is considering using Schuster at 5/8. Not sure how true it is but states he will be trailing there. Potentially huge news for the make up of our team, Walker would move back to centre and gives us a bit of extra depth in those positions. IF Schuster is good enough than age is no barrier, some of the best have burst on to the scene as teenagers and Schuster could be another

So then a bar fight between Parker / Suli over the other centre spot as you’d assume Dylan would automatically take one.

Interesting times if so.

Of course can not rule anything out and maybe he could have a bit of a go as a 6 in the trials but would very much doubt that he will be preferred there over Walker as the 6 when the really serious stuff gets underway once the fixtures start . Probably can kiss goodbye to either Suli or Parker then if they are relegated to Black Town after last season "s efforts and their current standing in the club . Still give poster Snake "s comments a fair bit of credence and he is definitely [ or has ] suggested that Schuster "s likely Manly career path will be as an edge back rower.

Manly coach Des Hasler is considering taking a daring gamble on boom teenager Josh Schuster in the opening round of the 2020 season.

There is no doubt that Schuster is destined for stardom - but most expected him to have to wait at least most of next season to make his top grade debut.

But word out of Brookvale is that the 18-year-old nephew of former Knights cult hero John Schuster is a big chance of filling the key five-eighth position.

That would enable the versatile Dylan Walker, who has had his problems at No.6, to move to his preferred position in the centres.

Much will depend on how Schuster, who starred for NSW under-18s last year, performs in the trials.

Hasler isn't afraid to throw young players into the fray if they are good enough - and Schuster certainly falls into that category.

Things can change and he is certainly a seasoned professional now but was under the impression that Walker "s preferred position was at 6 . The guys would have been doing many or varied training drills in their pre season preparation and maybe Des is seeing something in Schuster "s style of play or ball skills which may endear him to consider him as a 6 prospect . Suli could make a fist as a winger , then there is still Jorge and young Hoppa but something would have to give eventually into retaining all of the top line youngster"s in the club if there is some crowding in some positions and Walker is pushed out further . Still would see Walker as the most likely six [ and he now has some type of a decent kicking game ] but of course also whatever is required for the team "s best competitive make up .

Bob Fulton ... immortal ... five premierships!
Des Hasler ... Manly legend ... four premierships! Yet getting some Silvertails “legends” on here to acknowledge their immense contribution to our club is like pulling bloody teeth.

There is no doubt any successful coach will also assemble a winning support team and that’s what he’s done.Hasler has been a winner for almost four decades. Who cares about Trent Barrett? He’s a Panther isn’t he?

So he played a part in assembling our present squad... thank you Trent, good luck at Penrith. Nathan Brown also assembled a fair squad up at Newcastle, must be a Dragons thing.

Well Kevin , Maybe Trent should get a gig as a recruitment officer as he is wasting his time in trying to be something that is out of his depth in pursuing a head coach position .

It is one things assembling a group of guys together and another in turning them in to real men , bonding them like blood brothers and bringing the best out of them.

Really looking forward seeing Schuster flourish under a real head coach like Des

I would like to see him at 5/8 but Eagle eye Des has better vision than me

And another thing .....
I have never seen a head coach fall asleep in the middle of a press conference.....

Rock-a-bye, Trenty , in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down came Trents Manly Sea eagles cradle and all

keyframedownloadcontroller.png

Being without Fainu's significant creativity and attacking threat might be a factor in Des looking for other ways to unleash out attack?
That is why i suggested in another thread that Schuster could also be considered as a bench 9 / utility . Very similar to how the Roosters used Radley , first as a running, attacking type hooker then as a back rower . As usual just have to wait and see i guess .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2