Josh Schuster in 2020 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Smokin Joe ... just remembered ... his name was Wayne Lambkin ... We appointed him our u/20's coach ..... and he was also the coach of Westfield Sports High's team where he poached many of our players from ....

I see ben turbo and Schuster as long term 2nd rowers imo. But we can't expect too much there only kids.
Albert hopoate will play some nrl given injuries rep footy.

Bob Fulton ... immortal ... five premierships!
Des Hasler ... Manly legend ... four premierships! Yet getting some Silvertails “legends” on here to acknowledge their immense contribution to our club is like pulling bloody teeth.

There is no doubt any successful coach will also assemble a winning support team and that’s what he’s done.Hasler has been a winner for almost four decades. Who cares about Trent Barrett? He’s a Panther isn’t he?

So he played a part in assembling our present squad... thank you Trent, good luck at Penrith. Nathan Brown also assembled a fair squad up at Newcastle, must be a Dragons thing.

Last edited:
@Smokin Joe ... just remembered ... his name was Wayne Lambkin ... We appointed him our u/20's coach ..... and he was also the coach of Westfield Sports High's team where he poached many of our players from ....
Wisdom is stretching it a bit.....there are actually many to thank for our juniors.John Hopoate when he was briefly our Ball coach attracted a lot,Lambkin attracted many,Scott Fulton was part of the team.The reason why we have Hales as coach of Workers is his link to the west.
The biggest furphy is us raiding other clubs.Schuster may have had a scholarship or something similar but never played for their Matthews side. Gauca,Fainu bros,Funa,Fotu,Fifita,Matangi,Weekes,Koula,Titmuss etc...were never signed from other clubs,we picked them up from rugby or Guilford etc.....they may have been playing in the Parra district but not signed with Parra/Panthers etc...It was excellent recognition of talent by the above mentioned 3....
People are also not aware of the young local talent coming through the juniors like Palin,Cummins,Wilson,O'Donnell,Tuitavake,Vaivelata,Fulton brothers,youngest Hopoate.

The above article is quite emphatic that Fulton Senior had a vision to strengthen the juniors and players were “pinched” from other clubs catchment areas. There are also other articles from Fox etc which report the same thing.

I have a mate who is in it up to his eyeballs down army Trent’s mob the Panthers and he was complaining about Manly’s approach back in 2017. Also, if my memory serves correct, Bozo played a big role in brokering the Blacktown deal with Gus.

Y
The above article is quite emphatic that Fulton Senior had a vision to strengthen the juniors and players were “pinched” from other clubs catchment areas. There are also other articles from Fox etc which report the same thing.

I have a mate who is in it up to his eyeballs down army Trent’s mob the Panthers and he was complaining about Manly’s approach back in 2017. Also, if my memory serves correct, Bozo played a big role in brokering the Blacktown deal with Gus.
Yeah,I remember that article and found it amusing at the time.Easy to say raided/pinched to spice up a story.
Yes they were from their catchment areas,but they were not recognized by the local clubs or wanted.Gauca only ended up with us as he was travelling with the guys to training and ended up having a go.Fainu was not wanted by the Eels and did not make their Ball side,Fotu was picked up from Guilford.Sione Fainu and Fifita were picked up from Westfield.Funa was not on anyones radar.Pinomi,Matangi,Weekes,Koula,Titmuss were all recrited from rugby(Matangi and Weekes were panthers juniors but were unwanted and went to Gordon Highlanders rugby union).None of them were wanted or targeted by the clubs in those catchment areas.A bit like Verrills signing with the roosters because they valued him and we did not.
It is a bit like Saddler being released by the Bulldogs and then people trying to claim we raided him from the Dogs...
We have a smaller junior area so we always look outside.In the past we have looked to NZ or Qld or the central coast,we have now decided to utilize the many talented kids who do not make it with the couple of western clubs...
Why would the panthers be complaining in 2017 if Gus gave it his blessing?

Y

Yeah,I remember that article and found it amusing at the time.Easy to say raided/pinched to spice up a story.
Yes they were from their catchment areas,but they were not recognized by the local clubs or wanted.Gauca only ended up with us as he was travelling with the guys to training and ended up having a go.Fainu was not wanted by the Eels and did not make their Ball side,Fotu was picked up from Guilford.Sione Fainu and Fifita were picked up from Westfield.Funa was not on anyones radar.Pinomi,Matangi,Weekes,Koula,Titmuss were all recrited from rugby(Matangi and Weekes were panthers juniors but were unwanted and went to Gordon Highlanders rugby union).None of them were wanted or targeted by the clubs in those catchment areas.A bit like Verrills signing with the roosters because they valued him and we did not.
It is a bit like Saddler being released by the Bulldogs and then people trying to claim we raided him from the Dogs...
We have a smaller junior area so we always look outside.In the past we have looked to NZ or Qld or the central coast,we have now decided to utilize the many talented kids who do not make it with the couple of western clubs...
Why would the panthers be complaining in 2017 if Gus gave it his blessing?
The word I received was that there were people at Penrith who were definitely not in favour of the deal going down, but as you have pointed out Gus approved it and that was that.

Apparently his reasons for doing so at the time were that too many good juniors were being left out in the cold due to the sheer size of the Penrith catchment area, but they suggested his main motivation for rubber stamping the deal was because of the threat being posed to western Sydney from the AFL. It was a short time later that certain clubs were complaining about us taking juniors from there junior areas.

I respect your knowledge as far as Blacktown and our juniors are concerned, and don’t contest anything that you have posted above. But there are also multiple articles regarding Fulton acquiring the likes of Marty, AFB, Dylan Walker etc.. and plenty on here we’re blaming him for being a dud recruiter in 2016. Then when the squad comes good he hardly gets a mention and certain people start harping on about bloody Trent Barrett (Again and again, and again.)

I know quite a few of the old Panthers boys, and one who went on to win a premiership with the Chooks. (Not Fittler)and while I take much of what they say with a grain of salt when it comes to Manly, they are of the opinion that certain people were definitely annoyed about us linking up with Blacktown, and that Gus and Bozo are as thick as thieves.

Last edited:
Yeah clubs can have a whinge but everyone doing it they might not have a 2nds in teams heartlands. But storm have development officers everywhere so do roosters in every state plus nz and pacific islands.

Bob Fulton ... immortal ... five premierships!
Des Hasler ... Manly legend ... four premierships! Yet getting some Silvertails “legends” on here to acknowledge their immense contribution to our club is like pulling bloody teeth.

There is no doubt any successful coach will also assemble a winning support team and that’s what he’s done.Hasler has been a winner for almost four decades. Who cares about Trent Barrett? He’s a Panther isn’t he?

So he played a part in assembling our present squad... thank you Trent, good luck at Penrith. Nathan Brown also assembled a fair squad up at Newcastle, must be a Dragons thing.
Agree totally mate. Who gives a $hit about Barrett.....he’s gone. Why are we still talking about him? He had the cattle but couldn’t muster them. Des takes over & almost gets them to the GF! Barrett had his chance & couldn’t get the boys to play as a team! Let him share his gifted coaching skills with the Panthers. I’m only interested in the team as it is now & not what it was under Barrett!

The word I received was that there were people at Penrith who were definitely not in favour of the deal going down, but as you have pointed out Gus approved it and that was that.

Apparently his reasons for doing so at the time were that too many good juniors were being left out in the cold due to the sheer size of the Penrith catchment area, but they suggested his main motivation for rubber stamping the deal was because of the threat being posed to western Sydney from the AFL. It was a short time later that certain clubs were complaining about us taking juniors from there junior areas.

I respect your knowledge as far as Blacktown and our juniors are concerned, and don’t contest anything that you have posted above. But there are also multiple articles regarding Fulton acquiring the likes of Marty, AFB, Dylan Walker etc.. and plenty on here we’re blaming him for being a dud recruiter in 2016. Then when the squad comes good he hardly gets a mention and certain people start harping on about bloody Trent Barrett (Again and again, and again.)

I know quite a few of the old Panthers boys, and one who went on to win a premiership with the Chooks. (Not Fittler)and while I take much of what they say with a grain of salt when it comes to Manly, they are of the opinion that certain people were definitely annoyed about us linking up with Blacktown, and that Gus and Bozo are as thick as thieves.
Most definitely,Marty/Walker/AFB/Paseka and others were Bozos doing,no argument there.The guys recruited for 2019 are probably Barretts signings.Personally I think a good coach can be successful with any of the 16 squads running around,I have never doubted the cattle we had and Des has got the best out of them.No doubt there would be some who did not agree with what Gus did(he is someone who polarizes people).Gus and Bozo have been as thick as thieves since the super league war....For me it is old news and am more interested in 2020,my comments have/had nothing to do with the Barrett/Des issue.
I get annoyed when journalists try to suggest we are raiding players from clubs whether it is catchment areas or not,how many New South Welshmen and Kiwis are playing for the Broncos with the largest junior catchment in the game?Manly bashing ticks me off when it is particularly ill-informed....

Let's see where these kids start the season first. They should be progressing to Flegg this year. If any of them are in the reggies, we will know that they are being groomed for 20/21 seasons.

How long before you get a rain or shower joke ... ??

Noooooooooooooooooo
It's well known that Canadians aren't that crass. (Unless you mean from this great unwashed site...lol)

Also:
In the 19th century the area was known as the Cache, or Kicking Horse Flats, but in 1883, during construction of the CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY, the community was named Golden City as a counterpart to Silver City (Castle Mountain, Alta). The town owes its start to the railway, a continuing significant employer

Also Also:
there was a 76 (yup 76) car pile up somewhere yesterday and while everyone else was stuck waiting for the highway to open, people got out and started to play hockey on the ice over highway.

Also Also Also: I dunno about Josh, seems really good in a couple of positions but I think Des wants Dylan to stay at 5/8th. Kinda a shame as he was a very good centre, but hopefully they all get a shiny premiership ring this year.

Err, that's it.

@Smokin Joe .... thanks for your input as always Joe .... it is a pleasure to hear from someone who actually considers facts important in a conversation .....
You’re an old pot stirrer mate... where in my post (conversation) have I typed something that is not factual? Point out the facts I have supposedly made up if you would be so kind.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11