Josh McCrone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We haven't had a 20's team with so many prospects since the one with DCE, Foz, Buhrer, Lussik, JWH and co.

I posted my thoughts on @Kiwi Eagle thread...gone?
Just to clarify my thoughts on McCrone....No,no,no,no,no He'd do a cpl things ok, then follow that up with some freaky ****ups....bit like Brad Takairangi @ Parra, Daniel Mortimer @ the Tits and to a lesser extent SKD in previous years(Was going well this year!:lipssealed:)

Figured we didn't need 2 identical topics on it so gave it the flick

I think he'd be a decent 5/8 signing, not a world better but capable at NRL level and a solid foil for DCE

Last time Canberra made the finals he was the man that led them there, winning a few games with good plays so nice to have someone capable of producing something like that every now and then

I reckon he would be a reasonable signing and would play a similar secondary role that Blake green plays at storm. He is a better player than Blake green

I reckon he would be a reasonable signing and would play a similar secondary role that Blake green plays at storm. He is a better player than Blake green
I agree, this isnt as bad as people think. We don't have the $$ to get a top liner, and McCrone has always been a solid first grader who has been put in the position of main playmaker which he is not. DCE will be running the show, and McCrone won't have that pressure at Manly and can play to the structures Barrett puts in place.

He is not the same type of player as DCE which is a good thing, they should compliment each other well. I think if this report is true, then people will be pleasantly surprised; although, any new combination will take time to form.

Last edited:
Sounded to me as though Rudolph would get 1st shot next season listening to Vave and the commentators last week.
Halligan and his mates on SKY are jibberers with no idea.

I think Mccrone would be an astute signing as a Littlejohn replacement on a small contract. But I think Taylor, Cornish and Mason Lino probably have more up side.

Just an observation, is it any coincidence our most successful 20's sides have coincided with our worst seasons in the top grade?

In both of these seasons we've focused more on these players as potential future first graders and given them more support as a result. Could the success of these sides be a byproduct of this increased support giving the young blokes some confidence?

I posted my thoughts on @Kiwi Eagle thread...gone?
Just to clarify my thoughts on McCrone....No,no,no,no,no He'd do a cpl things ok, then follow that up with some freaky ****ups....bit like Brad Takairangi @ Parra, Daniel Mortimer @ the Tits and to a lesser extent SKD in previous years(Was going well this year!:lipssealed:)

With all due respect wombat, i barely get through your posts as the avatar distracts me - plz keep posting lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2