• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hannay sorry awful in both his caretaker roles, not in league of Ryles or Dean Young. Seilbold who knows was good at souths Awful at Brisbane.
How about get fair dinkum about it fmd it's a joke Penn and Hasler are kidding. Flanagan or my left field Neil Henry experienced good job as assistant at maroons.
Neil Henry??? Win ratio at Raiders, Cowboys & Gold Coast = 43.5%. Keep a very wide-birth of this guy.

I dont understand any of this.

Des, (who should never ever of been allowed back near the club) has a ordinary roster, has done a decent job. But then again so did Toovey. Madness.

I am getting very close calling it a day, i have too much of my heart in this side to be put through this rubbish all the time. I tuned out for 4-5 years from 2000, only watching Origin, Grand Finals and NO Northern Eagles games.

I hear you @bob dylan I feel increasingly disheartened for the future of MWSE, as it lurches from self-inflicted crisis to near implosion each year. Unfortunately, it's hard to see this changing anytime soon. The absolute incompetence of our club's administration under Scott Penn, has become extremely embarrassing. We are a complete joke in terms of admin, and our previously robust football department has descended to similar levels. We appear to be in terminal decline. It's hard to stay interested in a club that seems to be heading towards self destruction, driven by competing agendas and stakeholder self interest.

Unless you want someone who has NRL experience and success and logic suggests they will be in high demand(crickets sounding in background),you have to search for someone who will be outside the box and in rugby league the talent pool is limited.
People in charge of the club need to be serious when it comes to looking and be ruthless when it comes to interviewing candidates.
This means to not just look at a couple of assistants at other clubs that the media puts forth,if it means looking at lesser lights and seeing who can convince they have a plan to take the side forward(not just interviewing well once)then so be it.
A head coach needs to assemble a cast who can relate to players and get them on the same page,I don't think head coaches nowadays need to be the guys as control freaks overseeing every detail,but able to delegate and have staff working to the goal that they are setting.
Don't ask me for names,this is what the owners put the CEO in charge of doing.
If Des is the best man than go with Des,if he is not according to the owners then put someone in charge who is.
Whenever an organisation is successful/or a coach has a high profile, it is hard to keep the staff onside,but that is what a business does to survive.
Players and managers need to get with the plan or take their contracts fully funded elsewhere.

Hannay seems well spoken. At least the pressers would be coherent, instead of the ummmms and ahhhhhs we are currently treated with.

As a fan i am not even sure how i could judge most of these candidates , and how they would work at manly. The only real info i have on reggies coaches is what we are told by tabloid journalists . And most still love barrett

the des / penn fallout of which much is still to come, will put us on the nose that much that mcguire will probably knock us back again.

round 2 the dessies/ penn rematch, the second coming , its going to cost us for years to come

the players with the jersey and their civil rights, dessie wanting to sue due to being blindsided . I get it, but motherfickers are reaching for their swords everytime someone blinks. its not conducive to harmony anywhere , the players, personal and the fans , the NRL .The penns as custodians of this community embraced, but privately owned asset are first class feck ups at realising this .

the Penns have done things for the club but the spoilt brat approach and the MINE MINE MINE attitude to a club, that has spiritual ties to so many, has worn thin. Yes they pay the bills but there lack of awareness in the value of the asset they purchased is probably why those bills are so high.They purchased people power and hope and continually piss on it from the rooftops whenever it gets sticky.

Their ability to select humans , that don't stack up to expectations is impressive

As a fan i am not even sure how i could judge most of these candidates , and how they would work at manly. The only real info i have on reggies coaches is what we are told by tabloid journalists . And most still love barrett

the des / penn fallout of which much is still to come, will put us on the nose that much that mcguire will probably knock us back again.

round 2 the dessies/ penn rematch, the second coming , its going to cost us for years to come

the players with the jersey and their civil rights, dessie wanting to sue due to being blindsided . I get it, but motherfickers are reaching for their swords everytime someone blinks. its not conducive to harmony anywhere , the players, personal and the fans , the NRL .The penns as custodians of this community embraced, but privately owned asset are first class feck ups at realising this .

the Penns have done things for the club but the spoilt brat approach and the MINE MINE MINE attitude to a club, that has spiritual ties to so many, has worn thin. Yes they pay the bills but there lack of awareness in the value of the asset they purchased is probably why those bills are so high.They purchased people power and hope and continually piss on it from the rooftops whenever it gets sticky.

Their ability to select humans , that don't stack up to expectations is impressive
It's definitely time to go from waist management owners to waste management owners.
Sell Penn, ffs!!!!!!

Whist Penn is the owner of the club there is no chance of Toovey coming back, goes back to the days when Manly was owned by both Penn and Quantum.

We all know the reason.

And that's complete BS from the owner, Toovey finished Top 5 - 3 of his 4 years as coach. Then sacked.

Penn is a knob.

Reading on InstaTwitFace that this is the potential assistant to Des taking over in 2025.

Gotta say if this is true I quite like it.

Young , good pedigree , experience this year at the Sharks.

Not at all happy with Seibold , but Hannay would be a step in the right direction.
If Hannay was so good at the Sharks why did they over look him for some one else ?

Seibold unlike Barret who failed at both clubs did have a very successful season at Souths

Does that make Seibold a one season wonder ? Who knows ?

Is Des past it ?

If he has the tenacity to sticks around next season we will find out

I don't get how this is even a serious question. He had his best player out for more than half the season, his next best 2 players in Jake and Reuben, missed the last couple of games. And DCE was a spectator in a Manly jersey on the field post origin.

And that doesn't even address the big mess.

And you are right we will see in 2023.

I don't get how this is even a serious question. He had his best player out for more than half the season, his next best 2 players in Jake and Reuben, missed the last couple of games. And DCE was a spectator in a Manly jersey on the field post origin.

And that doesn't even address the big mess.

And you are right we will see in 2023.
After all the excuses are said and done . We were inconsistent and underachieved well before the big mess .It was a messy season overall with messy team selections and messy game plans

Manly 2022 season review ...
Did the Sea Eagles over-deliver or under-deliver in 2022?
There is no doubt that Manly UNDER-DELIVERED this year.

After getting on a run at the end of 2021 to finish in 4th, they missed out on the finals altogether in 2022.

The Sea Eagles got off to a rocky start losing their first two matches, but sparked to life and looked like they were building towards another campaign in September.

However, their season was littered with inconsistency, settling into a pattern of rattling off a few wins only to slip to consecutive defeats shortly afterwards.

From round 20 onwards, this swung completely towards the latter when they finished the season with seven defeats in a row.

Des just trying to buy himself some more time and another year on the payroll. I don't see why Des anoints a successor. Good luck to him for trying. He's a master opportunist and puppeteer with this type of stuff. Wreaks of 2011.

But surely it's time to cut the chord.

Des just trying to buy himself some more time and another year on the payroll. I don't see why Des anoints a successor. Good luck to him for trying. He's a master opportunist and puppeteer with this type of stuff. Wreaks of 2011.

But surely it's time to cut the chord.
Not a very good image for Des and his Manager

Court actions against Manly in 2011
Cout actions against the Dogs
and back to Court actions against Manly again

Des is done and dusted. Penn needs to be careful with his choice of coach and realise the whole set up needs to be rebuilt and rebooted. It can't be done cheap.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4