• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After all the excuses are said and done . We were inconsistent and underachieved well before the big mess .It was a messy season overall with messy team selections and messy game plans

Manly 2022 season review ...
Did the Sea Eagles over-deliver or under-deliver in 2022?
There is no doubt that Manly UNDER-DELIVERED this year.

After getting on a run at the end of 2021 to finish in 4th, they missed out on the finals altogether in 2022.

The Sea Eagles got off to a rocky start losing their first two matches, but sparked to life and looked like they were building towards another campaign in September.

However, their season was littered with inconsistency, settling into a pattern of rattling off a few wins only to slip to consecutive defeats shortly afterwards.

From round 20 onwards, this swung completely towards the latter when they finished the season with seven defeats in a row.

I am not privy to match plans, what we know is they were either inadequate or the players didn't follow them, most likely the latter.

Selection comes from seeing a whole more than what happens on the field. But seriously who can argue Parker v Morgan or Paseka v Keppie or Davey v Lawton, Boyle v De Luis. It's a cattle issue caused by paying overs for a couple of players.

The 7 defeats need to be analysed to see the real issue, here they are

V Dragons. - Covid ravaged at hoodoo ground
V Chooks. - Jersey Gate, beaten 3 tries to 2.
V Eels - 14 all at half time

V Titans Disgraceful

Last 3 games without Jake and Reuben V Sharks, Raiders and Dogs were all pitiful. The players available were not up to the standards required with a couple of exceptions, departing players Walker & Foz.

Only those in the inner sanctum know if there is a divide in the playing ranks. If there is those players need to be removed, even if it is DCE or Jake or Alouia or Haumole. Bad luck, good bye.

Whatever the problems are they need to be 100% fixed now.

Des is done and dusted. Penn needs to be careful with his choice of coach and realise the whole set up needs to be rebuilt and rebooted. It can't be done cheap.
I am not privy to match plans, what we know is they were either inadequate or the players didn't follow them, most likely the latter.

Selection comes from seeing a whole more than what happens on the field. But seriously who can argue Parker v Morgan or Paseka v Keppie or Davey v Lawton, Boyle v De Luis. It's a cattle issue caused by paying overs for a couple of players.

V Titans Disgraceful

Last 3 games without Jake and Reuben V Sharks, Raiders and Dogs were all pitiful. The players available were not up to the standards required with a couple of exceptions, departing players Walker & Foz.

Only those in the inner sanctum know if there is a divide in the playing ranks. If there is those players need to be removed, even if it is DCE or Jake or Alouia or Haumole. Bad luck, good bye.

Doesn't matter how many times you wash a rotten apple its still rotten. Overall it was a diabolical performance this season on many levels and whatever 17 were picked they looked poorly coached.

V Titans Disgraceful

At the end of the day the coach is accountable for the end of season results
and we underachieved

Head coaches do not get paid 800k to make excuses .
If that was the case I would be applying for a coaching gig at Manly

Whatever picture we may have in our minds eye of what “a divide in the playing ranks” looks like, it is abundantly clear that morale and focus had been shattered by jerseygate, even if the players weren’t consciously still blaming each other.

Doesn't matter how many times you wash a rotten apple its still rotten. Overall it was a diabolical performance this season on many levels and whatever 17 were picked they looked poorly coached.
And the fans were served with the same shtty performances on a regular basis all our inconsistent mediocre underachieving season

Des just trying to buy himself some more time and another year on the payroll. I don't see why Des anoints a successor. Good luck to him for trying. He's a master opportunist and puppeteer with this type of stuff. Wreaks of 2011.

But surely it's time to cut the chord.
Definitely time to cut the umbilical chord with Des given the current position with Penn, Mestrov and the Fulton clan. Hopefully we get a coach in there that can help unify these fronts across the club and can introduce / implement some serious changes around our team's defensive and attacking structures. Also as importantly, someone who can create a stronger NRL bridge to our junior Pathways and offer these kids a real shot at 1st grade. In my opinion, Des failed on most of these scores. On top of all that, I understand he is now talking legal action (yet again).

Thanks Des for all your contribution to date but mate time to go. Negotiate a good payout and move on. Upwards and onwards for all concerned.

I'm not a Penn hater by any means, not that I think he's been a good owner of course. But the owner he is and that's the end of story.

But the 1 time Penn totally lost me was the year he continued to pay Trent Barrett for that last year and that basically wrote off entire year. I fear the same thing is about to happen again. You can't go into a year with a lame duck coach just running out the clock and expect to be successful. It's not fair on the members & fans who put up their cash to have no hope at rd 1. Barrett's last year was awful and when people say this year was our worst ever year well I'd throw up that last Barrett year as a check mate.

Let's not have another coach playing games with contracts and gardening and have another wasted year in 2023 like 2018 was.

Sort it.

Definitely time to cut the umbilical chord with Des given the current position with Penn, Mestrov and the Fulton clan. Hopefully we get a coach in there that can help unify these fronts across the club and can introduce / implement some serious changes around our team's defensive and attacking structures. Also as importantly, someone who can create a stronger NRL bridge to our junior Pathways and offer these kids a real shot at 1st grade. In my opinion, Des failed on most of these scores. On top of all that, I understand he is now talking legal action (yet again).

Thanks Des for all your contribution to date but mate time to go. Negotiate a good payout and move on. Upwards and onwards for all concerned.
Well said, and all the above is true.
Time we ripped the Band-Aid off and get on with it. Ugly exit last time and now no different.
He should back himself and take the year and repay the club rather than thinking off his bank balance! The club has done more than enough for him.

I'm not a Penn hater by any means, not that I think he's been a good owner of course. But the owner he is and that's the end of story.

But the 1 time Penn totally lost me was the year he continued to pay Trent Barrett for that last year and that basically wrote off entire year. I fear the same thing is about to happen again. You can't go into a year with a lame duck coach just running out the clock and expect to be successful. It's not fair on the members & fans who put up their cash to have no hope at rd 1. Barrett's last year was awful and when people say this year was our worst ever year well I'd throw up that last Barrett year as a check mate.

Let's not have another coach playing games with contracts and gardening and have another wasted year in 2023 like 2018 was.

Sort it.
Penn didn't pay Barrett for that last year because he wanted to, basically Manly wanted Barrett to stay, it was a coniving Barrett in July of 2018 who gave Manly 12 months notice, knowing full well that this would be unacceptable to Manly and would mean that Manly would pay him out for the remainder of his contract if they wanted him to go straight away. Manly called his bluff, accepted his resignation but had Barrett on home duties for the remainder of the notice period, in this time Barrett couldn't be employed anywhere else, as was mooted.

Hannah’s great great uncle used to get into a few difficulties of his own:
4F4B3883-F143-47DD-B788-BB8F9A2AC9FB.jpeg

1E6CF4CD-1556-44BE-B10C-A7761D44F168.jpeg

Des just trying to buy himself some more time and another year on the payroll. I don't see why Des anoints a successor. Good luck to him for trying. He's a master opportunist and puppeteer with this type of stuff. Wreaks of 2011.

But surely it's time to cut the chord.
Penn is the one who apparently directed Hasler to work out the succession plan.

Hasler has simply named his preferred candidate.

Penn didn't pay Barrett for that last year because he wanted to, basically Manly wanted Barrett to stay, it was a coniving Barrett in July of 2018 who gave Manly 12 months notice, knowing full well that this would be unacceptable to Manly and would mean that Manly would pay him out for the remainder of his contract if they wanted him to go straight away. Manly called his bluff, accepted his resignation but had Barrett on home duties for the remainder of the notice period, in this time Barrett couldn't be employed anywhere else, as was mooted.
You can say it was a conniving Barrett but the real question is, why had Penn put a rank amateur (or worse) in charge of negotiating something as important as the head coaching contract? Another false economy? For sure the club was woefully outplayed in that negotiation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4