Josh Aloiai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Probably overpaid but He’s been our most consistent forward this year apart from Paseka. the trip was stupid but I think a lot of people are harsh on him because they didn’t like his stance on the pride jersey which is unfair & his choice (Not saying you specifically). I can remember seeing interviews with some of the younger Islander boys over the years saying he has been a great leader for them too so I got no problem having him at the club until his contract expires
He’s unprofessional and has cost Manly more often than not during his time at the club. I agree his form has been pretty strong but he has brain explosions and goes missing against quality opposition.

Get rid of him.

It’s not good enough to just casually miss two games for an ineffective act of foul play when you’re on big money and expected to lead by example. As fans, we need to take ill discipline more seriously because it seriously compromises our ability to win games and make the finals. He is required next week against Saints and will miss the game and it’s not good enough.

StuBoot

Bencher
Lomax last week took the wingers legs out mid air causing him not to come back into the game....no charge, free to play against Manly.
Manly loading is real
Yep, l can't believe ( well l can because it's the NRL) that there was no case to answer for Lomax.
Sure he didn't mean it but he was nowhere near catching the ball and didn't pull out , instead he took his eyes off the ball and grabbed the the catcher

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
It is, but loading for previous offences is more real. His poor record at the judiciary means he ends up getting a harsher penalty than players with better records. No conspiracy required.
But victor radley got pinged for a high tackle a couple of weeks ago and he got no loading for previous offences, even though he has been suspended more times than I can count. Just don’t understand all the inconsistency

XV-1

First Grader
But victor radley got pinged for a high tackle a couple of weeks ago and he got no loading for previous offences, even though he has been suspended more times than I can count. Just don’t understand all the inconsistency

It's a pretty simple system.

Every player began Season 2022 with a clean slate with player records reset on a rolling 12-month period since their last offence.

Aloiai has 2 offences in last 12 months.
Radley does not.

There is no inconsistency and no Manly loading. See below

Josh Aloiai (Round 6, Dangerous Contact – suspended 1 game)

Josh Aloiai Grade 2 Dangerous Contact (Tripping) 2nd Offence TBC 2-3 matches

Victor Radley (Round 12, Careless High Tackle – $1000 fine)

Last edited:

Ohgeez

Says it all about those running the club that we sacked Des over the Pride fiasco and kept Aloiai.
so are you saying Des shouldn’t have been sacked or Aloiai should have? If you wanted Josh sacked then you also wanted Oka, Saab, Koula & Sipley all sacked too? Can’t have 1 rule for him & different for the others just because he is the one that spoke up for how they all felt. Des time at Manly ended at the right time in my eyes

Last edited:

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
I think he wears his man bun to tight
Indeed it is. His hair is holding on too tight.

As a result he’s turning in his jersey and locker keys, but in this instance he will still attend the Bottom Gun School, where ‘the worst of the worst’ practice their happy-clappy skills.

That of course is in concert with oxygen thievery, ‘going inverted’ on the tackled player, ‘no look passes to no one’, missed tackles (of course), regular cheap shots and ‘post-contact metres avoidance’ tactics.

He reminds me a lot of Tapau. He looks busy but doesn’t achieve much on the field. In his his case he nudges into the defensive line but never breaks it. Plus, like Marty (the world champion ‘pass sight unseen to no one man’), he is great when it comes to brain explosions.

Last edited:

Eagle 1

First Grader
I've been one of Aloiai's main defenders on here, he's been going well starting with Tent. But, that trip was just so schoolboyish, doesn't he realize that everything is on camera these days. Now he's on the sidelines for 2 games watching when we need him the most. Think we now need to part wsys, he was great for the first 2yrs since then it's been controversy, plenty of injuries and suspensions. Yep, Uk calls alright.

joshcooper123

Reserve Grader
I've been one of Aloiai's main defenders on here, he's been going well starting with Tent. But, that trip was just so schoolboyish, doesn't he realize that everything is on camera these days. Now he's on the sidelines for 2 games watching when we need him the most. Think we now need to part wsys, he was great for the first 2yrs since then it's been controversy, plenty of injuries and suspensions. Yep, Uk calls alright.
blessing in disguise i recon him being out for 2 weeks. i think sipley should be starting for the rest of the season and bullemor on the bench with aloiai in reserves. only reason why he was starting because he is on 600k and can't be wasting that on the bench or in reserve grade. time to move aloiai on

Eagle 1

First Grader
blessing in disguise i recon him being out for 2 weeks. i think sipley should be starting for the rest of the season and bullemor on the bench with aloiai in reserves. only reason why he was starting because he is on 600k and can't be wasting that on the bench or in reserve grade. time to move aloiai on
Disagree, Aloiai has been going really well, and turning back the clock to his early yrs with us. But after the stupid trip I've lost faith in this guy, hopefully it's his last year with us.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16