Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree with it on paper

How bout on the field? Very good chance tom and foran dont play more than half a season..
Fainu isn't even assured of being a free man letalone playing football..
Love dce so no questions there

Jurbo is great too... but plays first reciever too much for my liking..

So out of that list we are guaranteed 2 great players... thats a very realistic summation in my eyes
Agree with your points. I was more just making it clear that within our squad we actually do have a number of stars (like we did in 2008/11)... and therefore to expect us to be signing more marquee players is a bit unrealistic.

Our spine has ...
1. Trbojevic (Aust centre/back up fullback)
6. Foran (NZ stand off- past his best, but a great player regardless)/Schuster (probably the best young 6 coming through)
7. DCE (Aust halfback)
9. Fainu (one of the best young hookers in the game)
13. Trbojevic (Aust lock)
If this isn’t a great list of stars to build a team around, then I don’t know what is.
Add Taupau and the up-and-coming Schuster , rep player in Walker, and even Sirro... full-strength, we have a dynamite team

May have played his guts out but he is average
I think you are right about jamil. I had very high hopes when I saw him in the juniors, I thought he was the next watmough with his bustling energy and mongrel. He hasn't kicked on since the prison stretch. He's had a season in q cup and a season in first grade (quite a few games) I wonder if he can go up a notch from here, or is this it?

Agree with your points. I was more just making it clear that within our squad we actually do have a number of stars (like we did in 2008/11)... and therefore to expect us to be signing more marquee players is a bit unrealistic.
Ahh ok, I get it.. I dont expect us to go spend millions on a marquee star, I just don't see how filling our squad with average buys will help is all.. surely there's middle ground somwhere

Looks like this could be the side then, I wouldn’t be opposed to it;
1 Turbo 2 Saab 3 Suli 4 Funa 5 Garrick 6 Schuster 7 DCE
8 Aloiai 9 Cust 10 Taupau 11 Garner 12 Sironen 13 Trbojevic
14 Foran 15 Olakau’atu 16 Keppie 17 Paseka

Knowing Des, Parker will probably be 4 with Funa 5. And Gosiewski 15 with Ola’ dropped.

Would be a good top 4-6 chance with Tom fit

Last edited:
I never heard Josh Aloiai but Jamil Hopoate is available. He played his guts out for a beaten Broncos team.

Hi Jamil, if you improve your tackling, ball running, and most importantly your hands, you may be in with a shot at a long successful career.

Good luck with it.

Aloai & Garner are gun players. I watch every Tigers game without fail.

Added to what i reckon is a bottom 4 roster, they could make us a top 8 side without doubt.
I don't feel we are a bottom 4 roster IF we keep the bulk of the first 17 healthy. You obviously expect to lose players at various times during the year for a few weeks and that is where decent reserves who can do a job for 2-4 weeks are needed. BUT if you lose the bulk of your attacking spine for the whole year then forget it. To lose Tom, Suli, Walker, Fainu for 80% of the season then you're pushing sht uphill and will no doubt finish down near the bottom. Any side would. Take Papen, Munster and Smith out of Storm for the whole year and see. Take the spine Api, Cleary, Lui, out of Penrith and they wouldn't make the 8

Tigers chasing & in talks with Roberts.....our chances of getting Aloiai just went up!
Like Saab tigers aren't willing to pay what Josh is asking. Look as I have said before he is not on his own going to change our fortunes over night, we are still a squad which needs fixing but having him come to us is a no brainer if the tigers don't want him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8