Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tigers have Tamou and Big Steff coming in up front. That would be a sizeable slice of the cap on two new bookends to the club.

Madge likes his props Big.

It actually makes a bit of sense for them to free up cap space and let this lad go. They have other bench props who will do a similar job, and prob at half the price.

90 games. Peaked is probably the wrong word - what I mean is you know what your going to get. That’s 4 seasons just about.

Where does he rank in terms of other props in the comp? If he was quality, would Madge allow him to leave?

Im guessing we would be paying this guy 300-500k and I just feel there would be more upside in bringing through a Jnr and using that money on a 9 - something we don’t have for 2021. We can’t compete without a 9 - it won’t matter how many props we have.
Madge has a history of getting players offside, the Souffs players were pretty happy to see the back of him, his ego is bigger than his ability in my opinion, I reckon we dodged a bullet when he didn't sign with us, maybe Aloiai doesn't say yes often enough, anyway I'd be happy to see him in Manly colours

Told my 7 year old daughter tonight to be confident to make her own decisions.....and don't rely on others to tell her what to do.....
Smokin Joe, you should also mention to your little one, that anyone who is posting at 1.40am on a footy forum is probably not the most reliable person to hang your hat on.

Our spine has ...
1. Trbojevic (Aust centre/back up fullback)
6. Foran (NZ stand off- past his best, but a great player regardless)/Schuster (probably the best young 6 coming through)
7. DCE (Aust halfback)
9. Fainu (one of the best young hookers in the game)
13. Trbojevic (Aust lock)
If this isn’t a great list of stars to build a team around, then I don’t know what is.
Yes but fainu isnt available and this is killing us. Especially with constant injuries and replacements like croker

Club seems pretty intent on bringing in a replacement prop for A F B and not looking within [ note also previously Jack Hetherington ] Also seems to indicate that Jake is not currently viewed upon as a prop option next season [ or Haumole for that matter ] Don "t watch many other club non Manly games but think that he was noticeable as a strong running unit [ no idea of his defensive efficiency ] Could be a handy pickup. , have no problem with the front row options for next season , just the back row to offer more , really hope that Haumole and Burbo [ still think he is a better edge option ] can step up there and naturally Siro used better Jake on 950 k from next season and gee , really need him to produce regular elite level performances on that type of money [ in contrast to this season ] Manly "s big three at least in contract value , D C E , Turbo and Jake , and over 3 mil designated to them , fit , firing and on song and regularly on the field , great but certainly depend on all of those outcomes being the norm

It's hard not to laugh.
Reportedly the Tigers held a secret meeting with James Roberts in a Concord Cafe this week.
1. Why would you chose a public place for a secret meeting?
2. Why would Roberts walk away from the sport and a reported $550,000 a season contract if he was planning to remain playing rugby league?
Wow. We live in a world of Fake News.

It's hard not to laugh.
Reportedly the Tigers held a secret meeting with James Roberts in a Concord Cafe this week.
1. Why would you chose a public place for a secret meeting?
2. Why would Roberts walk away from the sport and a reported $550,000 a season contract if he was planning to remain playing rugby league?
Wow. We live in a world of Fake News.

And reported that he was prepared to take as little as $150k ... to play the game he loves ...

WOW ... he must really love Souff's and care about their salary cap ... to walk away from over $500k to take $150k elsewhere ... Souff's should build a statue of him at Redfern ...

And reported that he was prepared to take as little as $150k ... to play the game he loves ...

WOW ... he must really love Souff's and care about their salary cap ... to walk away from over $500k to take $150k elsewhere ... Souff's should build a statue of him at Redfern ...
Build it at Mascot within Souffs' territory to pay homage to the Jet.

O
Not sure if it’s worth a grain of salt, but I got passed on info that Tigers wouldn’t match Aloiai’s $500k asking price which has led him to us.

See what happens ... but for those in favour of this move, is $500k overs/unders/on the money???
Overs based on the position he plays we have good depth and some great junior talent.

Not sure if it’s worth a grain of salt, but I got passed on info that Tigers wouldn’t match Aloiai’s $500k asking price which has led him to us.

See what happens ... but for those in favour of this move, is $500k overs/unders/on the money???
Slight overs for me but that’s not unusual when recruiting good players from other clubs. Against Russell Packer’s $800k it’s unders though!

I agree with you.

I was interested to hear those in favour of bringing in Aloiai and understanding what is a fair price because as you said, I think we have enough depth in this position that we should have thrown this (theoretical) $500k to attempt to get a 9 from another club.

Luring back someone like Verrills with a large portion of the $500k makes more sense to me than spending it on a prop that doesn’t rank in the top 50 in any stats other 44th for post contact metres and 15th for decoy runs.
The squad needs some balance, we have sufficient depth with middle forwards, the way Des was inclined to play Guaca in the middle and not on the edge I would think we need another edge forward before a middle forward.

We need depth in the nine jumper for sure, I was thinking Birt or Ott may get a development player contract, with the stand down on Manase I think we can use a development player from the get go. Both these guys have shown good potential.

Really can not see how a player [ or prop ] that other clubs hardly seem to be going out of their way to recruit could warrant that sort of money in the 500 k range . No doubt a pretty fair player [ at least from reports ] but playing overs for a prop is hardly one of Manly 's main priorities at the current time surely .

The squad needs some balance, we have sufficient depth with middle forwards, the way Des was inclined to play Guaca in the middle and not on the edge I would think we need another edge forward before a middle forward.

We need depth in the nine jumper for sure, I was thinking Birt or Ott may get a development player contract, with the stand down on Manase I think we can use a development player from the get go. Both these guys have shown good potential.
Btu that seems to be the concern at the moment especially in the 9 department , potential , hope , expectation , and not established and proven performers there for Manly . Anyway it is what it is of course , good to have promising juniors coming through who may eventually produce the goods and very tough to have a player of Fauni "s ability watching on from the sidelines for whatever time into the future .

Btu that seems to be the concern at the moment especially in the 9 department , potential , hope , expectation , and not established and proven performers there for Manly . Anyway it is what it is of course , good to have promising juniors coming through who may eventually produce the goods and very tough to have a player of Fauni "s ability watching on from the sidelines for whatever time into the future .
I agree an experienced nine is what we need, though I don’t think we have the coin to get one, what’s on available on the market is not great, Levi didn’t workout unfortunately.

With Manase having to be paid we may not have much choice but to hope that potential becomes experienced and skilful very quickly.

27 players settled in the 30 now, 3 development player contracts available with S Fainu, Saddler and Andersen contracted for 2021.

Andersen in my opinion could be on the outer with Koula being named in the 30. Not a good sign for Andersen.

I would like to see Birt and Ott both get development contracts.

I agree an experienced nine is what we need, though I don’t think we have the coin to get one, what’s on available on the market is not great, Levi didn’t workout unfortunately.

With Manase having to be paid we may not have much choice but to hope that potential becomes experienced and skilful very quickly.

27 players settled in the 30 now, 3 development player contracts available with S Fainu, Saddler and Andersen contracted for 2021.

Andersen in my opinion could be on the outer with Koula being named in the 30. Not a good sign for Andersen.

I would like to see Birt and Ott both get development contracts.
What experienced 9 is going to want to come here for a year though??

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10