Josh Addo-Carr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There should be no way Souffs can afford Addo-Carr. They already have a star-studded backline and have Latrine, the Jet and Burns to come back. How they were even contemplating recruiting that teenage "sensation" is also ludicrous.
I'd be happy to part company with Walker, who rarely plays anyway, and tip all resources into Addo-Carr.

What is "stupid money"?
Is it the $850,000 Moylen is on at Cronulla, and Reynolds at Wests?
Ditto Bird at the Donkeys and Duggan at the Sharks.
Addo-Carr should command $850,000 and, if he stays healthy, would repay it in tries.
Yes, all of the above is, was and always will be stupid money for those particular players.

Am really bemused at the animosity towards Walker......yes he’s unfortunately been injured whilst playing for Manly & not so much of his own accord, but a fit, injury free & confidence filled Walker offers so much more to our backline than any bloody winger! I for one hope he stays for the long haul. I’m looking forward to watching a fully fit & more mature Walker playing in his best position of centre next year. Hope he sticks it to the doubters in 2021 & beyond!

Am really bemused at the animosity towards Walker......yes he’s unfortunately been injured whilst playing for Manly & not so much of his own accord, but a fit, injury free & confidence filled Walker offers so much more to our backline than any bloody winger! I for one hope he stays for the long haul. I’m looking forward to watching a fully fit & more mature Walker playing in his best position of centre next year. Hope he sticks it to the doubters in 2021 & beyond!
Walker is a gun. As i said in another thread our only 'creator' in the outside backs not considering Tom Turbo. (repeated) I would keep him, on a reduced contract, clearly a bit of a 'glue' socially at the club, and also a great player / centre when fit. He was actually extremely quality back end of last year and this year until he got injured at 6. He outplayed Chez in that final v souths.

Doesn't mean we can't get JAC. We should have some cap space with AFB gone and with Smith retiring maybe Storm will need a goalkicker... Garrick swap? Storm are known for making average players (Garrick) good and would actually use him well as their outside backs pass into space and their halves have a good short kicking game (see: every Vunivalu try).

Taufua, Parker etc going, we could even back end him if we have to (i.e. 400-500 next year then 800 the year after, then normalising to 600-650k year every year after that). I know its dangerous but there probably is less risk with backending JAC as he doesn't have that poor an injury history.

On another rumour mill (and this is a large one), a friend who knows a couple manly players said Jorge was actually on a deal of 500k+ (or something obscene for his value). I know this is rumour mill and not saying its true but there has been worse sources providing true stories and if so, shows why our cap is screwed.

Lewie Brown was underrated.
With good reason, you may say!
Nevertheless, I was a fan. He was a fitness fanatic Mr Stop-gap, never besmirched the Manly name by (in any of the multitude of ways that can be done) and his outstanding profile alone means he deserves more credit than he gets around here. He was a good NRL player.

He scored 15 tries in the 20 game season playing for the Storm of which 9 of them were scored against the bottom 3 sides and 2 against us who came 10th. He scored 5 tries in 10 games against the top 5 teams.
Alex Johnston scored 20.
Felt and Nofoaluma scored 19 and 17 playing in bottom 4 sides.

And Addo Carr is the best winger in the comp demanding 600-800k? Give me a break.
Noafolumna is probablythe only better player you quoted, and its close.

Feldt drops the ball a lot and is just a finisher really. Johnston, has been great lately, but is extremely small and would provide little value for us considering a huge prerequisite for a winger signing is being able to take tough hit ups to start off sets, which is probably the poorest part of Johnstons game. He also is another 'finisher' and doesn't create nearly as many chances as JAC, nor is he half as good as him in open space. JAC is also a lot better out of his teams own 20m line.

He would definitely provide value at 600-650k. Anything over I would have question marks. But for us, he would also solve a problem of a fullback replacement for Tom... something which has dismantled us for the better part of two seasons. JAC would probably be the best signing we could make of players on the current market (besides maybe B. Smith if he even is on the market).

Noafolumna is probablythe only better player you quoted, and its close.

Feldt drops the ball a lot and is just a finisher really. Johnston, has been great lately, but is extremely small and would provide little value for us considering a huge prerequisite for a winger signing is being able to take tough hit ups to start off sets, which is probably the poorest part of Johnstons game. He also is another 'finisher' and doesn't create nearly as many chances as JAC, nor is he half as good as him in open space. JAC is also a lot better out of his teams own 20m line.

He would definitely provide value at 600-650k. Anything over I would have question marks. But for us, he would also solve a problem of a fullback replacement for Tom... something which has dismantled us for the better part of two seasons. JAC would probably be the best signing we could make of players on the current market (besides maybe B. Smith if he even is on the market).
To each their own mate, i really don't like his persona (ie the covid crap he pulled) and think he is overated as a "footballer". Fast? Sure is.
Where is all this FB ability talk coming from? I can't recall seeing him even play FB.

Is a 650-750-800k winger REALLY going to give value in a side where the wingers hardly see the ball?

I think there are 10 better ways to spend our money but for a club with looong pockets...sure, give him 500k.

To each their own mate, i really don't like his persona (ie the covid crap he pulled) and think he is overated as a "footballer". Fast? Sure is.
Where is all this FB ability talk coming from? I can't recall seeing him even play FB.

Is a 650-750-800k winger REALLY going to give value in a side where the wingers hardly see the ball?

I think there are 10 better ways to spend our money but for a club with looong pockets...sure, give him 500k.
I think 650K is an absolute max, if not 600K. I agree, a lot of smarter ways to spend money if it starts getting up to or above that amount. Although i'm hesitant with this I must say it could also be a major signing if we set the right structures in place and if Turbo gets injured again

I think we are probably 3rd in the running though if we are even after him

I dont care who our next wingers are as long as atleast one of them is tall and can jump...

sick and tired of watching every other team kick to their wingers for trys each week and manly just...can't...

seriously, when is the last time we could put a bomb up and be pretty confident our winger will outleap someone for a try???
Certainly not the last 10 years.
Even before that, I absolutely loved Robbo and hicks/Wolfman on the wings but we never bombed to them... (although difference is, with ox/dce, lyon,gifty and snake all playing we had plenty of talent to set scoring plays up without needing the bomb)
Its really cost us in the last few years and somthing needs to be done about it...

sick and tired of watching every other team kick to their wingers for trys each week and manly just...can't...
Garrick had a poor season, but in 2019 he scored a few tries from kicks as did our tall fullback. If a winger has speed, agility & evasiveness, this can compensate for lack of height or size, e.g Nofoaluma & Addo-Carr. Of the eight wingers remaining in the comp, I think only Vunivalu is genuinely tall.

Lewie Brown was underrated.
With good reason, you may say!
Nevertheless, I was a fan. He was a fitness fanatic Mr Stop-gap, never besmirched the Manly name by (in any of the multitude of ways that can be done) and his outstanding profile alone means he deserves more credit than he gets around here. He was a good NRL player.
We just got him at the wrong end of his career

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7