Jorgey boy.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This doesn't warrant its own thread but does anyone know why Edrick Lee has had such a fall from grace?
Is the guy worth looking into?
Offloaded from the raiders after making his 3rd or 4th appearance for the QLD emerging/training squad, signed to the sharks after a full off season with the raiders and now he can't beat Gerrad Beale and Sosia Feki for a spot on the wing..?
Does he not make the cut because he doesn't know the plays, doesn't gel with the squad, poor attitude or just plain poor form?
So many questions I apologize, but i'm just curious if anyone has any intel on him?

This doesn't warrant its own thread but does anyone know why Edrick Lee has had such a fall from grace?
Is the guy worth looking into?
Offloaded from the raiders after making his 3rd or 4th appearance for the QLD emerging/training squad, signed to the sharks after a full off season with the raiders and now he can't beat Gerrad Beale and Sosia Feki for a spot on the wing..?
Does he not make the cut because he doesn't know the plays, doesn't gel with the squad, poor attitude or just plain poor form?
So many questions I apologize, but i'm just curious if anyone has any intel on him?
I read where he got up to something that was described as 'unsavoury' while he was at the raiders.
Maybe he's got into the savouries on offer at the sharks.
Or he's just playing like sh*t, whatever he's dropped off the radar.

• 📚
Reactions: R3
We need some quality backs badly, and more depth there aswell.

Jordan Kahu would be an awesome pickup, can play anywhere in backline, good goal kicker, we could get him and have a number of problems solved.

Pearson another strong option for the wing, good catcher of the high ball, tall and strong and very quick.

Gela-Mosby, Naiquama also good options.

Be careful..................I suggested this last week and almost got thrown out ;-)

I'm gonna be unpopular and say I don't think it's the worst thing ever if Jorge leaves.
I'm a fan but I prefer a winger with an all round game, and Jorge is a woeful defensive liability in the air!
He also is good for a dropped ball or two every game running "hard" from our end.
Some attacking high ball options would be a great addition, something Jorge doesn't offer!

Cap pressure concerns how much money the club are willing to put aside for a winger of Taufua's standing in the game. If he wants 400k a season, the cap is under pressure after they make priority signings in the back row etc. if he wants to stay for 250k, that's another 150k that can be allocated elsewhere. There are clubs like Newcastle and the Tigers that are only too happy to offer a guy like Jorge upwards of 350-400k.

The club were interested in Daniel Tapou but missed out.

As for Funa, he is not considered a future star by the club. He surprised a few when he made 20's because he was no standout in SG Ball before jumping ship to Manly. He wasn't part of rep teams and wasn't even a winger. He did start the year well but all the raps he was getting was based on 4 weeks of football.

None of this is to say that he won't make something of himself because he is a champion young bloke, but he is a long long long way off FG.
I agree some and disagree some.I think some people in the club rate him highly,I thought Baz named Funa,Paseka,Parker and Bainbridge as guys who needed to be given opportunities in an interview(could be wrong though).Can't say what the whole club thinks of him...I agree that I would not play him next year,would keep him in 20's and give opportunities in ISP when available.I also think that it is more than just 4 games,yeah he might be a bit of a surprise,but he made the step up from Ball to Holden cup when ball finished and was the most impressive guy for the rest of the year in that backline (on the wing)and he was obviously brought across from the West because they thought he was good.But I agree he is probably not ready yet,but don't think he is a long,long,long way away,maybe just a little away.

Storm will get him and turn him into a 20 try a year winger that can catch a high ball or a barnstorming 2nd rower.
They can do that as long as the big three are there and as long as they can continue to have the most (or one of the most) staff of all clubs in the nrls, their ability to do that is overrated. If every club could pay for all the staff they do it'd be the closest sport in the world

I agree some and disagree some.I think some people in the club rate him highly,I thought Baz named Funa,Paseka,Parker and Bainbridge as guys who needed to be given opportunities in an interview(could be wrong though).Can't say what the whole club thinks of him...I agree that I would not play him next year,would keep him in 20's and give opportunities in ISP when available.I also think that it is more than just 4 games,yeah he might be a bit of a surprise,but he made the step up from Ball to Holden cup when ball finished and was the most impressive guy for the rest of the year in that backline (on the wing)and he was obviously brought across from the West because they thought he was good.But I agree he is probably not ready yet,but don't think he is a long,long,long way away,maybe just a little away.
Well he got injured in Round 5 and failed to complete the game so maybe 4 and a bit games. I know Tevita well and he wasn't really on anyone's radar before the 4 games he played at the beginning of the year.

Read nothing into Baz or Bozo talking up blokes rolling around in the lower grades at Manly!
They have to do that whether they believe it or not!

If any of them were real prospects they would be in the side now instead of Wright, Kelly, Hastings...............who give us f*** all

Well he got injured in Round 5 and failed to complete the game so maybe 4 and a bit games. I know Tevita well and he wasn't really on anyone's radar before the 4 games he played at the beginning of the year.
Possibly, but I include his performances from last year and I doubt I would be the only one impressed...I respect that you have an in with people at the club,but not going up to a player and telling them you are on our radar does not mean that people are not watching and liking what they see,no coach is going to put undue stress/expectations on a young player and inflate their sense of self worth.

Read nothing into Baz or Bozo talking up blokes rolling around in the lower grades at Manly!
They have to do that whether they believe it or not!

If any of them were real prospects they would be in the side now instead of Wright, Kelly, Hastings...............who give us f*** all
They are coming 4th I think,what needs to be talked up,they are obviously performing.The reason they are not being brought up is to not rush players not ready for NRL(right now),it is also why they partnered with Blacktown so that the 20's side is not being plundered and chopped and changed to fill in the gaps in ISP.

Jorge is probably the most underrated player in the Manly team. Not only is he a solid finisher, he is perhaps the best meter eating winger in the competition. His runs help us get out of trouble too often to be let go. He is also great at gathering momentum for the set, which allows our smaller outside backs to pinch meters against a retreating defence. In an age where you can just block people from contesting bombs, I would have thought he would be a priority.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8