Jorgey boy.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Your list of things that kill is getting longer.

I'm starting to worry!

:giggle:@:mask:
There is more than one way to KILL a Rooster this Sunday afternoon feathered friend !!!
rooster1.jpg

How are we under salary cap pressure for 2018? Perplexing. Not like Taffy would be on huge coin anyway. I just don't understand

It sounds like crap to me.

My bet is his manager is trying milk an extra 20k out of the Eagles before signing.

Big step up to 1 st grade but from all reliable reports, he was going very well at the start of the season with the makings of a top line player . The fact that some other clubs were showing some interest in him would be another indication of his potential. Has been back playing for a couple of weeks now and hope that the Manly 20 "s game is televised this Sunday and to see how he is now performing .

A bit of a quandary with Jorge with his undoubted playing strengths and the few few liabilities to his game . One of the best and powerful finishers with a sometimes uncanny knack to find the try line as opposed to his slight lack of pace .Trouble reading the defence sometimes but one of the most effective back line tackle hitter in the game. One of the best yardage runner in the comp but one of the worst back line player under the high ball. As i said a real quandary with Jorge but still seems a good asset to any side.

Have no source,but would not be surprised if he is making way for young Funa for next year.Good or bad.....Funa is also a goalkicker whether that means didley or not.
If any of us want to see how Funa is going - and Tent, Guaca and Wright, for that matter - then there'll be no sleeping in on Sunday morning as the match starts at 9.45am. Instead of oranges at half time I'm unreliably informed they will be served wheetBix and warm milk.

The most concerning part about that report is the fact we have "salary cap pressure". No Stewart, Matai, Lawrence, Myles and we have cap pressure. I know we have upgraded some guys but with the cap to go up next year surely the talk of cap pressure is a gee up.
The club saying that is has salary cap pressure is just it's way of saying, " we don't want to resign you again and it would be in you interest to look elswhere", at least it sounds better than "we don't want you".

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Cap pressure concerns how much money the club are willing to put aside for a winger of Taufua's standing in the game. If he wants 400k a season, the cap is under pressure after they make priority signings in the back row etc. if he wants to stay for 250k, that's another 150k that can be allocated elsewhere. There are clubs like Newcastle and the Tigers that are only too happy to offer a guy like Jorge upwards of 350-400k.

The club were interested in Daniel Tapou but missed out.

As for Funa, he is not considered a future star by the club. He surprised a few when he made 20's because he was no standout in SG Ball before jumping ship to Manly. He wasn't part of rep teams and wasn't even a winger. He did start the year well but all the raps he was getting was based on 4 weeks of football.

None of this is to say that he won't make something of himself because he is a champion young bloke, but he is a long long long way off FG.

Jade Anderson looks like a safe winger as well as a good finisher. 12 games 11 tries this year. Can kick a goal too.

We need some quality backs badly, and more depth there aswell.

Jordan Kahu would be an awesome pickup, can play anywhere in backline, good goal kicker, we could get him and have a number of problems solved.

Pearson another strong option for the wing, good catcher of the high ball, tall and strong and very quick.

Gela-Mosby, Naiquama also good options.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10