Jorge Taufua charged with spitting at a cop.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Jorge Taufua has been arrested

Fro said:
there is assault and there is battery, dunno what the exact difference is

Assault = putting someone in fear of being hit

Battery = actually hitting someone

RE: Jorge Taufua: Charged with spitting at a cop.

Lucky his name isn't Roxanne or they would have told him him he didn't have to put on the red light.

Lucky he wasn't in the Taliban controlled area of Afghanistan, they behead people for spitting.

His defence is the policeman had red hair and he throught that it was julia Gillard

My biggest pet hate is spitting is there ever a need for it. Can't stand watching American Baseball for this reason it's purely a lazy habit.

A major character flaw in my books and i never trust anyone in general who constantly feels the need to do so.

This is not what we or the game need in the off season. It may not be a big story but we can't afford to be in the news for the wrong reasons. The tele will have a field day just because he's a Manly player.

IF he has been found to be at fault, then i'd not only fine him but make him front up for training a week ahead of everyone else.....or put him to work in the football club office and help with the memberships. He isn't on much money so the fine won't be much but make him work for the part of any punishment he may be due.

I feel confident the club will do their investigation and deal with this the way they should.

You wait until the truth comes out. Only Terry Hill can empathise with his condition.

Technical Coach said:
My biggest pet hate is spitting is there ever a need for it. Can't stand watching American Baseball for this reason it's purely a lazy habit.

A major character flaw in my books and i never trust anyone in general who constantly feels the need to do so.

Do you trust llamas?

Technical Coach said:

I agree.
In my book he'd be better off trying to throw one.
Spitting is lowest of the low - too lazy or dumb to think of a better response...

and look ourselves in the mirror people, if this was another club's player that ( alledgedly ) did this we wouldn't be joking about it.

I'm no saint but spitting at someone ( especially the cops ! )
is asking for all the trouble in the world.
Shows absolutely no respect for himself or others.

They will have a field day not only because he is a manly player but he is accused of spitting at a policeman

Let's repeat that

He is accused (not guilty) of spitting at a policeman

Any player accused of this is going to be a big deal

lsz said:
They will have a field day not only because he is a manly player but he is accused of spitting at a policeman

Let's repeat that

He is accused (not guilty) of spitting at a policeman

Any player accused of this is going to be a big deal

Agreed. Any player from any club and this would be a big story.

All supporters think that the telecrap has an agenda against their club. The DT just loves to beat up any story that crosses their desk. Its called tabloid journalism people.

Agree with lsz

(IF GUILTY) Manly player or not - disgusting act. Spitting is Not far off biting. Filthy, low, spreads disease. If it IS true i wouldnt be bothered if Manly sacked him.

the courts up here are pretty lenient so he should be ok.
On a side note: All clubs in surfers have a 3am lockout and if your on the street after 3am you are a target for the police who are only to be found around the glitter strip and not in the community

Very low act indeed.But there's no point Manly sacking him as it's then ok for any other club to sign him up for next to nothing and call it "giving him a second chance".

Fine him and a 2 week suspension will do as other clubs will be circling.

To be fair, they are QLD cops, so probably deserve everything they get. What's the % of crooked cops up there again.

Filthy state.

My god, nothing short or a completely stupid act. Yes, most of us have had times when we have been utterly drunk & can't remember, but to spit on someone doesn't say much for an individual. Just like those wankers who get overly aggressive & carry on like wankers when they drink, if you can't handle the grog, then don't drink. He has sadly branded himself for life now. Let's just hope he moves on & matures from this.

Stiffi said:
My god, nothing short or a completely stupid act. Yes, most of us have had times when we have been utterly drunk & can't remember, but to spit on someone doesn't say much for an individual. Just like those wankers who get overly aggressive & carry on like wankers when they drink, if you can't handle the grog, then don't drink. He has sadly branded himself for life now. Let's just hope he moves on & matures from this.

Remember before you crucify him, Benji Marshall did that but 12 months ago, and he's one of the faces of the league and channel 9.

Also, don't under estimate the discrimination of our northern partners police force. You'd find it terrible if you knew some of the stories I was told.

They are 80's cops still.

There's always two stories, and I'm sure Jorge wouldn't have spit at an officer doing things by the book.

I'm also not making excuses, but lets balance ourselves here.

Ryan said:
Stiffi said:

Remember before you crucify him, Benji Marshall did that but 12 months ago, and he's one of the faces of the league and channel 9.

Also, don't under estimate the discrimination of our northern partners police force. You'd find it terrible if you knew some of the stories I was told.

They are 80's cops still.

There's always two stories, and I'm sure Jorge wouldn't have spit at an officer doing things by the book.

I'm also not making excuses, but lets balance ourselves here.

We don't know the full story either like why the **** was his eye bandaged?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7