Jorge - A thing of beauty !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
God I miss Matai :inlove:

images

Another story on the US reaction....

NRL star Jorge Taufua catches America’s eye after ferocious hit

news.com.au - Sept 4, 2019

America can be a bit insular when it comes to its sport so you know you’ve done something special when rugby league makes a splash.

Cameron Munster was hit so hard on the weekend even America felt his pain.

The NRL star became an unwitting internet sensation when he was absolutely poleaxed by Manly’s Jorge Taufua in Melbourne’s 36-6 win over the Sea Eagles at Lottoland and it’s got sports fans Stateside wondering what the deal is with this thing called rugby league.

Munster received an inside ball on a break 20m out from Manly’s line but was stopped in his tracks and buried into the turf by Taufua’s pile-driver, which has now gone viral in the US.

American sports website Bleacher Report posted a video of the bone-jarring hit on its Twitter account on Wednesday morning (AEST) and it quickly racked up nearly 200,000 views as intrigued social media users from the northern hemisphere wondered what sport permits that type of savagery without any padded protection like they have in the NFL.

“Couple million Americans just found another existing sport,” one wrote.

Another said: “WTF is this sport?”

“With no pads omg that’s an assault charge,” someone else added.

Full story link: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...t/news-story/d7fa348a54479e3ff6a95c8963d8b5c7

Greenburg is sharpening his pencil to bar this sort of tackle.

Watch it happen.

It will come under that post Arthurson rule - "Anything that gives Manly and advantage is outlawed"

I liked how non plussed he looks after....like it is an everyday thing (which it kinda is)

He is our number two
and he's got great hair
he hits real hard
and he hits real fair

He's made of steel
made in a forge
It's our Jorge
It's our Jorge

Big tackles seldom win games dropped balls always lose games.

I love that he ironed out a few of the purple ****ers, but Jorge is not really bringing much else to the table. He has been slightly more dependable this year but as his leg drive deserts him (and it is) he will really not have Much going for him at all. He has no footy nous, no urgency and no scope for improvement

Seems a valuable squad member though, so that counts for something
And in fairness to Jorge the errors reduced enormously this year.
I think he dropped 2 high balls all season.

yet another player who improved under des.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8