Jorge - A thing of beauty !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3 great hits tonight by Jorge.

Unfortunately his old habit of dropping the ball resurfaced big time.

Definitely rocks and diamonds tonight. And as big as those hits were.....how many tries were conceded on the back of dropped balls (and not just by Jorge. He had plenty of cohorts tonight).

big jorge fan. Cant believe how many wanted him gone. He is one of the last pieces from our hey day and from the wing he provides inspiration .after the last month the wingers and centres from opposing teams will be keeping an eye out for him

Big tackles seldom win games dropped balls always lose games.

I love that he ironed out a few of the purple ****ers, but Jorge is not really bringing much else to the table. He has been slightly more dependable this year but as his leg drive deserts him (and it is) he will really not have Much going for him at all. He has no footy nous, no urgency and no scope for improvement

Seems a valuable squad member though, so that counts for something

The look on the sound guys face in the background is priceless

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 9.36.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 9.36.03 AM.png
    372.6 KB · Views: 72
Storm were on the boil and a quick play the ball would have finished us off .

No chance of a quick play the ball here .

On Yah Jorge boy !!!

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 9.36.03 AM.png

It's a pity he didn't write Munster off, great hit, I dislike Munster as much as I dislike Smith.

.....and Paperhousen, Vunivalu, Olam, Chambers, J.A-C (only in a smelbourne jersey), every half they have, both the Bromwich's, Kaufusi, Dale (see J.A-C), the other Smith( whats his name...) and the coach, and the diamond ring.....and.... where's the panadol...

Storm were on the boil and a quick play the ball would have finished us off .

No chance of a quick play the ball here .

On Yah Jorge boy !!!

View attachment 12470

As great as that hit was, I do have to give props to Munster for getting up and playing on. There are many of his fellow NRL players who would have been down for the count after a hit like that. I remember seeing a game between Balmain and Penrith in late 1989 when (I think) Mark Geyer hit Benny Elias with a similar bell ringer. Elias didn't get up for about 5 minutes.

That 1989 tackle on Elias also showed the vast difference between the game now and the game back then. Munster was OK after Jorge belted him, but if that hit had been in 2019 Elias staying down for so long would likely have seen him miss the rest of the game under the HIA rules. And he went on to be one of the Tigers better players that day (Geyer belted Benny, but Balmain belted Penrith).

Not sure about the hate for Gutho - never wanted to leave and was basically forced out. Since then have never heard a bad word from him against the club

Its more who he plays for than any hate for him for leaving. Although I can understand it because if you watch him lately he really has turned into a whinging Worm. Every single time a decision goes against his side he carries on like a pork chop about it, even if it was a correct decision.

campaigns.json

Jorge Taufua attracts 2 million online hits for Cameron Munster tackle
Jorge Taufua’s hit on Cameron Munster was so big even NBA legend Kobe Bryant felt it, after the Manly winger’s demolition job went viral on social media in the US.
First he smashed Cameron Munster, now Manly’s Jorge Taufua has taken down NBA legend Kobe Bryant.

The Sea Eagles winger’s ferocious hit on Munster during Melbourne’s win over Manly on Saturday night has gone global and by Tuesday evening had been watched by a staggering two million people.

The tackle was initially posted on the NRL’s Instagram page before being shared by the New York-based social media site House of Highlights, which has a whopping 14 million followers.

More than 1.4 million followers viewed Taufua’s hit within the first three hours of it being posted on House of Highlights.

The House of Highlights posted a clip of Bryant an hour between the Taufua video appeared — but the Manly winger had 150,000 more views.
NBA star Bradley Beal commented “Noooooo” on the video, with Munster replying: “That moment I realised I f---- up.”

The tackle attracted another 40,000 hits on House of Highlights’ Twitter page. It was tagged “Laid him out’’.
Most comments praised the unbelievable toughness and raw power of Taufua and rugby league.

Simondavis21 posted: “Post more NRL hits!”

Haroon K said: “American sports have way too much protection. I wanna see NFL football without helmets, pads and stuff.”

Taufua said he enjoyed the hit.

“The crowd was roaring, they were going crazy,” Taufua said.

“I feel it can pick up our team. I hope it can change the game.

“I was trying to keep cool. It’s good to have that defensive mentality — I just go off instinct. I just did my best and gave it my all.

“As he played the ball, I kind of tapped his head and said: ‘Are you good?’ He said: “Yeah man, I’m sweet’.

“I’m not a grubby player after those kinds of hits. I am always wary about the welfare of the player. Some come up and shake my hand and say: ‘You got me, man’. There is a lot of mutual respect out there.

“It’s good to be that solid defender on the wing. If I can pull it off, I hope he (Manly coach Des Hasler) is happy.”

Taufua will line up again for Manly in Friday night’s huge match against Parramatta where he mark another giant winger, Eels star Blake Ferguson.

“He has done it all — he is very rangy and very solid,” Taufua said. “Hopefully my shoulders come hold up this week. Maybe I’ll just tell (Brad) Parker to go get him.

“Parramatta has some good strike wingers and we are definitely up for that challenge.”
db7f9a89661db3488d903dba31534111
db7f9a89661db3488d903dba31534111

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4