John Bonasera

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the head if your department lets you down then the buck stops with you. If you blame another department of division you will risk egg on your face. Des said what he said at the presser he said it, Des now looks a goose for saying it! The under resource section by his 2ic is BS…. If I screwed up like he did I would use the same excuse! He responded to the email , he engaged his brain, he said it was ok to implement the pride jersey …. Why did he press ‘send’ before asking Des a 5 second question whether it was ok to approve or not …. If Des is a workaholic and all over everything why didn’t he forward the email to Des …. Not hard or overwhelming stuff…. Also why didn’t he cc Des in on the email response?

In hindsight if management did speak about the pride jersey fiasco… they could only have said something like … we sent it to Des’s department .. they approved it … so we implemented it …. If you need to speak to anyone about it you need to contact Des’
Scotty is that you?

Bona's a top bloke. He freely admits he misread the room and "dropped the ball" on this one. He is not the problem here.

Who will be directing the players come first week of pre season ?
and I was just reading about the hard work Schu and others were doing at the moment to get fit for pre season training with Don looking after them. Who will do that now?

and I was just reading about the hard work Schu and others were doing at the moment to get fit for pre season training with Don looking after them. Who will do that now?

Bit late Donny, easiest money he's ever learnt this year with our fitness being non-existent.

Bona's a top bloke. He freely admits he misread the room and "dropped the ball" on this one. He is not the problem here.
Yep and because he's a "top bloke", he should do the right thing and fall on his sword. As the head of football he should resign from his position. "Dropping the ball on this one" cost the coach his job, and completely fractured the club. To me its untenable that he remains in this role next season.

Dropped the ball?

It was a Neville Glover dropped ball Cost the club and Des big time

Cannot understand why the jersey wasn't discussed with the coach and players?

Also having the pride jersey on the same weekend as the women of league round is highly disrespectful to women in league
'
Should never have happened the way it did

From how it reads it was a mistake primarily caused by a lack of on the ground leadership (mainly the revolving door of CEO's in the place which created a clear leadership void)

If someone who works for me makes a mistake the first thing is I look at the structures in place to see if the business has failed to set up the right environment for the person to suceed.

Based on only opinion, as there has been little in the public to help, this still seems to be due to a lack of governance in place at the club.

Finally whilst there might be discussions about club culture I would always stand up for a staff member who recognises a mistake and then takes steps to ensure it does not happen again.

From how it reads it was a mistake primarily caused by a lack of on the ground leadership (mainly the revolving door of CEO's in the place which created a clear leadership void)

If someone who works for me makes a mistake the first thing is I look at the structures in place to see if the business has failed to set up the right environment for the person to suceed.

Based on only opinion, as there has been little in the public to help, this still seems to be due to a lack of governance in place at the club.

Finally whilst there might be discussions about club culture I would always stand up for a staff member who recognises a mistake and then takes steps to ensure it does not happen again.

Pretty standard what you are describing there @lsz in terms of contemporary corporate culture for middle management positions. I also see that most errors of omission at that level, exacerbated by a lack of governance, would fall into the process that you have defined.

Bonasera's role, and the gravity of the mistake(s), in combination with the consequences that have resulted i.e coach gone, club fractured, should have resulted in his immediate termination by the board, or preferably his resignation prior to termination.
I still expect that to happen once some of the immediate instability resolves.

Pretty standard what you are describing there @lsz in terms of contemporary corporate culture for middle management positions. I also see that most errors of omission at that level, exacerbated by a lack of governance, would fall into the process that you have defined.

Bonasera's role, and the gravity of the mistake(s), in combination with the consequences that have resulted i.e coach gone, club fractured, should have resulted in his immediate termination by the board, or preferably his resignation prior to termination.
I still expect that to happen once some of the immediate instability resolves.
It is a tough one

I have had someone in my team make a 250k mistake for which I had to speak to the board at a Woolworths board meeting about - we did not fire them as it was a process issue.

As with many things on here we are making assumptions without knowing many if any details.

Was it part of his JD to make those calls? Was there a process to be followed?

Maybe some of the playing group were not fully aware of the jersey arrangement for that particular round but at least to me still beggars belief that Des or those personal around training the squad did not have some knowledge or reports on the matter . Not too sure of the time sequence but how could the prior appearance of 4 squad members at a relatively well publicized media jersey promotional event not be noticed . Not a good look by Bonasera if he did not directly pass the details of that official e - mail notification on but not the reason for the resultant coaching instability saga. That was influenced by much more then some purported undisclosed e - mail

Maybe some of the playing group were not fully aware of the jersey arrangement for that particular round but at least to me still beggars belief that Des or those personal around training the squad did not have some knowledge or reports on the matter . Not too sure of the time sequence but how could the prior appearance of 4 squad members at a relatively well publicized media jersey promotional event not be noticed . Not a good look by Bonasera if he did not directly pass the details of that official e - mail notification on but not the reason for the resultant coaching instability saga. That was influenced by much more then some purported undisclosed e - mail
Yes, that whole photo shoot thing just doesn't sit right. I just find it implausible that there wasn't chatter amongst the group about how they had done the shoot, the look of the jumper or what it was for. But then, maybe they really DON'T like each other much and so don't talk. But anyway ........

You sound like …. A leader! How novel!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4