John Bonasera

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That email was bull**** ..... That fella is taking a bullet for Dessie.

Regardless, the buck stopped with Dessie anyway, isn't he that dudes boss?
!00%, it's irrelevent if Des knew or not, it was his department and it should have been his job to know.
I didn't want to see him go, and I hope he get's a payout as per his contract, but for him to try and chase for earnings lost for the 2024 season pi$$es me off, the team was on a downhill slide after losing that game against the Dragons, in reality we were at best of a remote chance for 8th or 7th spot, no way 6th or better.
Des was on the nose as far as coaching was concerned after being sacked from the Dogs, he was the one who approached Penn after Barrett left and basically received another five years employment as a coach, he should be thankful for that, rather than trying to sue for a supposed contract for 2024.

In the email, Bonasera says: “It was always painted as ‘Everyone in League’ to me. I genuinely don’t even remember this email.

“I should have engaged other people in the conversation from football before letting it go to production. We have worn several other one-off jerseys in recent weeks. I missed this as significant.

“I knew I would miss something one day [in fact I told you that I would] as I have been putting one foot in front of the other for quite a while – not thinking just doing and it’s my job to think and mitigate circumstances such as this in advance.

“I apologise for putting us in this position and understand the potential ramifications. Thanks for always supporting me.”

....How has he not been sacked? On top of approving the jersey for the club to wear he then verbatim admits that he doesn't think and that he knew he would make a serious error.

How is his position in the club now not completely untenable?
Absolutely should be gone. And yet the antI-Des brigade are still trying to put it all on Des.
FMD.

Absolutely should be gone. And yet the antI-Des brigade are still trying to put it all on Des.
FMD.
I think the point is that Des blamed the pride affair on management and marketing …. Whereas he should have blamed the incompetence on his own department! The wrong people have been humiliated by Des! People on here were also wrongly blaming the new CEO who wasn’t even appointed at the time.
Just sayin’

So just like Toovey you mean..

Oh i forgot "its a results driven business" as they said in July 2015 when announcing Barrett as coach for 2016. Now just a bit more detailed look at Tooveys results to that point.

2012 4th - beaten in GF Qualifier
2013 4th - beaten by Chooks in GF
2014 2nd - beaten by Dogs by a point to go into GF qualifier.

Why do I keep dragging up the past????
Sacking Toovey over the "results driven business" line was all politic's with no substance. This was the 1st instance under Penn where politics ousted a very good coach upto that point over Toovey supporting the Quantum side of the club's former ownership structure. We have seen the downward spiral and the politics at this club from that point which will keep the club battling the bottom 7 of the ladder until the Penn's sell up and go.

Or he has photos of Penn and the goat

Seriously everyone should be concerned about next year

Coach hasn't been appointed yet If Seibold he won't be here until late November at the earliest

No word on assistant coaches or strength and conditioning staff We will be behind the other teams right from the start

More players leaving than signed for next year No time for the new coach to work on recruitment for 2023

The magnificent 7 still haven't publicly explained their actions or confirmed that the divide between the players has been resolved Can the divide in the players ever be overcome?
Agree with your point and another reason that the incompetent Penn needs to go knowing that the team is behind the 8 ball next season over his decisions.

Yes, but he was already signed for another year, why add 2 or 3 more to that? He’s almost 34. I’m a Dce fan, but the extra years are absurd.
Haven't seen where it says how much DCE is getting for the two year extension. If it is more than $500K I would be asking why.

This is unbelievably putrid administration! The dysfunctional communication has caused this issue and made the task for Des impossible! Heads should roll after this!

Come on Penn, get our act together. The club might be a plaything for you but for thousands of us its a love that will never die.

We are all fed up with your administrations total incompetence!

Don’t understand how Des can apparently still make a claim that he was not informed about the jersey when clearly it has come down to human error within his own department. I don’t see how he can make the club accountable for this and ask for compensation whether it can be proven the that the pride jersey impacted our season or not..
Ummm because Bonasera didn’t inform him! Isn’t it obvious lololol…..

I think the point is that Des blamed the pride affair on management and marketing …. Whereas he should have blamed the incompetence on his own department! The wrong people have been humiliated by Des! People on here were also wrongly blaming the new CEO who wasn’t even appointed at the time.
Just sayin’
I don’t see it like that at all. Firstly Des should never have been the one to front the media. That had to be someone from management. He got that email from his 2IC on the day of the speech. The speech was already written for him by Dirk Melton. Even though his 2ic let him down, it’s pretty obvious in the email that he was and had been under the pump, and under resourced. Which all comes back to Penn the tight arse. It should never have been left up to Des. He was made the scapegoat. Two all time Manly legends, Des and Tooves, stabbed in the back by Penn.

Last edited:
Ummm because Bonasera didn’t inform him! Isn’t it obvious lololol…..
No it’s not at all. How is that that the club’s responsibility? The club has effectively communicated to the football department. What has the club done wrong and more importantly why should they pay Des compensation for this? This is the point I am making. To think the club is somehow responsible because one of Dessies staff members chooses not to pass on information which has been communicated through the the appropriate channels is just plain dumb. Gee the staff member has even apologised..

Last edited:
I don’t see it like that at all. Firstly Des should never have been the one to front the media. That had to be someone from management. He got that email from his 2IC on the day of the speech. The speech was already written for him by Dirk Melton. Even though his 2ic let him down, it’s pretty obvious in the email that he was and had been under the pump, and under resourced. Which all comes back to Penn the tight arse. It should never have been left up to Des. He was made the scapegoat. Two all time Manly legends, Des and Tooves, stabbed in the back by Penn.
If the head if your department lets you down then the buck stops with you. If you blame another department of division you will risk egg on your face. Des said what he said at the presser he said it, Des now looks a goose for saying it! The under resource section by his 2ic is BS…. If I screwed up like he did I would use the same excuse! He responded to the email , he engaged his brain, he said it was ok to implement the pride jersey …. Why did he press ‘send’ before asking Des a 5 second question whether it was ok to approve or not …. If Des is a workaholic and all over everything why didn’t he forward the email to Des …. Not hard or overwhelming stuff…. Also why didn’t he cc Des in on the email response?

In hindsight if management did speak about the pride jersey fiasco… they could only have said something like … we sent it to Des’s department .. they approved it … so we implemented it …. If you need to speak to anyone about it you need to contact Des’

Be careful .If DCE see,s that we are talking about him, he might ask for a release and go to the Dolphins.. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Oh no????

Lying The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10