[Resurrected] Jason ferris v cherry evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Haha i know what happened. you meant JP Cherry not Cherry Evans, Right?
Hahah. Nah James is a good fella but he has been hating on Daly since he backflipped and signed for big money in 2015. Classic case of salary envy

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bumping this thread is a piss-take right? Show a little respect for a Manly Legend.

DCE is the least of our issues.
Maybe it was, istartedit but didnt bump it . I would have bumped a few of my other favourites , maybe even halfback for dummies

can i ask , you dont think game management, our poor kick chase which is about communication, taking the ball to the line or on field leadership is part if manlys problem or not part of dalys role.

That and defence seems to be the 2 biggies. The defence seems to be improving somewhat but none of that other stuff has moved the dial

Apart from maybe 3 months of footy our last 5 years, possibly more has been a very mediocre acceptance of a fancy 12th and that we have a roster capable of being up there.

Surely we are going off results and not potential

This thread was started after we kept getting run down with leads , sound familiar. At that stage we had afb and marty up front, api and manase at hooker, lane and thompson and jakey back row.

The more things change the more they stay the same but hey here comes another 12 th , hopefully

Q do you think manlys results and style are based on the leaders style and game or did we just simply break a mirror

What do you see as our biggest issues

MW66

Reserve Grader
I think it comes down to coaching, structures and the game plan. DCE has no problem performing the roles you outline above at SOO. Non-Manly supporters, media personalities, former players speak highly of DCE as a half back and on balance he is rated the No.2 halfback behind Cleary.

In addition there have been countless games where DCE's effort plays far outweigh his Manly team-mates over many years. I too get frustrated with game management from time to time however again I see that linked to a very attacking game plan.

We COULD have won potentially all of our last 3 games. The main take away has been our very poor outside back defence (and again that has to be coaching). And while I bemoan our inability to protect a big lead, 12-16 points ahead in the modern game is no longer insurmountable due to the 10M, six again rules.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think it comes down to coaching, structures and the game plan. DCE has no problem performing the roles you outline above at SOO. Non-Manly supporters, media personalities, former players speak highly of DCE as a half back and on balance he is rated the No.2 halfback behind Cleary.

In addition there have been countless games where DCE's effort plays far outweigh his Manly team-mates over many years. I too get frustrated with game management from time to time however again I see that linked to a very attacking game plan.

We COULD have won potentially all of our last 3 games. The main take away has been our very poor outside back defence (and again that has to be coaching). And while I bemoan our inability to protect a big lead, 12-16 points ahead in the modern game is no longer insurmountable due to the 10M, six again rules.
Good post. Our backs defence struggles for sure , and halves that shoot out of the line dont help that one bit, lack of possession and fatigue all contribute to the defence, and some of that is linked to management, as well as ruck domination etc

We have had the same structural issues with a number of coaches. When is it not the coaches. I think the biggest issue is our coaches have let accountability slip due to huge personalities

No doubt dce contributes with effort plays . He is a very good athlete, a competitor but he is a half and not a back rower. Do we look for a backrower who game manages but is a bit lazy in defence to counter

Aaah qld. Firstly i think his contributions are over stated and while he distributes the ball he rarely manages the game. In fact he sits back and lets, grant, munster and hunt run the show, and while no one is watching him he can get a few decent plays in. But does that make him fit for purpose to run a club side without a 8 million dollar spine, history and results suggest no

This type of game is how he burst on the scene at manly, surrounded by foran , the stewies and jamie he was able to just pass until the tide had turned and chip in. He is no main man

Dce tries bloody hard except rarely tries to adapt his game to suit the side. As a captain and half, that alone is pretty self centred IMO. Are we to believe that manly coaches ask him to shelve management

We can not press for top 4 while he handles the ball as much as he does, too much sideways or brain snaps. He wastes good work, ball and field positionlike he never earnt it , but funnily enough not for qld ……huh. And thats supposed to make manly fans feel better.

When he was an origin hopeful we used to get a few good games leading into selection
Now he is a mainstay we seem to get a lot of self preservation leading into selection Pretty widely accepted. How does that constitute manly legend

He is a freak, backs up all day but he is an assistant at best , and thats why he shines for qld. His role is diluted more than a club side can maintain

Anyways good chat

MW66

Reserve Grader
Very thoughtful response jbb/james. I guess what raised my "ire" was comparing him to Jason Ferris. Apart from Cleary and Cronk (and I may forgotten a few) I can't think of another half back that would have served us better during his time at Manly. And don't forget if Manly didn't dick him around when they prioritised Foran over DCE we would have got him form a lot cheaper in the early days. Imagine if Turbo remained injury free. We may have a very different perspective of our results.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Very thoughtful response jbb/james. I guess what raised my "ire" was comparing him to Jason Ferris. Apart from Cleary and Cronk (and I may forgotten a few) I can't think of another half back that would have served us better during his time at Manly. And don't forget if Manly didn't dick him around when they prioritised Foran over DCE we would have got him form a lot cheaper in the early days. Imagine if Turbo remained injury free. We may have a very different perspective of our results.
Nothing wrong with a bit of ire when you communicate with good footy talk. We all bristle, and its never only one thing

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Maybe it was, istartedit but didnt bump it . I would have bumped a few of my other favourites , maybe even halfback for dummies

can i ask , you dont think game management, our poor kick chase which is about communication, taking the ball to the line or on field leadership is part if manlys problem or not part of dalys role.

That and defence seems to be the 2 biggies. The defence seems to be improving somewhat but none of that other stuff has moved the dial

Apart from maybe 3 months of footy our last 5 years, possibly more has been a very mediocre acceptance of a fancy 12th and that we have a roster capable of being up there.

Surely we are going off results and not potential

This thread was started after we kept getting run down with leads , sound familiar. At that stage we had afb and marty up front, api and manase at hooker, lane and thompson and jakey back row.

The more things change the more they stay the same but hey here comes another 12 th , hopefully

Q do you think manlys results and style are based on the leaders style and game or did we just simply break a mirror

What do you see as our biggest issues
Hey James hope you're well mate. Watch Daly when he has a proper coach and leads qld. He's not our problem.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16