Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i wonder if Lyon is at home reading this post, soaking in all the attn. :)

Killer is a legend, and his commitment to manly is unmatched.

This is rumour is very likely to be rubbish, I think I would cry if it were true. :(

Jamie would only go there for purely financial reasons ie 3 year large contract. It will be his last so good luck to him if he gets it. It will deservedly set him up after a few years of nothing with country footy etc.
I think fans get caught up in them "loving" Manly and full on loyalty etc. It's a job like all of us, money drives our employment. Good place to play but that's about it.

My mail is that they are talking to Ashley Alberts and Karl Johnson as a package deal.

A beat up for sure , as if Killer would be any clubs second choice in poaching is proof enough this is baseless . Willie Tonga is the target .

Ryan said:
Club sent me an e-mail guys, and expressly told me Jamie Lyon ain't going anywhere. Thank Christ.

Check the email sender Ryan. Could be D Hasler. :p
Let Lyon go he's overrated anyway and I'm sure the Titans can bring out the best in him rather than Manly.:s:s

Craig Field is being released from prison to the custody of some relative on the GC. Titans fans just get excited and run their mouths off at any chance their team is going to get better. Then again he probably would make their team better.

I suppose this was bound to happen. It's been a quiet off season media wise. Might have another holiday from this place.

manlyfan76 said:
Craig Field is being released from prison to the custody of some relative on the GC. Titans fans just get excited and run their mouths off at any chance their team is going to get better. Then again he probably would make their team better.

Nah, I reckon Field is headed to the Eels to replace Sandow:

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/whats-the-buzz-ex-nrl-bad-boy-craig-field-living-in-sydney-after-being-released-on-bail/story-e6frfkp9-1226545151952

You could be right Madmarcus. There must have been a news item spreading around that 'Killer' was signing with the Coast. What they should have said was a 'Murderer (alleged)' was signing with them.

Look as far as I'm concerned Lyon has served Manly marvellously over the past many years and has been the heart and soul of the team after Menzies left. In fact I count him in my best ever Manly starting line-up as a centre partnering Fulton.

He has given us great service and as with Fulton when he went to Easts, f he is choosing for financial reasons to spend his final years on the Coast, good luck to him and thanks for such great memories. Of course naturally I hope the rumour is just paper talk 'cause I dont think we would be able to effectively replace him...at least in the short term and maybe never.

I'm onto this now. I think the titans might be after my Dad. He's a Manly legend as far as I'm concerned as he introduced me to supporting them. He's ex-service so he comes equipped with leadership skills and he's prettty fast on his feet when he uses his walking frame. The family are convincing him to stick with Manly though.

Maybe they'll offer him a lifetime membership to twin towns services club.

Then your Dad may waver!

The fact that Danny "The Worm" Weirdler knows nothing about it would suggest that there maybe an element of truth to it. I'm worried now ;)

globaleagle said:
Maybe they'll offer him a lifetime membership to twin towns services club.

Then your Dad may waver!

The old boy can't have beer these days. He's on blood thinners. It's my duty as a good daughter to drink the beer for him. And we're both sticking with Manly.

It would have to be one of the cowboys centres. They are desperate to retain thurston & matt scott so cutting loose tate or linnett makes sense.

The titans guy mentioned talent coming to them. If it were jamie, he would've said legend!

Lyon is as happy as a pig in sh*t at Manly & unless there was a really strong family reason it wont happen.
When he left the Eels there was far more than just jumping ship like SBW, this man has strong values & chose not to beat up his former club with those facts & unfairly copped the bad guy card.
Unlike many modern day NRL players Lyons main motivation is loyalty & being content outweighing the dollar size of contract.
Like anyone in business the length of his contract being 3 years instead of 1 shows faith he so much deserves & has definately earned.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2