Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
Let go "recently"....i guess my definition of that is different from yours.

Some of those guys were 10 years ago.

And if you are worried about Brian Kelly and Shaun Lane then you need to re-assess things.

I'm not defending the club. I will be critical when I see something i don't think is right. My comment referred to Alec T and Villiam Fifita, Kaeo Weekes, Albert Hopoate and the Fainu brothers etc and the only one out of them I genuinely think we will regret is Sam Fainu. Latu perhaps as well, but it is too early to call.
Yeah, but the club can do absolutely no wrong to you.

For the record - Brian Kelly is streets ahead of Garrick in the centres. Lane is FAR better than Burbo and Jake (as a backrower). If you don't think so, then I don't know what to say. Also as Weekes improves and gets better, all I'm seeing from Brooks is regression from his first few games.

Rocky

Bencher

For the record - Brian Kelly is streets ahead of Garrick in the centres. Lane is FAR better than Burbo and Jake (as a backrower). If you don't think so, then I don't know what to say. Also as Weekes improves and gets better, all I'm seeing from Brooks is regression from his first few games.
And who is better Brian Kelly or Tommy Talau? Hint one of them was a Manly recruit this last year.

Clubs get recruitment right and wrong at times. We could go on all day with examples.

Dude I'm as disappointed as anyone with the club being mediocre. Saying the club can do no wrong to me is outright wrong. I enjoy your passion for the club but not sure why you want to resort to saying stuff about me that isn't accurate.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

No centre has missed more tackles in 2024 than Brian Kelly. He has 46.

I'd probaly have him slightly shading Garrick atm but Kelly has many more years 1st grade experience in the centres....its extremely close IMO

Lane I've never really rated, even back to when he was here. He's had the odd purple patch but all in all has been pretty crap.

This year he has beer so poor he lost his starting place to Kelma Tuilagi....let that sink in.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

I think Lane was but parra have moved him into the middle as he was struggling out wide

The thing with Jamie is that we all had a little hope that there might b spark that moves this club forward, a gamble but one worth taking especially in a game which we were probably going to lose anyway.

Ryan

Journey Man
And who is better Brian Kelly or Tommy Talau? Hint one of them was a Manly recruit this last year.

Clubs get recruitment right and wrong at times. We could go on all day with examples.

Dude I'm as disappointed as anyone with the club being mediocre. Saying the club can do no wrong to me is outright wrong. I enjoy your passion for the club but not sure why you want to resort to saying stuff about me that isn't accurate.
Well I just disagree with that. Brian Kelly is a great little player, and Des letting him walk without compensation was a disaster (I get he probably wanted to go - but why? Let's address that).

XV-1

First Grader
Well I just disagree with that. Brian Kelly is a great little player, and Des letting him walk without compensation was a disaster (I get he probably wanted to go - but why? Let's address that).

Sorry Ryan but your memory must be fading.
Kelly drops the ball at the most inopportune times and makes so many dumb mistakes.
Still does.

Glad we let him go back home.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Gone to the Vermin
can we not keep one "junior" we have nurtured .I don't know if he will be a good 1sr grader (i suspect so ) but it just gives me the hits that we seem to just let them float off ,and now the team that I most despise with that wiley old c%$# has just stolen him from under our nose.
like what are you doing Seibold ??
Please Explain
1719376466582.png

Pete W

Bencher
can we not keep one "junior" we have nurtured .I don't know if he will be a good 1sr grader (i suspect so ) but it just gives me the hits that we seem to just let them float off ,and now the team that I most despise with that wiley old c%$# has just stolen him from under our nose.
like what are you doing Seibold ??
Please Explain View attachment 27432
Jake, Tom, Ben, Tolu, possibly Gordie, and half a Schu

Our coach cannot see past any player who is not managed by Moses

I would back Bennett's judgement of a player over our rubbish coach any day

Humphries will be another player we let go who will come back to haunt us

Simpkins is bog average and is not the answer as a hooker

The sooner we get rid of Seibold the better we will be
Seems we are determined to rid the club of any emerging talent. At least the 1st grade are comfortable knowing there is zero chance anyone will ever be dropped

Ohgeez

100%. You could literally make examples for every single team in the comp that has lost players & have played well elsewhere. It’s apart of the game.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It
It was my understanding at the time that he left coz he was too far from family. And he's with Des now so that would be ironic if Des let him go as opposed to Kelly wanting to go. And I also thought Hynes was a troubled kid and that was the main reason he left. And AFB also supposedly left for either gang reasons or family reasons, depending on what rumour/journo you read at the time. The club has made questionable decisions but it seems a bit harsh to hold them responsible for all of them.

Sea Eagle 4 Life

Reserve Grader
Sorry, I dont agree. Kelly has no pace & is a mediocre defender. I still remember the day when we played the Eels, Kelly took an intercept, had a 15 metre head start on Sivo & was run down in 30 metres. Garrick is better for mine.

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader
The Rabbitohs have reportedly lured promising utility Jamie Humphreys from the Sea Eagles in what is one of incoming coach Wayne Bennett’s first moves.

Following the news that Dolphins back rower Euan Aitken is set to follow Bennett to the Bunnies, and Souths letting star hooker Damien Cook walk to link up with the Dragons from next season, the Rabbitohs have an eye to the future with the pick up of Humphreys.

The 22-year-old, who can play halfback and hooker, is Manly’s reigning Jersey Flegg player of the year and even though he’s enjoyed a strong season in NSW Cup, the Sea Eagles are willing to let him sign with a rival club according to WWOS.

IMG_7603.png

The Who

Journey Man
The above report states that Manly was willing to let Humphreys leave.
I hope our retention committee knows more than the experts on Silvertails.
Perhaps DCE is planning to play until he reaches Cliffy's retirement age.

47MVEagle

Bencher

Lane? It took him how many years & 3 clubs before he started showing any form & you’re comparing him to second year rookie Burbo?!?

47MVEagle

Bencher
You constantly present stats to back up your claims but as soon as someone presents stats that disprove your claim suddenly it’s all about the “feels” & you change the subject? 😂

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17