Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
If Humphreys’ defence is the reason he wasn’t picked then Seibold is a hypocrite for picking Garrick in the centres every week

Our regular halfback is not a great defender either
Agree totally. Lack of defense doesn't seem to stand in the way of DCE , Garrick and Saab getting picked. Plus you actually have to score points to win a game or does Seibold not realise this fact. Rediculous decision not to play a halfback.

double hoops

First Grader
The weirdest part for me is Seibold clearly avoided mentioning him in the presser. “There was literally no one else” he said and reeled off a bunch of names of the guys that were unavailable, but never mentioned Jamie. Even though Jamie was named in the squad this week and played in the halves in NSW Cup!

The whole thing is strange and annoying that he didn’t address it.
Yep. So odd. I'd even go a step further. And suggest that was absolutely deliberate from Seibold.

There can be no offence to anyone as I'll name our options and leave out the one half I named in this week's extended squad.

It's smells. It smell of when the Shoe was publically castigated by coach and captain last year.

I certainly don't know the issues of why Seibold would do this.

But I think it's really poor form.

Is that what the roosters have done the last couple of weeks with Smith? Absolutely.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it was the coach personally throwing those daggers at Smith the last couple of weeks.

Clubs only resort to kind of public condemnation as a frustrated last resort.

What's the worst case scenario with JH? The kid just gave the coach a spray for not being selected this week? And the coach is trying to put him back in his place?

I'm struggling. I,m struggling to find a scenario where Seibolds not out of line here.

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
I have no idea why he wasn't selected,I know he is a left footer and mainly plays on the left,maybe(?)that had something to do with it?
Talau was a half as a junior,but probably asking a lot for him to play there after so long as centre/wing.
As to DCE succession plans...I think Bunting or Arthur are probably the guys on that right side for now.
Dowell in Ball and particularly local jr Davies in Matthews are further down the track.
Davies is one to watch,solid build,takes on the line and quick,good vision and passing game,good defense and kicking game,he is a serious prospect.Alexander plays more on the left but Davies has probably outshone him this year.
For me ,I would have had Humphreys at 7 and Talau at centre with Vaega on the wing,but that is just my two cents worth.
I love you Joe. This stuff adds so much mate.

Ryan

Journey Man
So far this year Seibold has shown Schu the door, dropped Paulo and promoted Talau on form, given NRL debuts to 2 blokes who started the year in S G Ball, signed a new dummy half ... all these moves were good moves (in fact no-one here had been calling for Lehi's selection but he went so well he's suddenly hailed our permanent fullback if not new messiah!)
Based on all that I think it's silly to suggest Seibold is a clueless idiot for failing to pick Humphreys, he obviously would have considered it.

All these moves were good moves? You realise we've won less than half our games right..when you consider our decent start to the season, we are actually trending south, losing 5 of our last 7 games.

It's a team sport, and the teams currently in the mud.

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
I'll go left field here. If he didn't want Humphries in the side, then why not go Koula FB, Schouppe centre and Hoppa half?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
All these moves were good moves? You realise we've won less than half our games right..when you consider our decent start to the season, we are actually trending south, losing 5 of our last 7 games.

It's a team sport, and the teams currently in the mud.
Currrently not in the 8, but were last week after a hard-fought win.
If the side bombs from here then maybe the Seibold knockers will be shown to be on the money, but I haven't written them (or him) off just yet.
Manly's season is delicately poised, that's certainly true, but I think the side has built a reasonable foundation so a strong finish to the year wouldn't shock me.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I say this with the benefit of hindsight but one thing Humphreys has that we could've used last night is the will to take risks. That may have been why Seibs overlooked him but as it turned out constantly taking the safe option ended up costing us any chance of pulling off an upset.

MANLY4LIFE

Bencher
No logic to that theory, he picks Lawton who is going to Cows next year.
Logic 1 . is you have dce retiring he was possibly seen as our future and good halves are scarce

Logic 2 :we developed him and gave him his opportunity and this is how he returns the favour

Logic 3 : we already had lost schuster who was the next “big thing”

Lawtons position and loss can be covered hes injury prone and much older then humphries

Lets compare apples with apples..

Nordburg

First Grader
I say this with the benefit of hindsight but one thing Humphreys has that we could've used last night is the will to take risks. That may have been why Seibs overlooked him but as it turned out constantly taking the safe option ended up costing us any chance of pulling off an upset.
I’d suggest it had nothing to do with not taking any risks.This was a game,in the words of Seibold himself,that was a metaphorical throw at the stumps.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18