James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roberts is an excitement machine and, for me, much more Manly-worthy than that Rabbit we are apparently chasing.
However, I fear Roberts will go to one of the glamour clubs with those rubber caps, such as Easts.

Let's be honest, we are one of the glamour clubs! Haha.

Personally I'd prefer James Roberts to Dylan Walker, but as people have mentioned Roberts has off field issues - but I suppose you could say the same for Dylan Walker

I'd love to see Roberts at Manly, he's been a favourite since his days at the Bunnies and I'd prefer him over the other one we are chasing.
Big call.. but I think he's more gifted than the Walker and despite his Test Caps, I think Roberts will play Origin first! :crystalball::speaknoevil:
edit: I also think a season or two under the guidance of Mattai and Lyon would do wonders for his career.

I'd love to see Roberts at Manly, he's been a favourite since his days at the Bunnies and I'd prefer him over the other one we are chasing.
Big call.. but I think he's more gifted than the Walker and despite his Test Caps, I think Roberts will play Origin first! :crystalball::speaknoevil:
edit: I also think a season or two under the guidance of Mattai and Lyon would do wonders for his career.
I'm of a different opinion regarding Roberts. Talented but a risk not worth taking for me.

We don't need to rush this. We have two world class centres for next season and can wait for Whare to come off contract after next season.

I rate Whare as at least an equal in player terms to those off contract now and certainly more like the type of person I'd prefer to be associated with Manly.

Finally, one thing I think we might be missing though is Walker can and probably will play 5/8 for us...at least for the first season.

If only Roberts on the marker before we signed Walker. I think Roberts is an excitement machine and imo would of liked to see him 5/8th with the explosive speed and footwork.

But Roberts is going to cost a club a heap of money to get his signature. He's in a position where nearly every club want him and he can name his price.

I'm of a different opinion regarding Roberts. Talented but a risk not worth taking for me.

We don't need to rush this. We have two world class centres for next season and can wait for Whare to come off contract after next season.

I rate Whare as at least an equal in player terms to those off contract now and certainly more like the type of person I'd prefer to be associated with Manly.

Finally, one thing I think we might be missing though is Walker can and probably will play 5/8 for us...at least for the first season.

I certainly agree that Whare's character would fit the 'Manly mould' better than the other two and he has proven himself with the club before. However I believe 'nice guy' sentiments aside, that Roberts and Walker have more potential to develop in their young careers.
I really hope it doesn't come across as putting Whare down but I think Roberts and Walker would finish up with more NZ Test Caps than Whare if they were Kiwi and that was currently giving Whare the edge to influence current opinion of them.
I can also value the point that its currently just offseason talk and that we still have the two best centres in the game. With that said, I'm motivated to play along with the notion that Baz is happy for Lyon to play a season or two in the halves if it means shoring up a boom centre to guide in to the backline before Mattai retires too.
Therefore I'd rather the guy that has the most size, speed and strength.
This way we can also monitor potential halves for the next 1-2 seasons to accompany DCE with someone more destined for a 6 jumper than Walker and Roberts would have had a season or two with Lyon and Mattai at the club before we have to replace the other centre aswell.

Let's be honest, we are one of the glamour clubs! Haha.

Personally I'd prefer James Roberts to Dylan Walker, but as people have mentioned Roberts has off field issues - but I suppose you could say the same for Dylan Walker
Walker has represented Australia 4 times . I prefer Walker

I think Dylan Walker is a much more rounded footballer than Roberts. James is explosive and can pull a rabbit out of a hat, but he is an opportunist; a flash in the pan type. I like him but he is the centre equivalent of Blake Austin; they have their moments of excitement, but too many lapses.

With that said, I'm motivated to play along with the notion that Baz is happy for Lyon to play a season or two in the halves if it means shoring up a boom centre to guide in to the backline before Mattai retires too.
Therefore I'd rather the guy that has the most size, speed and strength.
This way we can also monitor potential halves for the next 1-2 seasons to accompany DCE with someone more destined for a 6 jumper than Walker and Roberts would have had a season or two with Lyon and Mattai at the club before we have to replace the other centre aswell.

Lyon WILL be our 5/8th next season.

Lock it in.

If he ends up at Souths, which is the club being thrown around most at the moment, that would be hugely suss given their current situation with Burgess.
A'vua is unsigned still.

But I thought this guy was sacked by them for contrary conduct :rolleyes:
Anyone with Mundine as a mentor is high maintenance for most Clubs @:cool:

Gus Gould seems to have a bit of mail on Twitter as to where Roberts will end up and the only club he's been asked about, which he hasn't ruled out is the Rabbitohs, although I doubt they could sign him given they are still trying to offload players.

I can't see him going to Souffs. They are still trying to figure out who else to offload just to have Sam Burgess fit under the salary cap. No way could they afford both.

And I find it funny that people who were on DCE's case 6 months ago for backflipping on the Titans are now starting to realise that he did the right thing staying at Manly rather than go to that shambles of a club.

All'a I know is that Roberts has something u can't really teach. Most likely the quickest man in league. Stick that on our wing in 16, perhaps move him into the centres in 17. A lot of half breaks become tries.

All'a I know is that Roberts has something u can't really teach. Most likely the quickest man in league. Stick that on our wing in 16, perhaps move him into the centres in 17. A lot of half breaks become tries.

Teach him to tackle first. Being able to run like the wind and score tries is one thing. Actually being able to stop the opposition scoring them is another.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2