James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Teach him to tackle first. Being able to run like the wind and score tries is one thing. Actually being able to stop the opposition scoring them is another.
I see raw talent but not a smart footballer...it's kinda ironic that Mundine is managing him because he was the same.

Ever since he left league for boxing just about the only player who's career didn't turn to mush after associating with Mundine (either through family or friendship) was SBW.

Ever since he left league for boxing just about the only player who's career didn't turn to mush after associating with Mundine (either through family or friendship) was SBW.

Fergo's doing better things on and off the field at the Roosters than he ever did at the Sharks or Raiders..

I dunno how long till I'm forced to retract that statement but, hopefully not before Origin 2016:praying:

Apparently the Donkeys and Souffs are the leading contenders for his signature (and not a forged one), though some Warriors fans on FB think he's a lock to head to Auckland......

I would love to know how Souffs would fit him under the salary cap when they are still trying to offload players just to get Sam Burgess back at the club.

Roberts is a good attacking footballer, but when we thrashed them in Rd.18 we made his defense look silly. I remember at one point he moved up quickly to mark Skivy and Snake just ran straight past him leaving him grasping at air in a run that led to a try for Jorge.

I feel Roberts is overrated, highlight reel player coming off a career year

Yep, good luck to him for taking the chance to cash in now, one very good season and he's talked about like he's the next Corowa. It's all good running like the wind but there aren't too many absolute flyers in the modern game ( post SL ) that have done it all.
Elsegood and Donald were about our quickest over the past 20 years but give me Robbo or Wolfie anyday, even Peta and Jorge have shown you don't need to be lightning to get over the stripe.

Same applies to the donkeys. How they could afford Roberts inside their cap with all there internationals and SOO stars beggers belief.

When Hiku is gone, Barrett almost needs to have a quality cheapie for the outsidebacks coming over from the riff Dosent he?

Tommy will start on the wing. But one injury and who is in?

Moltzen may get a run and could be great. But if we bought him to play inthe halves, Playing week in week out in the halves, and then just to be expected to jump up a level to NRL and score amazing tries they do to ground the ball these days and defend with different structures on the wing is a mighty ask.

If Moltzen plays fullback in the twos, do we even have another half? Have we kept Kurt Aldridge for instance?

Dam I think I am putting all my hope on Lavaka being a great find. He is an unknown.

If not, you pick who is up to A grade defensively because it is Goodall, Williame, or Green and chances are we will be seeing plenty of one of them in the NRL this year.

I don't like it.

Lets hope Bozo has an ace up his sleeve.

Can't we just fold the Titans already? Name me 1 thing a Gold Coast franchise has contributed to rugby league in the last 30 years?
Wally. If not for his last year's at the Seagulls, no one would remember him when he was a younger unknown.

The donkeys are more likely to get him and I am sure Bennett will make him a far better player. The money left over now that Hodges has retired will cover his salary coupled with the potential release of Copley and co.

I just love the idea of the eels chasing everybody and missing out or picking up the dregs, with the exception of Gutherson, who was released anyway, and dare I say it Foran

The donkeys are more likely to get him and I am sure Bennett will make him a far better player. The money left over now that Hodges has retired will cover his salary coupled with the potential release of Copley and co.

Roberts would probably blossom under Bennett. I may not be a big fan of Bennett's, but he can coach.

Clint Eastwood's body double is no fool either. If Roberts joins the Donkeys I dare say he might just learn how to tackle.

image.png
We don't need to sign James Roberts.;-) LOL.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8