Jakes Ball playing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do we use Jake as 1st receiver too often? Id like to see us use Chez and Walker linking up instead of ALWAYS using jake. It is so telegraphed and opposition know we use it and are shutting down our shifts before we get 2 passes wide. Dont get me wrong Jake is a great ball player and there is certainly time to use it but I just think we do it far too often and it is just too slow.

Do we use Jake as 1st receiver too often? Id like to see us use Chez and Walker linking up instead of ALWAYS using jake. It is so telegraphed and opposition know we use it and are shutting down our shifts before we get 2 passes wide. Dont get me wrong Jake is a great ball player and there is certainly time to use it but I just think we do it far too often and it is just too slow.

Yep,agree.
Chez is the experienced, elite halfback , that plays like the inexperienced sidekick.
He is supposed to be the player we build a team around, but essentialy we have to build a whole game around accomodating him and his special skills. He is too high maintenenece for me to be honest.

But faark me i heard them say on telly he has the best short kicking game in the game. Farking hoodwinked. At least 50 % hit legs and are nothing kicks. If rebound is a stat he is on top of that list
On here its an excuse athon,
Poor old cherry .
He needs better halves
He is let down my qld, the media,
He doesnt like captain
He needs another 5 kick options
But he is sooooo smart and talks soooo well
The list just goes on and on.
Anyways, that my opinion althought its not for the first time .

Yep,agree.
Chez is the experienced, elite halfback , that plays like the inexperienced sidekick.
He is supposed to be the player we build a team around, but essentialy we have to build a whole game around accomodating him and his special skills. He is too high maintenenece for me to be honest.

But faark me i heard them say on telly he has the best short kicking game in the game. Farking hoodwinked. At least 50 % hit legs and are nothing kicks. If rebound is a stat he is on top of that list
On here its an excuse athon,
Poor old cherry .
He needs better halves
He is let down my qld, the media,
He doesnt like captain
He needs another 5 kick options
But he is sooooo smart and talks soooo well
The list just goes on and on.
Anyways, that my opinion althought its not for the first time .
I’m hearing ya, and agree

Jake has displayed NO ball-playing ability this year.

Most of you don't want to hear this but...he is a tireless worker, full of spirit and heart and is ALL Manly, but he is on BIG money and without contributing his previously shown ball-playing abilities he is worth about 700k/ year. Sorry.

Unfortunately he is the only player that has not grown under Des and it is costing us about 250k .

Des needs to sort out his expensive use of Jake.

Hang on a miniute. What the **** is going on here in this thread? With utmost respect give yourselves some uppercuts please....
Jake is doing the job that his coach has given him and it's going pretty well considering we sit in 4th as of this very moment.
How memories fail us in just a year...
When Jake was ball playing we were fighting for the spoon. When DCE was first receiver we were fighting for spoons. When the old coaching regime was talking about dce being moulded into a Thurston role we were playing for spoons....
Let Jake do what Jake is doing thanks. If the best coach in the NRL wants something different I'm sure Jake will provide.
There was an article that dissected our current strengths on the edges and it was clear that letting DCE roam in behind Jake is letting us either go short to our edge backrowers or to Tommy round the back and when neither of that fancies dce can burn a few forwards across field opening up the wings.
More of the same pls.....

Jake has displayed NO ball-playing ability this year.

Most of you don't want to hear this but...he is a tireless worker, full of spirit and heart and is ALL Manly, but he is on BIG money and without contributing his previously shown ball-playing abilities he is worth about 700k/ year. Sorry.

Unfortunately he is the only player that has not grown under Des and it is costing us about 250k .

Des needs to sort out his expensive use of Jake.

Are you sure about that? Jake at 1st receiver is where the whole movement starts. He summarises what the defensive line is doing within a split second. In that moment he has to pick one of 3 options.
1- If the defence is up hard on his outside men he with charge into the line himself taking the meters.
2- He can play short to support runner if the middle is opened up.
3- Play out the back to DCE where he then has another 3 options of his own.

Not sure what you classify as ball playing but I’m pretty sure if your the start of a big movement like this and making big decisions in a split second I would say he is a ball player. He is the key to our attacking raids.

Hang on a miniute. What the **** is going on here in this thread? With utmost respect give yourselves some uppercuts please....
Jake is doing the job that his coach has given him and it's going pretty well considering we sit in 4th as of this very moment.
When Jake was ball playing we were fighting for the spoon. When DCE was first receiver we were fighting for spoons. When the old coaching regime was talking about dce being moulded into a Thurston role we were playing for spoons....
Let Jake do what Jake is doing thanks. If the best coach in the NRL wants something different I'm sure Jake will provide.
There was an article that dissected our current strengths on the edges and it was clear that letting DCE roam in behind Jake is letting us either go short to our edge backrowers or to Tommy round the back and when neither of that fancies dce can burn a few forwards across field opening up the wings.
If it is working so well please tell me the last time our wingers scored off this play??? Cant think of one in recent memory. Most of our backs are scoring from good early ball or from quick play the balls. Again I said jake is a great ball player but we do it far too often and it is often off a slower play the ball and it just gets shut down too regularly.

If it is working so well please tell me the last time our wingers scored off this play??? Cant think of one in recent memory. Most of our backs are scoring from good early ball or from quick play the balls. Again I said jake is a great ball player but we do it far too often and it is often off a slower play the ball and it just gets shut down too regularly.
Which play would you be refering to? Looking at our structure as a whole across the season we are right up there on attacking stats and Garrick is 1 try away from leading tey scorer... our attack has been a little clunky the last 3 weeks but in saying that we have a combined score of 78 - 42 so it's not that bad really.
Jake is playing a role in a team that's sitting 4th in the table and that has beaten both the storm and souths so how bout some positive vibe?

Which play would you be refering to? Looking at our structure as a whole across the season we are right up there on attacking stats and Garrick is 1 try away from leading tey scorer... our attack has been a little clunky the last 3 weeks but in saying that we have a combined score of 78 - 42 so it's not that bad really.
Jake is playing a role in a team that's sitting 4th in the table and that has beaten both the storm and souths so how bout some positive vibe?
Im referring to the play that this entire thread is dedicated to ;)

Im referring to the play that this entire thread is dedicated to ;)
That play is the basis of everything else that happens in our side so I do go back to the position that the world is ok at the moment.
Jake's game right now is that of James Graham during the 2 GF appearances for the dogs.
Des has a plan and it's working.

That play is the basis of everything else that happens in our side so I do go back to the position that the world is ok at the moment.
Jake's game right now is that of James Graham during the 2 GF appearances for the dogs.
Des has a plan and it's working.
I tend to think the play is looking more like James Graham for the dogs the year Des was moved on where Graham and the dogs bacame too predictable. But yes Im sure Des has learnt and will have a few tricks up his sleeve.

Thank you. 100% agree.

The question raised by the alledged .. "better".. Robbo is a legitament point for discussion .... however as you point out ... it only took 3 posts to turn into a miserable bagging session ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4