Jake T's Introduction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
A little disappointed he didn't get more time, but that hit he put on was just an absolute ball tearer. For those that were there, did the crowd just start going psycho when he came on and started throwing himself around? I really noticed it on the tv coverage, you could really notice the crowd lifting.

What I liked about Jake was that he came on and looked to lift us when we were looking a little flat and in danger of being run down. You could see the effect his introduction into the game had on the others.

More game time please Tooves! This kid is the goods.

I've seen enough........Jake is a dead set gun. In attack and defence.

Watching Jake and his attitude to the opportunity presented to him reminded me of the first time I watched George Burgess play. Handled the pressure. Stamped his authority. Made himself known.

Same again next week please, Mr Toovey, but more minutes please!

He's the aggression we're looking for. Passionate Manly boy to boot.
He must be a permanent fixture on our bench this season. Even if he doesn't kill it all season his development is paramount to our future success.

I've being hanging out for him to make the side for ages, so glad he got a crack, even if it was 5 mins. He is something special, there is no doubt about it. He must stay in the side - please Toovs

A little disappointed he didn't get more time, but that hit he put on was just an absolute ball tearer. For those that were there, did the crowd just start going psycho when he came on and started throwing himself around? I really noticed it on the tv coverage, you could really notice the crowd lifting.

What I liked about Jake was that he came on and looked to lift us when we were looking a little flat and in danger of being run down. You could see the effect his introduction into the game had on the others.

More game time please Tooves! This kid is the goods.

I agree with Jake being very capable in NRL.
The reason why coaches are hesitant to play young forwards too early is that they don't want to burn them out this early in their careers.
eg. Hasler sat Buhrer on the bench for two games before Jamie saw tiny minutes on the field for a many games.
In saying that, I'm tempted to play Jake more too.
Same goes for Sao.

I'm so happy Jake T got an opportunity so early in the season! He is a solid, consistent, standout performer every week in NSW Cup and after such a horrible season ending ankle injury last season, he deserved an early crack at 1st Grade!
I though he had an immediate impact when he came on as well as smoothly morphing into position like he's a veteren of this playing group!
Jake T is ready and is more than capable of making that position his own before Hasson returns and if Jake T is playing good footy, then Hasson gets relegated to NSW Cup until another opportunity arises!

There was a clear Lift with his presence like crystal clear he came on and he just threw his body at everything it was great he looked like a terrier on a leash at a dog park

Last edited:
He come on and in his first 5 minutes put on a big hit on to fire up the team when they were in trouble. Then another hit with Buhrer to force a drop that he regathered to seal the game. I don't want to make too much noise about 5 minutes of game tape, but as a local Manly boy he has the passion for the club that's infectious. I can see he and his brother building the Manly culture all over again as the new generation of players come through.

Toovey, play the man! He has earned a bench spot, let him earn the start.

I agree. This guy is a gun. From what I saw last night he should be in the 17 every week now. his positioning in defence, his talk and his speed for a prop were very impressive.

Potential future blue.

I thought both Jake & Ligi were terrific last night but in terms of how many minutes they play, there might be some exercise physiology to consider.

It takes time to build up the the recovery ability of soft tissue (muscle, tendons & ligaments), particularly in younger players. This is one of the reasons why forwards that generally carry more muscle, develop later in their careers. For the battering their bodies take, they need to be able to recover effectively without risking injury.

Therefore the theory of younger players having more than 1 stint on the field, requires their bodies to heat up, cool down and heat up again. Factor in the half time break and the use of interchange, means coaches have a lot to consider.

So…. what does that mean for how best to use Jake? At this stage of his career in FG he probably is better having only the 1 stint. Toovey is possibly looking at a time in the game where the opposition forwards are getting tired. Which means, before HT or the final 15-20 mins. Last night he only got the final 5 mins but the storm scored 3 quick tries in that time. He may have thought he wanted his more experienced players on the field to calm the situation. Ultimately though he had to get him on and his energy played a key role.

All in all, he showed why he's so highly regarded and along with Ligi, the future looks good.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4