Jake Trbojevic... take a bow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eagleron

Bencher
Fair points Jay E, Putting Ola on when the Blues were behind and under the pump wasn't an ideal introduction to Origin, kinda like a sink or swim scenario. Dont think Ola has ever come of the bench before, would of been better starting him, were he could of worked himself into the game.
Ola looked lost on the left to me, I've never understood playing anyone out of their normal position unless absolutely necessary, after all the whole reason they're picked in the first place is their form in club football. I do however understand playing Turbo and Mitchell in the three quarters as they both play a roving role in club football, to me it's more proof that Maguire isn't the coach he'd like everyone to believe he is

Eagle 1

First Grader
Ola looked lost on the left to me, I've never understood playing anyone out of their normal position unless absolutely necessary, after all the whole reason they're picked in the first place is their form in club football. I do however understand playing Turbo and Mitchell in the three quarters as they both play a roving role in club football, to me it's more proof that Maguire isn't the coach he'd like everyone to believe he is
Yeah, Ola looked like the new kid in school, looked lost and caught flatfooted with the ball, with nowhere to go. He should of started, Madge should of known this, this is what a comptent SOO coach should know about his players.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One answer
Maguire
He is bog average and picked a team that suits his bog average approach

Talks tough but footy brain rough
Top notch goose and looks at himself too much in the mirror
Anyone remember him signing Gifty and then changing him from a ball player to a up the middle fist receiver runner
Goose goose goose
Fake coach with no knowledge
Just what parra needs
Oh
Did I say he was a goose
If I didn’t
I meant to

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah, Ola looked like the new kid in school, looked lost and caught flatfooted with the ball, with nowhere to go. He should have started, Madge should have known this, this is what a comptent SOO coach should know about his players.
What I noticed was Haumole making plenty of energetic runs (with big wind-ups) only not to be given the ball. He was expecting the passes but they just didn’t come for some reason.

Ola was within his rights to start waving his arms around in frustration (Marty Tapau style) at being cut out so often.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Yeh at 20 - 10 when Liam Martin put the shot of the night on, it led directly to NSW lifting and causing an error next tackle....pity NSW turned it over yet again and QLD scored a runaway try that killed any chances, but Martin unlikely given he picked up a decent leg injury but these Panthers have guns coming through and regardless of who plays are favourites for a reason, especially coming off a poor loss to Illawarra you just know they are gunna come out red hot and fired up....last nigh I actually thought ex Panther Lenui (now Rooster) was 1 of the top 3 players on the field also with his aggressive running winning NSW momentum they were unable to cash in on.
Lenui is arguably their biggest loss in recent years imo. Their pack doesn’t seem to have much through the middle of you attack jfh and Leota like we did at brookie.

joeboy

Bencher
If Jake didn’t have the runs on the board I’d argue he needs to be put out to pasture, he peaked early and has had a great career, but he looks average out there. His tackling has dropped off too. He had no leg drive, he hits the ground at first contact, his link man passing is ineffective as he is zero running threat. He doesn’t offload anymore and I can’t remember the last time he folded an attacker and won possession which he used to be amazing at. He looks off the pace on both sides of the ball to me and I reckon it’s why he got yanked in origin.

The decline had been swift, he is barely worth half his pay packet Iin Relation to the modern game. Only his mammoth heart is getting him through as he looks to playing on fumes to me

It’s sad because he was my favourite player. And has been an incredible player and clubman.

Last edited:

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
If Jake didn’t have the runs on the board I’d argue he needs to be put out to pasture, he peaked early and has had a great career, but he looks average out there. His tackling has dropped off too. He had no leg drive, he hits the ground at first contact, his link man passing is ineffective as he is zero running threat. He doesn’t offload anymore and I can’t remember the last time he folded an attacker and won possession which he used to be amazing at. He looks off the pace on both sides of the ball to me and I reckon it’s why he got yanked in origin.

The decline had been swift, he is barely worth half his pay packet Iin Relation to the modern game. Only his mammoth heart is getting him through as he looks to playing on fumes to me

It’s sad because he was my favourite player. And has been an incredible player and clubman.
I love Jake as well, and was expecting a big game from him after the personal disappointment he must have felt from the first Origin game. But yeah, he was as close to ordinary as I've ever seen him today.

Rugby league is such a tough game, and he's given everything he's had to give to this club for many years. But time gets us all in the end.

Rocky

Bencher
Those calling the demise of Jake are way too early.

But one thing is for sure he isn't an 80-minute player nor a number 13.

Put him to prop and play him for 50 minutes (although not sure who our 13 would be???)

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
He is not being used properly. He is such a great ball player. He is be being wasted out there as a tackling machine to make up for our other lazy ass defending forwards. Lawton missed 7 tackles today. Not good enough. And it certainly didn't help Jakes cause that our backs missed a total of 27 tackles combined today. Not even Top 8 standard right there.

AndWeDon'tCare

Reserve Grader
I'm certainly not writing Jake's obituary and I'm not doubting his effort.

There is not one opposition player that likes to be tackled but there are plenty who love it when he is in the attacking line, he is never considered a threat in attack.

He is of zero interest to the opposition's defensive line, so much so that the defenders slide in the knowledge that they don't need to turn in, in the event that he decides to run or change the point of attack.

Last edited:

LeonardCohen

Bencher
One answer
Maguire
He is bog average and picked a team that suits his bog average approach

Talks tough but footy brain rough
Top notch goose and looks at himself too much in the mirror
Anyone remember him signing Gifty and then changing him from a ball player to a up the middle fist receiver runner
Goose goose goose
Fake coach with no knowledge
Just what parra needs
Oh
Did I say he was a goose
If I didn’t
I meant to
Yeah, I agree. I am surprised people still put him in the conversation around great coaches. He left Souths and the Tigers in absolute dire straits. The Tales From Tigertown doco really showed his limitations as a coach. Basically, he tells his squad to fire up and when that doesn't work, he is void of ideas. Souths had been building for that premiership for years and were stacked with serious talent due to the Crowe's pockets. He did well to motivate them and get it done but it wore thin quickly and he has nothing else to show.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Jake is 31 next year.
Should he moved to prop permanently and play 60 mins a game for the next 3-4 years?
I think it would help his longevity as he has a lot of miles in the legs ( and tackles in the shoulders) already.

We could add a faster lock into the mix.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Predicting he won’t captain or play in the next state of origin. Never seen a player go backwards Like him, very sad.
If you mean the next game on 26 June 2024 - rather than the 2025 series - then all I can say is ‘This post aged well’.:)

Of course he might injure himself at SOO training, but that’s a long shot.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18