Jake Trbojevic .... Destined for greatness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Jake Trbojevic reminds me a lot of Glenn Lazarus. He can run the ball, he has passing skills and is the best tackling front rower in the game by a long, long way. And personally at this stage I think Jake is actually better than Lazarus was, and we all know the career that The Brick ended up having.

He proved today that he is an 80 minute player and that we're better off with him out there than having a rest on the bench.

Is it me or did the Kiwi commentators (Halligan and his mate) give Jake more credit for how his game has developed than any of the Nein or Fox commentators have this year?

No it isn't just you. When Turbo Sr is selected for rep duties, it will come as a great surprise to some of them. Witness Alexander's assertion that no Manly forward routinely makes more than 100m, with the ball, per game.

If he played for Brisbane, NQ, C-B or the Tigers (for example), you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Jake Turbo will no doubt play for NSW and Aust. With his form, and playing under a Bozo controlled manly, he is destined for great things.

The way he is progressing he will be the best forward in the game.

No it isn't just you. When Turbo Sr is selected for rep duties, it will come as a great surprise to some of them. Witness Alexander's assertion that no Manly forward routinely makes more than 100m, with the ball, per game.

If he played for Brisbane, NQ, C-B or the Tigers (for example), you wouldn't hear the end of it.
Agreed; although Hindmarsh singled him out the other day and agrees we need to already be thinking about extending his recent extension as he will be in hot demand.

For all the doom and gloom surrounding this year, we should instead be marvelling at just how special these two brothers are. Keep them fit, keep them learning, keep them loving Manly and we are set for an exciting 10+ years.

Have been reading the "Rookie of the Year" thread over on League Unlimited. After 14 pages of mind numbing waffling by supporters expressing their love for whatever rookie(s) play(s) for their clubs, plus the usual back and forth personal abuse that goes on in just about every thread on that site......on Saturday they finally cottoned onto the fact that amongst the mire that is the Sea Eagles 2015 forward pack there is a loaded gun named Jake Trbojevic.

A few also noticed the quiet game young Tommy had in the U/20's :p

Jack Bird should also be up there, Jake had already played before this year so may not be able to recieve it.

Nrl 360 just gave Jake the number 1 ranked player in the game last week. Big love fest. Great stats and deserves the praise.
I just saw that too!!! I was sitting there watching the names and thinking 'what a joke why doesn't Jake T get some recognition?' And then they pull him out at number 1!!

Okay I know I get a bit hyped on these things, but I love seeing our players getting recognition. I love our players winning dally m positional awards or making rep teams. So top job Jake T. Completely deserved, and as they said 'against a big warriors pack'. And they were also impressed by his ball playing. AWESOME.

I just saw that too!!! I was sitting there watching the names and thinking 'what a joke why doesn't Jake T get some recognition?' And then they pull him out at number 1!!

Okay I know I get a bit hyped on these things, but I love seeing our players getting recognition. I love our players winning dally m positional awards or making rep teams. So top job Jake T. Completely deserved, and as they said 'against a big warriors pack'. And they were also impressed by his ball playing. AWESOME.
i was thinking hopefully he was in the top 5. Then it was down to number one and jake granville sprang to mind; and i was thinking "argghh" then Jake T pops up and i may have unintentionally fistpumped

i was thinking hopefully he was in the top 5. Then it was down to number one and jake granville sprang to mind; and i was thinking "argghh" then Jake T pops up and i may have unintentionally fistpumped
The old involuntary fist pump - nice...

RLW have a "Rising Rookie" award every week and JakeT is yet to be nominated this yr.As yet I have not received a response to my simple question of why.Criteria states players not of played more than 10 games before 2015.And most of the list comprises of flashy outside backs with no substance.Obviously a ploy to sell mags or visit web page.No credibility

The old involuntary fist pump - nice...

I still do that every time I see Beaver's try in the 2008 GF ;)

But its great to see Jake finally getting recognition. Don't get me wrong but he's done more than Tommy this year but its Tom who's been the headline grabber (at least for the right reasons).

Last edited:
RLW have a "Rising Rookie" award every week and JakeT is yet to be nominated this yr.As yet I have not received a response to my simple question of why.Criteria states players not of played more than 10 games before 2015.And most of the list comprises of flashy outside backs with no substance.Obviously a ploy to sell mags or visit web page.No credibility

Tommy was the Round 12 winner for the game against the Cows in Townsville.

Compare last weeks winners stats with Jakes.

Brendan Elliot (Rorters)
11 runs, 102 metres, two tackles (0 missed), two tries, 0 line breaks on the wing

Jake Trbojevic
26 runs, 238 metres, 28 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 1 line break, 1 try playing 71 minutes in the front row.

Nordburg, you're line about the list comprising outside backs is right. It kinda seems that unless you're a half or an outside back with highlight reel tries you really don't get a look in.

Last edited:
Tommy was the Round 12 winner for the game against the Cows in Townsville.

Compare last weeks winners stats with Jakes.

Brendan Elliot (Rorters)
11 runs, 102 metres, two tackles (0 missed), two tries, 0 line breaks on the wing

Jake Trbojevic
26 runs, 238 metres, 28 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 1 line break, 1 try playing 71 minutes in the front row.

Nordburg, you're line about the list comprising outside backs is right. It kinda seems that unless you're a half or an outside back with highlight reel tries you really don't get a look in.
The funny thing is he'll play for Australia before anyone on that list

twin turbos in our mighty eagles only hold well for the future,both equal to the task of first grade,as good as anything ive seen in a while.

The question this weekend is can Jake back it up?

Not 200m etc but a good 100m+ performance.

This question goes to our entire forwards pack that finished last weekend, even Hasson must be tired playing 30 minutes for the first time in his career.

The question this weekend is can Jake back it up?

Not 200m etc but a good 100m+ performance.

This question goes to our entire forwards pack that finished last weekend, even Hasson must be tired playing 30 minutes for the first time in his career.

I don't see why not, he is averaging over 112m per game so far this year and has run for over 100m 7 out of the last 8 games. Ironically the only game he didn't crack the ton was against the Broncs in Rd 13 - so that should give him some incentive

I hope so, I Starling can continue to back him up off the bench then with 2 of our props making 100m we will win (thats what I am told) or at least we will be a decent chance

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8