Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sounds like a BS story.

Just a journo finding a backup half and linking him to teams that may need him.

Given that Manly threw him a lifeline and he gets to develop under two great halves I reckon JA would be fairly happy where he is right now.
I think he also resigned for two or three years, at the end of last year, after it became apparent Brooks would be ahead of him. I wouldn't think he'd be upset or wanting out if he did that. He's still 21, and DCE didn't even debut until 22. I think he'd be happy where he is at the moment. Additionally Manly fans aren't absolutely evil like Eels "fans" so he won't be copping it here for doing his best.

Like my mate and me were talking about today, Yes he might behind Brooks and Chez but he has to put in and make it hard for Seibs to not pick him in the side or on the bench, dont drop your head but to make sure you go out in every game you play, whether it is for BWSE or first grade and bust your gut telling Seibs, dont forget me,I am here and I wont let you down if you pick me, make it hard for him to ignore you

We need to play him at lock. He suits the position perfectly. Tall, lean, has pace, is crafty, can play 5/8 at a pinch or even in the centres.

Who else does that remind anyone of people? Yep, Steve (The Beaver) Menzies.

Why are we playing and rotating two props at lock? One can't even really run anymore! This change speeds out forwards as a group up. Something we BADLY need.

Also, with Lawton going to the Cowboys, we need to start grooming DCE's under study off the bench in Jamie Humphreys. Kid will be anything if given an opportunity.

I'm tired of seeing Arthur being 18th man or whatever, when he perfectly fills a gap we have, that's been given to someone because of character , leadership and Defense (someone who could do the same off the bench at prop).

We need to play him at lock. He suits the position perfectly. Tall, lean, has pace, is crafty, can play 5/8 at a pinch or even in the centres.

Why are we playing and rotating two props at lock? One can't even really run anymore! This change speeds out forwards as a group up. Something we BADLY need.

Also, with Lawton going to the Cowboys, we need to start grooming DCE's under study off the bench in Jamie Humphreys. Kid will be anything if given an opportunity.

I'm tired of seeing Arthur being 18th man or whatever, when he perfectly fills a gap we have, that's been given to someone because of character , leadership and Defense (someone who could do the same off the bench at prop).

You r dreaming Ryan

He reminds me of Beavers mother, except Arthur is slower

A hard no.

He would need a massive offseason in the gym to get his body right to move into the forwards. I get what your saying and can kind of agree that he could transition to add mobility and ball playing in the middle.
We need to see if he can handle making 35 tackles a game week in week out along with making some real tough hit ups.
Wouldnt mind seeing it but his body would have to change considerably.

You r dreaming Ryan

He reminds me of Beavers mother, except Arthur is slower

A hard no.
Mate, respect your opinion, but STRONGLY disagree. If we want to keep being the 4th worst defensive team in the league, keep the status quo, and remain a heavy based team, sure. Slow, immobile, lumbering, but yes, powerful.

It's through the middles we get breached. Then when we are back peddling, the opposition spread it wide where we'll naturally be thin on the back foot.

Maybe you forget how he gave almost back to back man of the match performances to finish last year where we pumped two teams, and kept them to very low scores.

We should appreciate his talents mate. Don't believe what Parramatta numpties will tell you.

We need to speed up. We need more ex factor and line breaking from lock. We need another option. You don't / won't get that with Jake who provides so many different assets / intangibles that could be used elsewhere.

Love the idea, Ryan, but as I keep assuring my wife, there is only one Beaver for me.

Haha, fair point, and rightfully so. He was a magician. Looking back, we didn't even really realise how lucky we were to have this ornament playing for us week after week, hey. Maybe I was just a bit too spoiled as a fan talent wise with our club.

Mate, respect your opinion, but STRONGLY disagree. If we want to keep being the 4th worst defensive team in the league, keep the status quo, and remain a heavy based team, sure. Slow, immobile, lumbering, but yes, powerful.

It's through the middles we get breached. Then when we are back peddling, the opposition spread it wide where we'll naturally be thin on the back foot.

Maybe you forget how he gave almost back to back man of the match performances to finish last year where we pumped two teams, and kept them to very low scores.

We should appreciate his talents mate. Don't believe what Parramatta numpties will tell you.

We need to speed up. We need more ex factor and line breaking from lock. We need another option. You don't / won't get that with Jake who provides so many different assets / intangibles that could be used elsewhere.
I don't disagree that we could use a Murray/Yeo type at lock but these guys are energiser bunnies that tackle and run all day with good ball playing as a bonus. It would be unfair on Arthur to play him in the middle. Its not impossible in a few years time but he would need a season or 2 doing it in reggies. For now he is 1st backup for DCE and Brooks and that is all.

✅✅✅✅

Prescient post, potentially.

A halves pairing of Arthur and Brooks still looks very capable to me.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8