Jake and Addin racing the clock to be fit for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely there would have been some pressure or even insistence by Des and Manly for Jake and A F B to have surgery A S A P after their club commitments this season if there was a possibility that they would miss the early and what could be crucial starting matches in 2020 , regardless of any Rep duties on offer . One key forward unavailable would be bad enough if it could definitely been avoided but two is [ or really should be ] unacceptable and very short sighted ..Maybe or hopefully their surgeries are on the less serious level scale and they will be available sooner then suggested . .

Surely there would have been some pressure or even insistence by Des and Manly for Jake and A F B to have surgery A S A P after their club commitments this season if there was a possibility that they would miss the early and what could be crucial starting matches in 2020 , regardless of any Rep duties on offer . One key forward unavailable would be bad enough if it could definitely been avoided but two is [ or really should be ] unacceptable and very short sighted ..Maybe or hopefully their surgeries are on the less serious level scale and they will be available sooner then suggested . .

On the contrary .... I believe Dessie would be more than supportive of players fulfilling rep honours .... he represented himself and knows the importance and value players put on it .... and what they gain from it .....

It sounds to me like it was a simple matter of delaying optional maintenance surgery for a couple of weeks .... neither appeared to have serious injuries that restricted them from playing full games with their shoulders ....

if there was a distinct likelihood that they would miss the i st two club matches for 2020 when both had already played numerous [ or quite a few ] times at international level and more to come no doubt , i could only contend that it would be a very poor sense of priorities ,. Especially when their main financial footy source is from Manly , not to mention the interests of Manly supporters . Of course i could be wrong but seriously doubt that Des would be supportive in this scenario and taking into account his proven competitive coaching approach .

if there was a distinct likelihood that they would miss the i st two club matches for 2020 when both had already played numerous [ or quite a few ] times at international level and more to come no doubt , i could only contend that it would be a very poor sense of priorities ,. Especially when their main financial footy source is from Manly , not to mention the interests of Manly supporters . Of course i could be wrong but seriously doubt that Des would be supportive in this scenario and taking into account his proven competitive coaching approach .

If Dessie didn't want them to have played .... they wouldn't have played .... simple.

Unless of course you are suggesting they both told Des and the medical staff to get stuffed ?

If Dessie didn't want them to have played .... they wouldn't have played .... simple.

Unless of course you are suggesting they both told Des and the medical staff to get stuffed ?
No idea . Just saying if the reports are accurate and they will miss those fist two vital matches against top tier sides , hardly in Manly"s best interests surely . That is my main point

There is nothing different between NZ compared to Somoa and Tonga etc on that logic. The NZ side is all made of of NRL players, mostly from an Australian NRL club, not a NZ local side.

That leaves England Vs Australia

What about the fact that 95% of the crowd, in NZ, was Tongan. Doesn't say much for the health of the game in New Zealand does it? NZ is a far bigger market than Tonga. Let's get real, rugby league will never be an international game. Let's get our heads outta the sand for once...

With us so far out from the 1st round how can they predict that they will miss the first 2. I’m calling it bull**** and they will be there against the scum for the battle of Brookie.
Agree , they may miss a preseason but will be lining up for round 1

Tell, you one thing, If I was a player and a club tried to force me to miss rep games I'd find another club.

Its easy as fans to say "sit them out" as we only care about how Manly goes, but professional athletes spend their whole career trying to compete at the highest level and be recognized as one of the best in their field.

Representative selection is important

Let em play

Last edited:
Tell, you one thing, If I was a player and a club tried to force me to miss rep games I'd find another club.

Its easy as fans to say "sit them out" as we only care about how Manly goes, but professional athletes spend their whole career trying to compete at the highest level and be recognized as one of the best in there field.

Representative selection is important

Let em play

Also ... don't know if it is still a thing .... but in days of yore ..... players had contract pay rises and bonuses linked to making rep teams ..... clubs encouraged players to reach higher levels of performance ....

Also ... don't know if it is still a thing .... but in days of yore ..... players had contract pay rises and bonuses linked to making rep teams ..... clubs encouraged players to reach higher levels of performance ....

Didn't they have in days of yore yore...match payments only. So if you got injured playing some rep game and missed a season...no $$$$$ for you?

FTR: I don't mind players playing rep games but I do mind if they carry an injury into them and exacerbate them.

So if you injure your typing finger over on the kennel.... don't think Dan is paying you for time off here! lol.

Didn't they have in days of yore yore...match payments only. So if you got injured playing some rep game and missed a season...no $$$$$ for you?

There was always the cloth sack full of two bobs from the pokies to get you by .... ahhhh ... the days before computerised one armed bandits ......

In those days a schooner cost 15c .... a bag of 2 bobs was a weeks wages .....

I think the fans that can’t handle players getting injured in rep games or postponing operations to play in these games should follow a different sport. As mentioned in an other post, players live for these moments and deserve every opportunity that comes there way rep wise. It’s not ideal for the fan but it’s a dream coming true for the player.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4