Jake and Addin racing the clock to be fit for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the fans that can’t handle players getting injured in rep games or postponing operations to play in these games should follow a different sport. As mentioned in an other post, players live for these moments and deserve every opportunity that comes there way rep wise. It’s not ideal for the fan but it’s a dream coming true for the player.
Let me tell you about another sport that has a similar problem: cricket.
Grade clubs (like Manly, Mosman, North Sydney) cultivate kids from the ages of six then bring them through the ranks. Finally, if they do well in First Grade, they get headhunted into the NSW development squad where they practice away from their grade club and play in all sorts of NSW Second XI and Invitational matches. Many of these players are bared from playing from their grade team if they have an upcoming NSW fixture... they need the rest, apparently. Stuff the grade club which has done all the hard work developing these players. If that's not bad enough, the National selectors hold sway over State players and can instruct any player to have a rest. Stuff the State team and the Grade team!
What that results in is a weaker Sheffield Shield competition, and a severely weakened grade comp. It's very short sighted because where do you think the next generation of players for Australia will come from? Grade cricket.
Test and NSW players should be encouraged to play grade cricket. You want to play with, and against, the best.
Cricket has got it completely wrong.
Rant over.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4