Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jake and Addin racing the clock to be fit for Rd 1

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Didn't they have in days of yore yore...match payments only. So if you got injured playing some rep game and missed a season...no $$$$$ for you?
There was always the cloth sack full of two bobs from the pokies to get you by .... ahhhh ... the days before computerised one armed bandits ......

In those days a schooner cost 15c .... a bag of 2 bobs was a weeks wages .....

Ben

I think the fans that can’t handle players getting injured in rep games or postponing operations to play in these games should follow a different sport. As mentioned in an other post, players live for these moments and deserve every opportunity that comes there way rep wise. It’s not ideal for the fan but it’s a dream coming true for the player.

The Who

Premium Member
I think the fans that can’t handle players getting injured in rep games or postponing operations to play in these games should follow a different sport. As mentioned in an other post, players live for these moments and deserve every opportunity that comes there way rep wise. It’s not ideal for the fan but it’s a dream coming true for the player.
Let me tell you about another sport that has a similar problem: cricket.
Grade clubs (like Manly, Mosman, North Sydney) cultivate kids from the ages of six then bring them through the ranks. Finally, if they do well in First Grade, they get headhunted into the NSW development squad where they practice away from their grade club and play in all sorts of NSW Second XI and Invitational matches. Many of these players are bared from playing from their grade team if they have an upcoming NSW fixture... they need the rest, apparently. Stuff the grade club which has done all the hard work developing these players. If that's not bad enough, the National selectors hold sway over State players and can instruct any player to have a rest. Stuff the State team and the Grade team!
What that results in is a weaker Sheffield Shield competition, and a severely weakened grade comp. It's very short sighted because where do you think the next generation of players for Australia will come from? Grade cricket.
Test and NSW players should be encouraged to play grade cricket. You want to play with, and against, the best.
Cricket has got it completely wrong.
Rant over.

Jigzkiller

I think the fans that can’t handle players getting injured in rep games or postponing operations to play in these games should follow a different sport.
No we can follow any sport we like and have a different opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom