Jake and Addin racing the clock to be fit for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think they are...
$30k for each origin game. $20k for every test match. Potential to earn some real coin whilst performing at rep level for your state and country.
Crazy not to.

Performing at rep level increases their overall value as individuals.

Obviously understand it’s not in the best interests of the club all the time due to injuries but having rep level players at your club also has benefits with sponsorships/attracting players/player development etc.

Gotta take the good with the bad in my opinion.
I don't disagree - but my main gripe is the amount of additional games after an already long season. It would have been nice for some of our guys to go on the shelf and have an actual break after we got knocked out. Look at DCE this year. At his age I'd like to see him playing a lot less outside of club, but obviously he is very proud to rep Qld and his country - but jeez even with some time out injured that's a lot of football. Did he need to play 4 games of nines?

Foran needs shoulder surgery and won't be back till May.
How does Manly project a March return for these two :think:

Nase had his shoulder operated on in September and is still in a sling 2 months later :wondering:

Having had a shoulder reconstruction myself there’s varying degree’s.

Mine was a full reconstruction, 3 1/2 months in a sling , 3 months physio.

But it might just be a shoulder “ clean up”, which could be 2 months in a sling and 2 months physio ( note also being professionals they could have physio twice a day, I could only afford twice a week) although that can be shortened if you spend more time on it.

If both Addin and Jake require surgery, why was this not arranged the moment our season was over?? This is staggering!! The club has to come first!!

No it does not.

The game has to come first including the international game. If the clubs lead every decision then the game will never grow past self interest.

To be clear it sucks that we have players who will miss large chunks of pre season. Much like hte impact of state of O is not great but ultimately it helps to grow the game.

No it does not.

The game has to come first including the international game. If the clubs lead every decision then the game will never grow past self interest.

To be clear it sucks that we have players who will miss large chunks of pre season. Much like hte impact of state of O is not great but ultimately it helps to grow the game.
The schedule is the problem. Still playing in November is ridiculous.

It a real pity they got injured/were injured but that's footy. 2019 has been a cursed year re injuries so bring on 2020!

The schedule is the problem. Still playing in November is ridiculous.

But that is the challenge

If you cut the number of games in the season that will reduce the TV money (in the short term - over time you could build up the international game to help replace that money)....which the clubs do not want to do.

The game has to come first including the international game.

How does the "international" game grow buy Australia/NZ B sides playing for other countries? Yep let's all get excited that Tonga beat Australia and shout international football.

What a laugh was there 1 person in the Tonga team that was born or at least learnt the game in Tonga? no all from Auckland or Western Sydney if that turns you on go for it but calling a product international doesn't make it that.
Club football only thanks let's not pretend we are something we are not.

This is terrible news. Hopefully not a full reconstruction, shoulders are never the same after that. If they have been playing with the injury cannot be too bad where cartilage has been completely torn off the bone? Sad they miss the whole pre season, thats 6 months without heavy strength training and conditioning, which is crucial for the 2020 season. Hopefully they return sooner than the 6 months being suggested.

Foran needs shoulder surgery and won't be back till May.
How does Manly project a March return for these two :think:

Nase had his shoulder operated on in September and is still in a sling 2 months later :wondering:
If ever there needs to be a bloke medically retired it’s Fiz, for his own sake and sanity.

If ever there needs to be a bloke medically retired it’s Fiz, for his own sake and sanity.
His insistence on staying suggests that he craves the structure that league gives him.
Having his days filled with predetermined events must be a comfort to someone who has mental issues .

Ultimately his contract will end and he'll have to find a new structure to fit into @:cool:

Maybe If it’s the same shoulder injury and they can’t get clearance Eddie Hayson will say knows the wands gone and it will get the thumbs up.

Given Foran was injured playing for his country, Canterbury could make an application for up to $350,000 of salary cap relief to spend on a 'like-for-like' player if Foran is ruled out for 12 or more games.

-----
Hope Manly is in on this and gets compo for Jake etc :pointup:

How does the "international" game grow buy Australia/NZ B sides playing for other countries? Yep let's all get excited that Tonga beat Australia and shout international football.

What a laugh was there 1 person in the Tonga team that was born or at least learnt the game in Tonga? no all from Auckland or Western Sydney if that turns you on go for it but calling a product international doesn't make it that.
Club football only thanks let's not pretend we are something we are not.

Hahaha, I agree. I thought it was just me who saw the absurdity of it all. It is hard to keep track of who has played for which country and state from the juniors onward. Who do you wanna play for today? Rugby league is a minority sport that will be pretty much dead in 20/30 years. Playing ten months of the year may just expediate its demise. Even the NFL season is only five months long. Seriously, what sort of parent would want their child to play it? I have one foot out the door and if it wasn't for Manly I would be done completely.

There is nothing different between NZ compared to Somoa and Tonga etc on that logic. The NZ side is all made of of NRL players, mostly from an Australian NRL club, not a NZ local side.

That leaves England Vs Australia

MD today

Great rates Addin highest flying Sea Eagle

Jon Geddes
image.ashx

Addin Fonua-Blake on the charge for Tonga. Picture: Getty

SEA Eagles legend Max Krilich has paid prop Addin Fonua-Blake the ultimate compliment by describing him as currently Manly’s best player.

The 23-year-old frontrower played an integral role in the revitalised Sea Eagles charge to the finals.
And he was again a dominant figure stepping up into the international arena in Tonga’s stunning 16-12 win over the Kangaroos on Saturday, running for 154m.

“In the last two years I actually think he has been Manly’s best player,” Krilich said. “I have huge admiration for Jake Trbojevic and (Daly) Cherry (Evans), but week in week out Fonua-Blake has been tremendous.”
He took his game to another level in the 2019 season with Hasler’s unique guiding hand.

“He is getting older, he is getting stronger and now he knows how to play the game,” Krilich said.
“He is playing it pretty tough and rugged like all good front-rowers do and takes no backward steps.”
He said one of the reasons Manly went well this year was due to the foundations laid by the work of Fonua-Blake and his fellow prop Marty Taupau.

And Krilich appreciates the value of front-rowers better than most as the hooker and skipper of the 1982 Kangaroos known as “the Invincibles” and a Manly premiership-winning captain.

In his 215 first grade games Krilich packed down beside some of Manly’s greatest prop forwards.
“I was very lucky to have some fantastic front-rowers playing with me going way back to John O’Neill and Terry Randall particularly, John Harvey and Ian Thomson,” Krilich said.

His comments come with news Fonua-Blake and Jake Trbojevic have both had shoulder surgery this week.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2