Jails will be cleared to house protesters...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Narcissus

Reserve Grader
http://www.smh.com.au/news/general/more-apec-pain-revealed/2007/08/24/1187462492953.html

Thankfully, we apparently would rather release prisoners temporarily so that we can jail protesters without bail until after APEC, rather than make GWB have to see that we're not all bending over for him...

I'm seriously becoming concerned with Howards subtle control methods.

He's starting to act as though he owns us.

This move makes perfect sense to me. If the G8 meetings are anything to go by we will need a lot of space for feral violent no-hopers. The fact is if anything bad was to happen then it would reflect poorly on NSW, and in fact on all of Oz. I doubt that the NSW Govt welcomed being told APEC would be held in Sydney, but it is and I wouldn't expect anything less.

its hardly throwing open the jails, its just the weekend detention guys not having to come n for one weekend

its hardly throwing open the jails, its just the weekend detention guys not having to come n for one weekend
Maybe so, but that doesn't make it right. I find it interesting that they're already assuming that they'll be arresting the numbers they think they will be... well gee, maybe if you actually let the people have a voice and DON'T declare all of those regions 'security zones' and DON'T give the police their extra powers then maybe, just maybe, you won't actually need all those cells?

It seems to me that they have decided to:
a) remove more rights from the citizens to appease certain groups; then
b) realised that by removing those rights they will need the extra space.

For god's sake, even if they allow bail then maybe they won't have the problem. But no, apparently not allowing bail to people that are arrested under these temporary allowances is a good idea. Maybe I'm making no sense or maybe I keep repeating myself, but to me it seems as though they are bringing it on themselves. Why oh why do they need extra powers and more 'security zones'?

God forbid the people are allowed to try and get their voices heard... what do they expect will happen? The police get their extra powers, use them excessively then the protesters will accept it because apparently police action is flexible, depending on who we are trying to appease?

It ****ing makes me sick that this kind of bull**** has happened to our country, and it disgusts me that I had such high hopes for this government when I first voted for them.

**** that and **** this bull**** coffee that I've had to deal with the last 24 hours. Yes, I honestly think that is affecting this post.

**** that and **** this bull**** coffee that I've had to deal with the last 24 hours. Yes, I honestly think that is affecting this post.
For what it's worth, I think I have a problem :)

I'm seriously becoming concerned with Howards subtle control methods.

He's starting to act as though he owns us.
As much as I would love to blame Howard this is a State Govt issue - they control the police and jails in NSW. Maybe there are Federal police involved but Howard doesn't have grubby fingers on this one.

They went about it all wrong.

They should house the rent crowd wankers in holdsworthy brink. That would make them think twice next time

If there was any justice we'd throw the majority of these HOG bastards in the jails.

Bush in particular has blood on his hands, as does Howard, Putin and Hu Jintao.

If there was any justice we'd throw the majority of these HOG bastards in the jails.

You forgot to include Howard.

[quote author=Matabele]

[/quote]

[quote author=tookey]
[quote author=Matabele]

[/quote]

[/quote]Obviously those Labor inspired Commie teachers in the mid seventies didn't teach reading too good!!! :roll:

I hear what Narcissus says but the reality is that we could experience some ugly situations.

At the G20 in Melbourne last year protesters threw bottles, barricades, wheeliebins and street signs, damaged buildings, cars and a police van, kicked police horses, pushed peaceful protesters aside, threw balloons full of urine, and a journalist was kicked and punched by 20 people and 30 police were injured. Bad as it was it was little compared to some of the demonstrations that have occurred at similar meetings overseas. I still believe it is appropriate to take as many precautions as possible as no one knows just how ugly it could be this time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4