[Resurrected] Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree .. but every club is guilty .. at least 10 players every year are sacked, let go, released or fire bombed .. and all publicly .. it is why the Rothfields exist.

i would still like to know what it was that put everyone off.most of the players that get punted are about drug issues, assault charges ,or clubs seizing a moment to offload a contract rather than the player. if he was just a cocky twat , than the punishment doesnt seem comparable . move him on if he is an idiot but some young people dont rebound from such public humiliation. maybe he stepped on new shoes

i understand steve mavin was also a twat

but its done , im just curious really how we all form these assertions. more info can change my mind instantly. ive weighed in on this issue over the years so if ive missed something im keen to expand my process

i would still like to know what it was that put everyone off.most of the players that get punted are about drug issues, assault charges ,or clubs seizing a moment to offload a contract rather than the player. if he was just a cocky twat , than the punishment doesnt seem comparable . move him on if he is an idiot but some young people dont rebound from such public humiliation. maybe he stepped on new shoes

i understand steve mavin was also a twat

but its done , im just curious really how we all form these assertions. more info can change my mind instantly. ive weighed in on this issue over the years so if ive missed something im keen to expand my process

I think .. repeat think .. that both Easts and Manly went out of their way to keep particulars of Jackson's personality problems private .. at no time did they publicly comment other than to say there was a problem .. I can only believe this was (and still is) being done to protect Hastings ..

I got the feeling after the feelgood story about Trent & Jackson being neighbours down south & Trent spending lots of time kicking a footy around with a young Jackson that Trent felt Jackson crossed a line & disrespected their personal relationship somehow, hence Barrett's statement he wouldn't play first grade for Manly again.

A lot of young footy players (especially halves) seem to be a bit hyperactive & footy is how they can channel that into something constructive, so Jackson may have taken his relationship with Barrett for granted & expected to be shown favouritism at Manly.

Who knows, it's all speculation on my part but HEY! speculation makes the world go 'round & fills newspapers so I'm getting mine while I still can, man!

The footy talent has never ever been in doubt. Selected to play halfback at the high achieving Roosters at the tender age of 18. Winning Man of Steel in England. Playing Tests for Great Britain.
But clearly he was a young man with problems (despite @jbb/james holding out hope it was all DCE's fault!) (lol)

To illustrate just how much of a problem child he was - talent like that is rarely left without NRL offers, yet that is exactly what happened to Jacko after the Chooks let him go. Not even struggling clubs offered this prodigious talent an NRL lifeline! That says plenty.

Eventually Manly gave him a shot but as we know it ended in tears.

It's nice that everyone is happy he's made it back to NRL and just won a game, as am I, but personally I'll believe his issues are behind him after he gets through a couple of seasons of the extreme pressure of NRL.

As for wishing he was still at Manly? Er, no thanks!

The footy talent has never ever been in doubt. Selected to play halfback at the high achieving Roosters at the tender age of 18. Winning Man of Steel in England. Playing Tests for Great Britain.
But clearly he was a young man with problems (despite @jbb/james holding out hope it was all DCE's fault!) (lol)

To illustrate just how much of a problem child he was - talent like that is rarely left without NRL offers, yet that is exactly what happened to Jacko after the Chooks let him go. Not even struggling clubs offered this prodigious talent an NRL lifeline! That says plenty.

Eventually Manly gave him a shot but as we know it ended in tears.

It's nice that everyone is happy he's made it back to NRL and just won a game, as am I, but personally I'll believe his issues are behind him after he gets through a couple of seasons of the extreme pressure of NRL.

As for wishing he was still at Manly? Er, no thanks!
your not as funny as you think, or as accurate, but thats the internet

hope your day gets better ,

your not as funny as you think, or as accurate, but thats the internet

hope your day gets better ,
this is all on barrett head imo. he was treating jackson the way he was treating young flanno. i had it from someone who was part of the playing group that he wanted to be the players best mate including getting on the beers with them. in a leadership position that's not something you can do without it clouding your judgement. i'm so happy hastings has got another shot at nrl and is taking it with both hands

‘No grudges with Manly or Daly’ – but Hastings yet to speak to Barrett​

SMH - Christian Nicolussi

Jackson Hastings says he has no issues with anybody at Manly, including Daly Cherry-Evans, but has not spoken with former coach Trent Barrett since he departed from the Sea Eagles.

Hastings will return to the northern beaches for the first time on Saturday since his controversial exit from the club midway through the 2018 season.

He had a falling-out with senior players, including Cherry-Evans following an altercation with the skipper in Gladstone. Barrett, then the head coach, said he would not pick Hastings in first grade again, and described how he had “a bit of an issue fitting in with the group at times”.
Hastings went away to England to re-invent himself, won the Man of Steel and a Super League title before signing with the Wests Tigers. Cherry-Evans has gone on to become Sea Eagles, Queensland and Kangaroos captain.

He had a good chat with Cherry-Evans after a trial at Leichhardt Oval earlier this year, and maintains the pair could have formed a potent halves combination.
As for his relationship with Barrett, who is now coach at Canterbury, Hastings told the Herald: “I don’t know. I haven’t spoken to Trent since I got flicked.

“I don’t hold grudges. I get over things pretty quickly. I understand I’ve let myself down on a few occasions and put myself in situations where I deserved a lot of what I got. There were also a lot of things I didn’t deserve and copped.

“We don’t really have any sort of relationship. I don’t speak to him, but I don’t wish anything bad upon him.”

Hastings played just 13 games at Manly across two seasons, but learned a lot after arriving from the Sydney Roosters.

He made peace with Cherry-Evans before he left for England.

Full story link:

Last edited:

‘No grudges with Manly or Daly’ – but Hastings yet to speak to Barrett​

SMH - Christian Nicolussi

Jackson Hastings says he has no issues with anybody at Manly, including Daly Cherry-Evans, but has not spoken with former coach Trent Barrett since he departed from the Sea Eagles.

Hastings will return to the northern beaches for the first time on Saturday since his controversial exit from the club midway through the 2018 season.

He had a falling-out with senior players, including Cherry-Evans following an altercation with the skipper in Gladstone. Barrett, then the head coach, said he would not pick Hastings in first grade again, and described how he had “a bit of an issue fitting in with the group at times”.
Hastings went away to England to re-invent himself, won the Man of Steel and a Super League title before signing with the Wests Tigers. Cherry-Evans has gone on to become Sea Eagles, Queensland and Kangaroos captain.

He had a good chat with Cherry-Evans after a trial at Leichhardt Oval earlier this year, and maintains the pair could have formed a potent halves combination.
As for his relationship with Barrett, who is now coach at Canterbury, Hastings told the Herald: “I don’t know. I haven’t spoken to Trent since I got flicked.

“I don’t hold grudges. I get over things pretty quickly. I understand I’ve let myself down on a few occasions and put myself in situations where I deserved a lot of what I got. There were also a lot of things I didn’t deserve and copped.

“We don’t really have any sort of relationship. I don’t speak to him, but I don’t wish anything bad upon him.”

Hastings played just 13 games at Manly across two seasons, but learned a lot after arriving from the Sydney Roosters.

He made peace with Cherry-Evans before he left for England.

Full story link:
Any wonder he hasn’t spoken to Twenty, it was his failure as a coach to rule out Hastings ever playing in our NRL team despite any issues like injuries arising.

I agree .. but every club is guilty .. at least 10 players every year are sacked, let go, released or fire bombed .. and all publicly .. it is why the Rothfields exist.
No Woodsie. Never like this. Barrett called an unscheduled press conference to say that Hastings would never be picked in first grade again.
Perhaps his being slapped on the sideline led him to believe that public humiliation of an underling was the way to go but it is the worst kind of man/team/club management.
And, no matter what happened in that sad little Queensland town after dark, it should be remembered that Barrett led the drinking after yet another humiliating loss. So he started the ball rolling then scapegoated the kid without ever identifying the 'crime' with which Shaun Lane strongly disagreed.
And it's totally possible Hastings did something from which he couldn't come back (thinking ... thinking) but a good coach/decent human being would just drop him and never promote without comment.
Snake is right.

Affecting my Fantasy team last 3 rounds. He was going good and showed the passion and I think Madge’s exit has resulted in form drop.

Hi attempted tackle on a rampaging Josh Aloiai (for his second try) - was - well - interesting to say the least haha.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2