[Resurrected] Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love a good redemption story and Hastings has written a compelling page in his. He has also confessed that he had attitude/entitlement issues early in his career. He is quite open about the fact that being punted to super league was a blessing in disguise. Good on him for coming back a better player but if Trent tried to mollycoddle him, I doubt it would've worked out for any party.

One of the other things that was impressive about Hastings today was his willingness to get into dummy half and provide additional direction. He had a ton of touches today; very busy. Outside of putting that kick dead, he was flawless.

One of the other things that was impressive about Hastings today was his willingness to get into dummy half and provide additional direction. He had a ton of touches today; very busy. Outside of putting that kick dead, he was flawless.
He’ll be punching on with gutho next week or two and gets fired…

Blah blah blah all Barrett’s fault. Don’t you tools realise that Trent Robinson also punted him from the roosters? Pmsl
Super happy for Hastings, I’m a big fan and was sorry to see him leave. But he himself admitted to attitude and behavioural problems early on in his career. He’s rectified those problems and the UK has made him a great player and better person.

Whatever happened is in the past, some of you must have some sore necks looking back and digging up silly things.

Clint Gutherson, Nicho Hines and Jackson Hastings were all basically booted by Trent and treated pretty poorly. That’s 3 pretty talented players there…
Add to that Geoff Toovey. Punted to make way for Barrett.

A big BZ to the extended Penn family and their acolytes, because (2017 aside, but then he let Blake Green go) it all turned out so well over the ensuing three seasons.

Blah blah blah all Barrett’s fault. Don’t you tools realise that Trent Robinson also punted him from the roosters? Pmsl
Super happy for Hastings, I’m a big fan and was sorry to see him leave. But he himself admitted to attitude and behavioural problems early on in his career. He’s rectified those problems and the UK has made him a great player and better person.

Whatever happened is in the past, some of you must have some sore necks looking back and digging up silly things.
It’s not so much that Hastings didn’t get a decent crack...he certainly did have his shortcomings, but the way Barrett played it out in public was poor form. Hastings was just a kid and not the first to have an ego problem. I’ve seen players with serious criminal charges pending, be treated better than Jackson.

Ultimately with jackson his next coach got better out of him on and off the field( supercoach )I think even before he left he showed signs of humility which you rarely find in an idiot of there own making so quickly

He came troubled so we had to expect something and even after baz threw him under the bus Lane came out and said its nothing like that. Lane also not resigned. Our off field culture at the time was creating bubbles and doesnt reflect the expected outcomes for hastings. Coaches were blowing up over bullying and drinking and leaving or taking the club on
I wonder how baz would have gone if coached by baz. He had a lot of quiet games and would have been in and out of reggies every 3rd week with a list of what Not to do way bigger than what to work on

Look he had a handful of good games at manly but if I remember correctly he was creating rifts among the players & honestly I wouldn’t have him in our halves at the moment anyway.

It’s not so much that Hastings didn’t get a decent crack...he certainly did have his shortcomings, but the way Barrett played it out in public was poor form. Hastings was just a kid and not the first to have an ego problem. I’ve seen players with serious criminal charges pending, be treated better than Jackson.
Yes, could’ve been handled much better. But people carrying on like we should still have Hastings on our books. No matter who the coach was it’s likely that he would’ve been punted regardless. Everything happens for a reason. Both our club and Jacko are in a better position for it and learnt a lot.

1) Hastings was not sacked by Easts and Manly because he couldn't play football .. he was sacked because he was a repeat offender numbnut.

2) 3 times he was brought up into the top squad .. and 3 times he was sent back to Blacktown for being a disruptive numbnut.

So the question that the re-writers of history have to ask themselves is

Q) how much of a disruptive influence would a player have to be to make the unflappable captain DCE so irate that he would front the guy physically in his hotel room ..

And then ask yourselves that once that had happened are you going to support your million dollar a year Captain, the Qld Captain and Australian half ... or the disruptive numbnut ..

There was only ever going to be one solution .. and thank goodness that Hastings went away, grew up and started to achieve his goals .

1) Hastings was not sacked by Easts and Manly because he couldn't play football .. he was sacked because he was a repeat offender numbnut.

2) 3 times he was brought up into the top squad .. and 3 times he was sent back to Blacktown for being a disruptive numbnut.

Q) how much of a disruptive influence would a player have to be to make the unflappable captain DCE so irate that he would front the guy physically in his hotel room ..

And then ask yourselves that once that had happened are you going to support your million dollar a year Captain, the Qld Captain and Australian half ... or the disruptive numbnut ..

There was only ever going to be one solution .. and thank goodness that Hastings went away, grew up and started to achieve his goals .
Again, not about what happened...how it happened. Send him back to Blacktown but don’t publicly shame him and mark his papers ‘never to be picked again’.

timelines are hazy for me but

issues with staff that included willie peters, seibold, ferris and the drinking culture off field created an environment that probably isnt suited to numbnuts but we got one anyway

does anyone know what his crimes/annoyances were, cocky, poo jogger, couldnt keep little jackson in his pants.

the DCE thing was it personal ? shaun lane clouded the waters when he stated it didnt go down like that, and he was there. clouded more when he left next season

his numbbuttery faded very quickly after he left us so .

its clear barrett wasnt the man for the job, or any job but should his time with us define hastings or others involved as right /wrong whatever

can posters agree we would be better with him . how would des have him firing

Again, not about what happened...how it happened. Send him back to Blacktown but don’t publicly shame him and mark his papers ‘never to be picked again’.

You mean like the 10 players a year that other clubs publicly sack or release early due to indiscretions ... with front page stories ..

Having your clean skin captain that mad he comes to your room in the middle of the night was never going to be kept a secret ... or the fall out from it ..

But, lets keep the bullshiite narrative going .. oh poor Hastings ...

No argument there - however I think the point is how it was aired in public and thereafter there was ‘no return’ for Jackson under Barrett’s coaching. A season where we could have used Jackson’s abilities, as our season headed south. Especially after Barrett let Green go, believing that Pearce was on the way.

Barrett painted himself into a corner.

At least we didn’t finish last.

You mean like the 10 players a year that other clubs publicly sack or release early due to indiscretions ... with front page stories ..

Having your clean skin captain that mad he comes to your room in the middle of the night was never going to be kept a secret ... or the fall out from it ..

But, lets keep the bullshiite narrative going .. oh poor Hastings ...
Comparing apples and oranges. Daly is no clean skin either...he’s pissed plenty of people off within the organisation over many years. He was also fined 10k for the incident with Hastings.

I also don’t care what other clubs do or what indiscretions you’re referring to, Barrett handled the Hastings situation poorly...and I’m not the only one that thought so...

Hastings had some growing up to do and he’s admitted that. I understand why he is not at the club, etc. and am fine with that...just think Barrett was a jerk.

Last edited:
Comparing apples and oranges. Daly is no clean skin either...he’s pissed plenty of people off within the organisation over many years.

I also don’t care what other clubs do or what indiscretions you’re referring to, Barrett handled the Hastings situation poorly...and I’m not the only one that thought so...

Hastings had some growing up to do and he’s admitted that. I understand why he is not at the club, etc. and am fine with that...just think Barrett was a jerk.

By poorly .. do you mean by throwing him a career lifeline .. and then 3 previous chances, and then by employing a sports psychologist to work with him ... and then for it all to end with DCE losing it ... ?

Seriously the one sided crap being written makes the Labor re-writing of the Whitlam years look like amateur hour ..

He was a foolish young numbnut.. but even he has publicly admitted he was wrong .. and has turned his life around.

By poorly .. do you mean by throwing him a career lifeline .. and then 3 previous chances, and then by employing a sports psychologist to work with him ... and then for it all to end with DCE losing it ... ?

Seriously the one sided crap being written makes the Labor re-writing of the Whitlam years look like amateur hour ..

He was a foolish young numbnut.. but even he has publicly admitted he was wrong .. and has turned his life around.
Nothing is gained by playing things out publicly. Agree to disagree on this one.

Nothing is gained by playing things out publicly. Agree to disagree on this one.

I agree .. but every club is guilty .. at least 10 players every year are sacked, let go, released or fire bombed .. and all publicly .. it is why the Rothfields exist.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4