[Resurrected] Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

21 minutes in he talks about the Gladstone incident and DCE and TB
What an enlightening interview, thank you @Chip and Chase.

I was very disappointed when Hastings left us but understandable now, as this interview gives an insight into what happened behind the scenes.

Gladstone sure was a turning point in his life and sounds like there's still bad blood with TB. To his credit though, Hastings has grown up and moved onwards and upwards and good luck to him.

Watching Jackson Hastings play against Parra today, he is showing all his skills.

Another player at Manly who Twent couldn't coach and almost ruined his career.

Well done Jackson 👏

Seriously, Twent is a complete waste of space and can't do what he is paid to do - COACH.

Watching Jackson Hastings play against Parra today, he is showing all his skills.

Another player at Manly who Twent couldn't coach and almost ruined his career.

Well done Jackson 👏

Seriously, Twent is a complete waste of space and can't do what he is paid to do - COACH.
I'm angry AF at that moron Barrett, he turfed some quality players from this club before quitting, Hastings is a potentially great player imo who's career was almost ruined by that clown, I wish him every success and what a shame it can't be at our great club

Thrilled for Jackson. I cannot recall our club treating a player so appallingly. Thanks for that Trent. I've kept an eye on Hastings ever since he was thrown to the wolves by Barrett. Glad he's brought his Super League success here and I hope it only grows.

In fairness Hastings had a reputation as being a clown himself.
I do agree with you but as coach and former next door neighbour Barrett should really have taken him under his wing and taken responsibility as many other coaches have done down the years, given that he knew Hastings personally better than most he was in a better position than anyone to understand the kid, reign him in and control his enthusiasm, if he wasn't prepared to take on the responsibility he should have insisted that the boy not be offered a contract, I don't really know what took place in QLD between Hastings and Cherry but from everything I've read the entire episode was handled badly, not saying I'm right it's just the way I've looked at the situation and how disappointed I am with how the whole thing played out🙂

Barret has an eye for talent - not!!! And coaching a team with plenty of stars and coming last.

Someone on Silvertails said Barrett has a future career in talent identification. One of the funniest comments I have ever read, as Twent is clueless

I do agree with you but as coach and former next door neighbour Barrett should really have taken him under his wing and taken responsibility as many other coaches have done down the years, given that he knew Hastings personally better than most he was in a better position than anyone to understand the kid, reign him in and control his enthusiasm, if he wasn't prepared to take on the responsibility he should have insisted that the boy not be offered a contract, I don't really know what took place in QLD between Hastings and Cherry but from everything I've read the entire episode was handled badly, not saying I'm right it's just the way I've looked at the situation and how disappointed I am with how the whole thing played out🙂
None of us know what happened in QLD BUT I will never forget the press conference where Barrett thought it was a great idea to announce to the world that Hastings would never be considered for first grade again. Public humiliation from someone in a mentor role is way beyond acceptable. It was appalling.

None of us know what happened in QLD BUT I will never forget the press conference where Barrett thought it was a great idea to announce to the world that Hastings would never be considered for first grade again. Public humiliation from someone in a mentor role is way beyond acceptable. It was appalling.
How to NOT man manage 101.

Clueless then , and still clueless today.

Good to see Jackson doing well. I am certainly no fan of Barrett but I do not blame him entirely in regards to him leaving Manly. Sure a steadier head would have likely managed it better but I would be surprised if the outcome of him leaving the club would have changed. It just would have seemed more civil etc. it appears Jackson has matured somewhat I wish him continued success. Also love the fact that he sunk the eels today as well lol 😂 sucked in parra.

need to get shaun lane on here maybe, or get him to write a book

It’s the worst thing I ever heard a coach do to one of his players at a press conference which was not scheduled for him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6