[Resurrected] Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
I see that Jackson Hastings is set to sign with the Tigers for next year.

Can someone refresh my memory to what he did at Manly to be booted from the club? Also how many games did he play for Manly and what was his game stats?

Jackson was a potentially great NRL player that unfortunately had a poor attitude problem. His potential doesn’t change, however the attitude can. Good luck to him and he’s done well in the UK.

I hope he does well at the Tigers as he could have added so much for us out of 9 at the moment. Jackson will add value to the Tigers.

Jackson was a potentially great NRL player that unfortunately had a poor attitude problem. His potential doesn’t change, however the attitude can. Good luck to him and he’s done well in the UK.

I hope he does well at the Tigers as he could have added so much for us out of 9 at the moment. Jackson will add value to the Tigers.
What do you mean, he got the sh%ts about being understudy to both Walker (when he was 5/8) and then Api (at Hooker). If you are a footballer, you want to be playing. Totally understanding IMO. Same frustration a lot of the junior players have with huge potential.

What do you mean, he got the sh%ts about being understudy to both Walker (when he was 5/8) and then Api (at Hooker). If you are a footballer, you want to be playing. Totally understanding IMO. Same frustration a lot of the junior players have with huge potential.
Frustration is understandable but it is the reaction to the frustration that makes the difference. You can let it get the better of you and throw the toys out of the cot or you can put your head down, work hard and prove everyone wrong.

He wasn’t liked by more than one or two people at the club. He has stated himself that he needed to grow up so not sure why people are defending him. He got pushed out of the Chooks and they don’t let players go that they want to keep.

There were reasons he wasn’t given a fair crack on the field so to say that he was simply reacting to his treatment is off the mark.

in saying that, his exit was handled poorly and he deserves another shot and I wish him all the best.

Bit of Research - Played 13 games for Sea Eagles - 2 Tries 3 Goals.

He had a falling out with the big BAZ and DCE.

Didn't he get into a bit of fisty cuffs or close to it with DCE on one occasion?

Fairly abrupt individual
Has a solid game and if his off field behaviour has improved, will translate to the field and will better the Tigers chances

It all apparently came to a head between DCE & Hastings when Manly played Titans at Gladstone.

Don't know the full story but apparently some of the players went to a strip club (don't know who exactly) & afterwards DCE confronted Hastings in his room.

Don't know how heated it got, or if it got physical but Hastings never played first grade again for us after that.

Last edited:
That's interesting because I thought it was Trent who brought him to the club & there was that heartwarming backstory about how Trent would kick the footy around with Jackson when he was a kid as they were neighbors down the south coast.
Correct - they definitely had a falling out though over that whole Gladstone affair

I'll try and remember the podcast and post a link here

Has a great name and pretty good footy talent but had trouble getting along with folks, which is a slight drawback in a team sport.
Personally I'd love to see him prosper back in NRL, a talented guy and the sort of personality issues he allegedly had are often (nah, I'm not a psychologist but have had to listen to many of them!) the result of the actions of others during their formative years.
Seriously*, being the son of a Roosters legend is going to do anyone's head in.

*not serious, that part was a joke

21 minutes in he talks about the Gladstone incident and DCE and TB

Good luck to him .. seems to have grown up a bit over in the old dart ....
I was going to say, Madge doesn’t suffer fools lightly, then I remembered him signing Joey Leilua. But to Madges credit, he’s dropped him to reserve grade and given him a month to pull his finger out. His contract ends this year. No way the Tigers are dumb enough to extend him, brother or not. Can’t wait to see him out of he NRL for good.

21 minutes in he talks about the Gladstone incident and DCE and TB
I’ve never been much for Podcasts, but I listened to it all. It was really good, informative, and even though Hastings was trying to fence sit with the DCE/ Barrett/ Gladstone debacle. It sounds like he’s mended fences with DCE, but I don’t think you’ll ever see Barrett and Jackson having a beer together anytime soon.
Thanks @Chip and Chase for going back and retrieving the podcast.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4