[Resurrected] Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You beat me to mention that almost freakish try from Rambo Gibbs , Maxta. - at Redfern , and it wa 1987 and Manly were actually under pressure up to that point. Rambo and Crusher Cleal - two converted centres from the roosters and what a dynamic pair of second rowers when they were together with Manly. On the Hastings discussion , next year will probably be the determining time for settling on a future half's pairing for D C E , as Hastings , Green and Tom Wright are all of contract at the same time . Perhaps Hastings and Wright will be the priorities then.

Up with my favourite live games ever mate - 2 early Souths tries and at Redfern - the boys dug deep and played tough, yet spectacular footy - the rest is History!!

Being signed to end 2018 doesn't mean anything, as we've learnt before. We had better not do to Hastings what we did to Gutho!

Yet not playing in 2 NRL games in a row when injury-free, Hastings can't be happy about that - and who can blame him. Just hope some club doesn't come along with an offer too good for him to refuse.

I think Hastings has great potential. I am a fan.

But some how along the way after a failed gig at Rooster ... he plays several competent cameo appearances for Manly ... and Gobsmack me ....he has been elevated to a Superstar.

Call me fussy , picky or just hard to please but I would like to see him play at least one full first grade game before I raise him to the level of God.

I think Hastings has great potential. I am a fan.

But some how along the way after a failed gig at Rooster ... he plays several competent cameo appearances for Manly ... and Gobsmack me ....he has been elevated to a Superstar.

Call me fussy , picky or just hard to please but I would like to see him play at least one full first grade game before I raise him to the level of God.
Or put him on the bench for Brown?

No bro green is developing a good kicking game.Especially at getting repeated sets.

Green is a stop gap bro, whose playing well ATM.
He has been caught out in defence quite a few times this year.
Hastings could be our future long term 5/8.
Jackson's got a great kicking game (gun goal kicker also)and is a better defender.
I'd take Hastings every day of the week.

Or put him on the bench for Brown?

I, like many think that is the obvious thing to do ..... all of us except Baz/Bozo.

Why .... are they totally stupid, or do they feel that at this stage Brown is the better choice ... for reasons that we are unaware of. Don't they know we know more than them.

PS I thought I would give the opportunity to the demented miserables' to trot out the old goat photo gag.

Yeh well I don't need to say what I think about all this. The Sea Eagles in recent years have had a habit of showing the door to players with X factor talent. Little wonder that in '18 they challenged so strongly for the precious spoon. Hastings and Parcell have been two of the top performers in UK...not wanted at second last placed Manly. Should I add Tom Wright, Anderson, Gutherson, Hiku etc to the list. Yawn. They need that broom through the club big time in my opinion. Too many of the wrong people have been leaving (player and support) leaving behind pedestrians

Yeh well I don't need to say what I think about all this. The Sea Eagles in recent years have had a habit of showing the door to players with X factor talent. Little wonder that in '18 they challenged so strongly for the precious spoon. Hastings and Parcell have been two of the top performers in UK...not wanted at second last placed Manly. Should I add Tom Wright, Anderson, Gutherson, Hiku etc to the list. Yawn. They need that broom through the club big time in my opinion. Too many of the wrong people have been leaving (player and support) leaving behind pedestrians
I just watched the salford v toulose on fox and Jacko was tearing it up and so was Joey Lussick
Nice work Barrett u incompetent .jacko s positional kicking alone would have got us a few more wins instead u went for poor old Crocker who even all the ST keyboard warriors could see just didnt have it in him, sorry to say.
Jacko is being talked up over there as the most valuable player in the ESL
Go figure??

Hahahahaha

I wish Hastings nothing but the best and hope the bloke kills it over there.

But he is playing in the ESL. I could name 20 players fast who were bog average in the NRL who have torn it up in England.

So let's not lament the loss of the next immortal here.
Correct . We are not comparing apples with apples here .

No question that the ESL overall is inferior to the NRL. But I wouldn't say that about their top half dozen teams that would easily perform well in the NRL As for Hastings, I really don't care what sheets he soiled here at Manly. He was contracted to the side and should have been played. Not playing him was puerile. There are players in the NRL who have had serious criminal convictions and yet are playing in the game. Hastings was demonised because he apparently didn't fit in, or he stole Barrett's chair or something. What I saw of him on the field on the few occasions he was given a chance in first grade showed he was a spark that the team needed. But then Manly also let go Parcell, who went on to assist his team to win the ESL premiership. Some really dumb selection issues...but then I'm flogging the same old nag again arent I. Excuse my ill humour. I think I need a Bex and a good lie down.

Geez id love to know all the facts of gladstone

Who broke curfew
Why cherry went to his room
Why a fight ensued
Why lane stuck up for hastings
Why both lane and hastings are gone
Why had hastings and cherry clashed before
Why exile was the only way
Were players split on the outcome
Why barrett ,mwhen he had no options resisted common sense over authority or people pleasing
Were the whole leadership group on board with the decision until his exit
Are there regrets

Geez id love to know all the facts of gladstone

Who broke curfew
Why cherry went to his room
Why a fight ensued
Why lane stuck up for hastings
Why both lane and hastings are gone
Why had hastings and cherry clashed before
Why exile was the only way
Were players split on the outcome
Why barrett ,mwhen he had no options resisted common sense over authority or people pleasing
Were the whole leadership group on board with the decision until his exit
Are there regrets
These divisions are not allowed at the Top clubs....Manly had some in-house issues under Hasler in top years 2007-2013, yet if another player laid a hand on DCE, Watmough, Gift and Co would have smashed them.
The players would still bleed for each other, the team and the Seaeagle emblem back then....now they are individuals - playing for their “own brand”.
The new coach will need to bond the team with more solidarity first, before looking at structures or anything else.
Coaches need to be coaches - not mates.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10