Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A good move by Hastings
Jackson Hastings‏@JackoHastings
If anyone knows of any Junior League teams on the Northern Beaches that need a hand this year, Please tag. Would love to help. #GiveBack
270b-1f3fc.png

I have a friend up here who knows Jackson Hastings very well. They spoke to him earlier and hes absolutely loving the change at manly and has never been happier. The reason he had surgery was that the roosters wouldnt sign off on him having it done. Apparently we knew and happily said all good go get it cleaned up. But things are looking great and his attitude is far removed from what was reported at the roosters.

And why does your flat need tyres? Is it a caravan?

Look silly. If you're going to have a flat tyre, you dont need a car or a caravan. Just enjoy it for what it is. A flat tyre can be enjoyed in isolation. Why complicate it with a conveyance which couldnt use it anyway...at least by itself.

I have a friend up here who knows Jackson Hastings very well. They spoke to him earlier and hes absolutely loving the change at manly and has never been happier. The reason he had surgery was that the roosters wouldnt sign off on him having it done. Apparently we knew and happily said all good go get it cleaned up. But things are looking great and his attitude is far removed from what was reported at the roosters.

What position is he training in?

Did your friend say what position is he playing? Hooker perhaps?

You could have pointed out to your Zoobriff mate that but for the ambitious father, who took the money and ran back at the end of 1993, Cleary junior could be a Manly junior.

Not a Nuff Nuffriff junior.

Stint with Wyong Roos changed Jackson Hastings as a footballer and a person
8333c1df00da6d00d0714a44f54b6f05

8333c1df00da6d00d0714a44f54b6f05

A GROUP of weary Central Coast tradesmen — who worked full days in 40 degree heat before arriving to train and play footy — have changed the life of young Manly star Jackson Hastings.

Hastings has revealed how pre-season training with the Wyong Roos — when he was unwanted in the NRL — drastically altered his self-confessed questionable outlook and attitude towards rugby league.

His once perceived lack of respect has now been replaced with a new-found admiration for footy thanks to eight-week training stint with the Roos and their knockabout team before Christmas.

“I saw blokes who worked from six in the morning till three in the arvo, then came to do weights and then train,” Hastings said of his daily three-hour roundtrips from Sydney to Wyong.

“There were blokes turning up to training with blisters on their heads from working in the sun all day, covered in dirt. Blokes who hadn’t had a shower and who hadn’t even eaten — tradesmen.

“They were coming to training after 40-degree days and here I was complaining about an hour-and-a-half drive with air con.

“They were always happy and smiling. It changed my attitude from ‘how **** is this?’ to ‘I am lucky I don’t have to work during the day and I only have to train and play footy’.

“A lot of people talk about my attitude but Wyong really changed me as a person. It made me think about life as well, not just footy. You can’t take anything for granted. It was a massive lesson I learned.

“It was a deadset eye-opener. I realised how lucky I was and I put all that Roosters stuff (he and the club split last year) behind me. It was nothing compared to what those poor blokes have to do everyday.

“I have nothing to complain about. I had a couple of hard months at the Roosters but it’s all been worth it in the end. I am really thankful I got to spend some time up there.”

Hastings has since signed with Manly and is poised to become an integral part of the Sea Eagles’ squad in 2017.

“I thought no-one wanted me, I reading stuff that no-one wanted me. I suppose I brought into the papers a bit too much,” Hastings said.

“I feel like a footy player again rather than being stuck in the gym and doing rehab. But I’ve got no grudge towards the Roosters — they made a decision that was best for their club.”

Back-rower Curtis Sironen is another Manly recruit who arrived at Brookvale ready to kickstart his career. Sironen and the Wests Tigers split last year despite many thinking he would, like his famous father Paul, be a one-club player.

Asked did he harbour any animosity towards Wests Tigers, Sironen said: “None at all, mate. I probably wasn’t doing myself any favours at the end there. Wasn’t training as hard as when I first got a crack. I got a bit comfortable I think. It happens but there isn’t any bad blood.

“I was disappointed how it all happened. That’s footy I guess but it was hard. A lot were my best mates growing up. Guys who I had been around for years but I have already settled in here at Manly.

“Already I feel like I had known some of my new teammates for years. Most footy clubs are the same. If you’re not a good person, you get weeded out pretty quickly. If you’re a good bloke, everyone gets along with you. This is my first time I have changed clubs.

“I didn’t know any different but this has refreshed me and I’ve had to try and prove myself again over the pre-season.”
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/8333c1df00da6d00d0714a44f54b6f05

All positive, now he needs to get his footy back to the level he showed in his debut season, which was pretty good.

ps he is not ready for first grade yet

I'm not sure why so many assume Hastings will be up to the huge defensive task of a hooker. Not saying he can't, but it is a role for the most resilient and requires bringing down the very biggest boppers set after set.

I'm not sure why so many assume Hastings will be up to the huge defensive task of a hooker. Not saying he can't, but it is a role for the most resilient and requires bringing down the very biggest boppers set after set.
I think he will just bide his time on the bench until Green leaves.

He did play a few games there last year and seemed up to it, this year he would have been more focused in training as that is his most likely position in the 17.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6