Jack Wighton free to negotiate ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DT...

Wighton would generate significant interest across the league, with the Tigers, Bulldogs, Dolphins, Sea Eagles and Dragons still dealing with question marks surrounding their current halves pairings.

Sigh, I swear they just throw a few darts at team names then publish those they hit.

I believe the Bronco's maybe the dark horse in the "significant interest across the league" race.

Herbie Farnworth is off at the end of the year, young Jack's in-laws are residents of SEQ and he has expressed desire in the past to "eventually move to QLD".

He can play centre (potentially signed as a centre for the Broncos) and offers some versatility as an option at fullback and five-eighth.

I see Esra Mam as the next halfback at the Broncos, perhaps Jack can fill in as the interim five-eighth until the Broncos find their preferred player for that particular position.

I believe the Bronco's maybe the dark horse in the "significant interest across the league" race.

Herbie Farnworth is off at the end of the year, young Jack's in-laws are residents of SEQ and he has expressed desire in the past to "eventually move to QLD".

He can play centre (potentially signed as a centre for the Broncos) and offers some versatility as an option at fullback and five-eighth.

I see Esra Mam as the next halfback at the Broncos, perhaps Jack can fill in as the interim five-eighth until the Broncos find their preferred player for that particular position.
I dont think so, Broncos have too many young bucks to upgrade to spend near a mil on Wighton.

Farnworth will be replaced by Deine Mariner who looks fantastic or possibly Cobbo shifting in.

Mam looking good and will be 5/8 till Reynolds leaves, and I think Reynolds has a few more in him.

After Sullialli's reported 5m 3yr deal, think it's going to be open slather from now on, on marquee players getting the best possible deal for themselves. It's all about the money for a lot of players these days, and can't really blame them, they only have till about the early thirties to set themselves up financially for life.

WIggy wighton would be an excellent 13 in modern game … limited ball playing skills, not smartest cookie but would suit that 13 role and would drag out his career a few years for some extra coin? Not for us, but eels or dolphins …

WIggy wighton would be an excellent 13 in modern game … limited ball playing skills, not smartest cookie but would suit that 13 role and would drag out his career a few years for some extra coin? Not for us, but eels or dolphins …
Can’t see the Eels affording him either.If you believe the reports,he has a million on the table at the Raiders,which is his option.Given it was reported by some of Ricky’s mates in the media,not sure to believe if that’s true or if they’re helping Ricky out

The bunnies cap
1682406260368.png

He won't be getting a premiership there. Too many co*kheads already in that place without adding another.

I've said it before, Wighton is a knob of the highest order and a strong contender for dumbest player in the NRL. He'll fit right in at Souths.

Given his penchant for sheer stupidity on the field I do wonder whether Souths' prospects will actually be worse with him.
Agree . Sticky and the club stood by him when he got into all that trouble a while ago and this is how you repay them

A question for the more footy minded on here

Understanding he is a great player but does he fit into that team? There are already so many dominant ball players etc
I’d say he’s more of a ball runner than a playmaker.As Raiders fans could attest,the further away he is from kicking the ball,the better

Understanding he is a great player but does he fit into that team? There are already so many dominant ball players etc
As a free running three quarter, his struggled with running the attack and being responsible to manage games as a half, his running game is where it’s at for him, set free in the backline and he‘ll bring them plenty. It the perfect signing to strength their side.

So Wighton takes unders and joins Souths? When will the NRL start introducing market prices on players to stop already star studded teams from acquiring another marquee player? 😔

So Wighton takes unders and joins Souths? When will the NRL start introducing market prices on players to stop already star studded teams from acquiring another marquee player? 😔
I'm getting sick and tired of the stronger sides getting the top players. The competition is currently even this season, but it's a worrying trend and despite the evenness of games this year I already suspect the same "big name" teams will make the eight ... Roosters, Storm, Souths, Parramatta, Broncos (they are back to stay) and Panthers.

I would of thought they'd be better chasing a dominant forward.

Where will he play? Its a good problem for them to have.

If Manly had a decent recruitment manager they'd be on the phone to Campbell Graham and Isiah Tass at 9.00am tomorrow. Both are off contract at the end of 2024.

I'm getting sick and tired of the stronger sides getting the top players. The competition is currently even this season, but it's a worrying trend and despite the evenness of games this year I already suspect the same "big name" teams will make the eight ... Roosters, Storm, Souths, Parramatta, Broncos (they are back to stay) and Panthers.

It was Ok when it was us for 30 years.

Yeah, I dont like it so much now, but we can never complain about it.

just dont go there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6