Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't get your reasoning here urulion? I'm sure you aren't suggesting women should just stay safely at home?

That's fine if you don't get my reasoning no hard feelings... And no, I wasn't suggesting that at all. What I was suggesting was that according to reports in cross-exam, it was noted that she followed the 2 men to a club after they allegedly assaulted her. I find it hard to believe with what was described as a confident person, that she didn't ask for help immediately or call the police/friend/family (stop the first person that crossed her path and asked for help), she chose to follow the 2 men back to the club instead.

So nothing to suggest women should stay home. But when it comes to my daughter, just like my sister as she was growing up, I do expect her to proceed with upmost caution. As not every person you meet has the best intensions.

Last edited:
Sure but we're not always able to avoid that surly drunk bloke (especially if they live with us) but either way doesn't mean you're consenting to getting assaulted.

Not in the slightest SER8 and what you say is quite valid in my opinion. Its just that one has to realise its not an ideal world and there are bad people. Best to be wary and avoid as best you can situations that place you at risk. Is it fair? Of course not. Its not a just fair world. One must deal not with what it should be but what it really is.

I'm not swinging the guilty axe or not guilty feather as none of us will ever really know what happened that night.

What I do know is some people are less than honest when scorned. after a party with friends when I was 20 or so a girl who I gave a ride home to as a favour to the host next day accused me of getting all hands on with her. IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Besides the fact she was a bit of a Minger she was drunk and wanted to get it on. I said no dropped her home and next thing I was 'the bad guy'.
Luckily it was only between the group and never went any further but the he said she said is such a dangerous place to be. Some girls when scorned can drop to pretty low acts as revenge.

I'm not swinging the guilty axe or not guilty feather as none of us will ever really know what happened that night.

What I do know is some people are less than honest when scorned. after a party with friends when I was 20 or so a girl who I gave a ride home to as a favour to the host next day accused me of getting all hands on with her. IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Besides the fact she was a bit of a Minger she was drunk and wanted to get it on. I said no dropped her home and next thing I was 'the bad guy'.
Luckily it was only between the group and never went any further but the he said she said is such a dangerous place to be. Some girls when scorned can drop to pretty low acts as revenge.

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned!

Onyx g

that's for sure.
I’ve experienced that , was in love with a girl at school ( I was about 16) but didn’t she think was interested in me so took another one to the school dance.

Chick A comes up to me while Chick B is in the toilet and said “ why didn’t you ask me” ( I nearly shat myself), and then offered me a dance. And of course the slow song comes on and then wraps her arms around me and gives me a giant pash on the dance floor , just as Chick B comes back from the dunny!

Holy **** it was on like Donkey Kong and the crap she sprouted about me for weeks after was terrible.

Meanwhile I kept pashing Chick A and couldn’t give a **** until she dumped me for some other dude and then I was heartbroken!!

Funny thing is Chick A & B both befriended me on Facebook in the last few years and both gave me **** about it FIFTY YEARS LATER!!

Absolutely this can happen and it is terrible that this happened to you.

That said I feel this narrative can be over played a little. The percentage of women crying wolf or doing it for attention or revenge is fair out weighed by those who have genuinely suffered and come forward. Even more so those that have suffered and haven't.

Again no personal comment from myself on the specifics of the DeBelin case

ref

And conversely some people are less than honest when their behaviour is called to account and will say they didn't think they did anything wrong.
As we’ve all said here, none of us will know the full story but for a 19yo girl to take this to court knowing full well her behaviour and actions that night will be forever on the public record is very brave and commendable, there is no hiding from this whether the charges are proven or not.
She'll be suffering either way.

Yes, we all make mistakes and put ourselves in situations that with hindsight may not have been the brightest idea but if even a skerrick of what's been alleged happened it doesn't absolve the accused.

How many of us have thought yep, I'm up for this only to go uh uh, it ain't happening?

In my experience whether you're under the influence of booze or drugs your values and predisposition generally underpin your behaviour - yep, I've done stupid stuff on both but not to the point where I didn't care about the major consequences, I've gone close but nuh, not happening.
How many of us have mates that want to punch on, get nude or race shopping trolleys after a few schooeys but are mild mannered conformists normally?

I've never thrown a punch in my life and being as pissed as doesn't change that, I'm just generally not an aggressive person.
Sure, I like to have fun but not at someone else's expense.

Everyone has a line that can/can't be crossed and they may be different for many people but whether we are old school, footballers, blue collar or white collar we should show empathy and understand when we've crossed it.

Note: speaking from experience as 50yo divorced re-married bloke with three kids not a 19yo girl or 20something footballer.

Last edited:
I’ve experienced that , was in love with a girl at school ( I was about 16) but didn’t she think was interested in me so took another one to the school dance.

Chick A comes up to me while Chick B is in the toilet and said “ why didn’t you ask me” ( I nearly shat myself), and then offered me a dance. And of course the slow song comes on and then wraps her arms around me and gives me a giant pash on the dance floor , just as Chick B comes back from the dunny!

Holy **** it was on like Donkey Kong and the crap she sprouted about me for weeks after was terrible.

Meanwhile I kept pashing Chick A and couldn’t give a **** until she dumped me for some other dude and then I was heartbroken!!

Funny thing is Chick A & B both befriended me on Facebook in the last few years and both gave me **** about it FIFTY YEARS LATER!!

@Mark from Brisbane I broke up with my g/f back in year 12 so I could take this girl I had the hots for that used to catch the train home with me. So I build up the courage and go talk to her and tell her everything she wanted to hear about how sexy she was. After a few weeks I ask her to come to my formal and she accepts. Then 2 weeks before my formal she breaks up with me telling me her boyfriend wouldn't be to happy if she came to the formal with me. I was shattered I guess that was Karma for me.

So no date for my formal until a family friend came to the recuse, farmers daughter that lived up the road from my house whet to the formal with. Have to admit she was a doll and have a soft spot for her to this day and we still remain friends even though she married and moved to Griffith with her now husband

@Mark from Brisbane I broke up with my g/f back in year 12 so I could take this girl I had the hots for that used to catch the train home with me. So I build up the courage and go talk to her and tell her everything she wanted to hear about how sexy she was. After a few weeks I ask her to come to my formal and she accepts. Then 2 weeks before my formal she breaks up with me telling me her boyfriend wouldn't be to happy if she came to the formal with me. I was shattered I guess that was Karma for me.

So no date for my formal until a family friend came to the recuse, farmers daughter that lived up the road from my house whet to the formal with. Have to admit she was a doll and have a soft spot for her to this day and we still remain friends even though she married and moved to Griffith with her now husband

Ah, love is a many tormenting thing. At 70 I gave up on it long ago. Love can help you rise to wondrous emotional highs, and then leave you wallowing in the gutter, with a bottle of gin for company

New on Channel Nein: The Farmer Has A Daughter, starring Mark from Brisbane.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8