Jack Bird

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Quality player, very versatile. Only negative is his injury history but he hasn't had anything serious for some time. As long as we aren't breaking the bank he would be a very handy acquisition.
When he was with the Broncs, to memory only played a handful of games in the 2 seasons he was with them. He's the sort of player when injury hits it's usually a long stretch on the side lines....definitely a long term injury risk..no thanks.

Would be surprised if we actually picked him up given he's a decent first grader and we haven't signed one of those in about 5 years now. But it's definitely the sort of player we should be targeting given he fill a number of positions we are struggling in at the moment. He does have a pretty bad injury history but I don't think we can afford to be picky with where we are now.

Amazing that Danny W does not get more scrutiny

“Finds” a story about a player, player denies it directly to him, ignores this and publishes with a caveat that the player denied it

I understand the concept of getting comment and then publishing both sides however that normally comes with some form of evidence from the journalist. As an example in most investigative journalism evidence is produced then the other party is asked to comment

Where is the evidence in this story other than some agent leak to him? Nothing that I can see so he manufactures a stroy

We have much better in-house lock prospects who will very likely be knocking on the door of the 17 next year. No disrespect to Bird he is a great competitor who has done well to come back from injury and is playing good football. But his signing would be a real error imo.

Who are these prospects you speak of?
Zac, Burbo and Froggy to name just 3. Players with big upside and with best years in front of rather than behind them. All in our current Top 30. A bit of NRL exposure and I will back any of them to be a good Lock. I personally favour Zac for that spot 2024, Burbo 2nd row rotation, Froggy Hooker/Lock/2nd row rotation. Then 2023 - 2024 we bring GCKT into the 30 to see if he is our long-term Hooker solution, rotational with Froggy.

He would great 13 for us over Aloiai hands down. The few games I've watched this year he has a decent fend and skips across the field creating more options for players around him. I'm all for it if the money is right.

Zac, Burbo and Froggy to name just 3. Players with big upside and with best years in front of rather than behind them. All in our current Top 30. A bit of NRL exposure and I will back any of them to be a good Lock. I personally favour Zac for that spot 2024, Burbo 2nd row rotation, Froggy Hooker/Lock/2nd row rotation. Then 2023 - 2024 we bring GCKT into the 30 to see if he is our long-term Hooker solution, rotational with Froggy.
Burbo and Croker are hardly prospects these days. I mite also add in my opinion, Croker is not a lock forward. Burbo is a fringe first grader at best and Zac Fulton has a long, long way to go. We need a mobile type lock with a bit of mongrel and zip. Bird wouldn't be my first choice, but alot better than anything we got or could probably get to fit under the cap

Burbo and Croker are hardly prospects these days. I mite also add in my opinion, Croker is not a lock forward. Burbo is a fringe first grader at best and Zac Fulton has a long, long way to go. We need a mobile type lock with a bit of mongrel and zip. Bird wouldn't be my first choice, but alot better than anything we got or could probably get to fit under the cap
Fair enough mate we may have to differ on a few things. All I would add is, Top 30 management. I think we still have 29 places filled (haven't checked for a week or so). IMO spot 30 has to be GCKT, for the development of both him and the team - we need at the least a proper back-up hooker or we are hostages to Froggy's health.

Croker is 26 and a hooker and only a solid one at that. Bird is 28 and actually playing lock at a high level.

Burbo is an edge, not a middle.

Fulton has a tonne to prove.

Fair enough mate we may have to differ on a few things. All I would add is, Top 30 management. I think we still have 29 places filled (haven't checked for a week or so). IMO spot 30 has to be GCKT, for the development of both him and the team - we need at the least a proper back-up hooker or we are hostages to Froggy's health.
Why? Gordie can play first grade from round 11, whats the point of adding him to the top 30 now?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8