It's On!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing is that Des had done a deal with the dogs months before the GF. But what is upsetting is he was leading the club on he play us he thought the club would never give the money that he wanted but they did and Des didn't accept it because he Signed for the dogs.

From a financial point of view, it can cost them a lot more, Penn must get this over and done quickly.

If Des is found innocent this will cost Penn a lot more, than the initial pay out of Des.

I'm sitting on the fence here, I am interested as to how this pans out.

Given the fact Penn loses money from the club and does it for the love of the club (as a football club will never be a smart business investment) I'm very happy to see him make changes to make the club more viable into the future because if he doesn't we will cease to exist at some point.

I don't remember ever hearing of Des putting $1 into the club to save it, he of course always drew a wage.

At the end of the day I'm sick of hearing Des was Manly through & through - he played for three other clubs in Penrith, Hull & Wests (coaching at the dogs will be his 5 club) and if he still wanted to be at Manly he would be.

robbiea said:
All u fools are quick to jump on the Penn bandwagon..Did he ever play the game ??. Des may have been controlling ,but he was Manly through & through ..
All this is about Penn wanting to be in charge , The guy knows FA about the game .. We need him gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing the game does not = knowing how to run a business. Separate the two from your argument first. And hey if I had a lazy couple of mil invested I would want to have more than a little influence on the direction of the club

Volley said:
wombatgc said:
Show him where it is written. Verbal accusations mean jack ****.

''verbal and email evidence that he [Hasler] was involved in coercing staff to leave''.

Did you miss the "email evidence" part?
Once again, that is Penn's assertion.If it was the smoking gun, would Des still be claiming deniability?, and then offer to take it to a court of law. I believe Des has being wronged. Until evidence is presented in a court of law that categorically and equivocally proves otherwise I'm sticking with Hasler.

Eaxh day I like Penn more and Des less.
I feel like crossing out Coach: Des Hasler on my prems jeresy and replacing it with paid for by Max D and Sean P
We could fo got a different coach.
But not many people came in put their own cash in to save our club.
I am not sure about all the things Penn is talking about but I'm willing to give support as he seems to be dealing with things well.
Let Des take it to court if Penn thinks we will win anyway. In the end he would have to pay for it anyway.

Given Des has now in a roundabout way got the release from 2012 so he could get his $750K from the Dogs, how is he out of pocket for 2012? He's not. Going for a further $500K via legal action just reaffirms the view of many that it's all about money.

This thread being "It's On!" should be about the fight between Manly and the Dogs that Penn came about yesterday.

It was the lowest of lows for the Dogs to announce their 2013 coach five days after Manly won. It was all done deliberately to destablise Manly to get Hasler out the door for 2012.

The damage the Dogs did to Manly's potential after grand final win income from sponsorship and merchandise sales plus the way it robbed everyone involved at Manly and us fans from truly celebrating OUR WIN is a disgrace. The Dogs should not be let off on this.

At the moment everyone is blaming Manly for imploding. In time you will all come to see the real blame lies with the Dogs and their decisions about timing and about targeting one specific club to pluck the best out of it and leave a carcass behind.

Stand behind Manly.

Hay Des made a public statment saying he would take legal advice.
I read it as statement to try and save some face on his account.
Until he at least gets a lawer to send a letter to the club I would not even give it a 2nd look. People all the time talk fo taking things to court but until they actually do something about its not worth even thinking about.
Des is about trying to make Des look good. He is starting to look bad so makes a public statment so people will think he is the victim. Well he will be a victim when he next visits Brooky when the dogs get a flogging.

robbiea said:
All u fools are quick to jump on the Penn bandwagon..Did he ever play the game ??. Des may have been controlling ,but he was Manly through & through ..
All this is about Penn wanting to be in charge , The guy knows FA about the game .. We need him gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was paying the bills I would want to be in charge too.

I know nothing of Penns football knowledge but his business knowledge cannot be doubted.

robbiea said:

Perhaps Des is not as Manly through & through as you think, because if he was he wouldn't even have entertained an offer from the Dogs, let alone sign with them.

Perhaps Des should be saying "Its time...time to move on".

This can only end in pain, and we have all had enough of that.

He'll get his gig with the Dogs a year earlier, earn about $250K more than he would have had he stayed with us

Just let it go Des, it's bad enough now, continue this and you'll never be welcome to step in the Manly doors again....and that would be very sad!!

If court proceedings go ahead perhaps Des will have to disclose exactly when the bulldogs deal was done.
I realise business is business but when Hoppa stated he was going nowhere after already being signed by the eels I lost faith in his honesty.

A mans only as good as he's word, and yes that cuts both ways.

Yes Mark, if Des was Manly through and through and loved the club, he'd not have entertained the notion of coaching the Dogs. My guess is it was always about the control and money for him. Sure he coached two premierships for us and for that I'll acknowledge his input, but that was then, this is now. He's a dog now, and as such I despise him. My other guess is that he'll walk away claiming innocence, and that's the end of him. All hail to Toovs.

DSM5 said:
Yes Mark, if Des was Manly through and through and loved the club, he'd not have entertained the notion of coaching the Dogs. My guess is it was always about the control and money for him. Sure he coached two premierships for us and for that I'll acknowledge his input, but that was then, this is now. He's a dog now, and as such I despise him. My other guess is that he'll walk away claiming innocence, and that's the end of him. All hail to Toovs.

That's it in a nutshell!!

1. Des is gone-he is now the enemy
2. Penn is responsible for the financial welfare of the club-it's not a popularity contest, which a few of you fail to embrace.
3. Des is a tight arse-when he gets his statement of what it may cost in litigation, should it go the distance, he will **** his pants and pull out claiming the costs and risks are too high blah bla bla...in essence a cop out.
4. We are now moving forward with a new focus and an eye on 2012. des will be long forgotten come the start of next season.
5. The Bulldogs have played a despicable role in all this and they MUST become our fiercest rivals from now on.
6. Get over it people, get behind your club, because whinging about spilt milk and the damage done to people's reputations involved will add up to JACK**** from here on in!

Go Manly-I am fully behind the Board, Coach and Players....just how it should be for you ALL :)

byso said:
Why would the club give hasler the evidence?

It will ne disclosed if Des takes the club to court. f there are e-mails as indicated by Penn then des would know what was in them anyway.

tookey said:
byso said:
Why would the club give hasler the evidence?

It will ne disclosed if Des takes the club to court. f there are e-mails as indicated by Penn then des would know what was in them anyway.

Signed statutory statements weigh just as heavily in court (if not more). But they do have to be backed up by sitting before the the court and testifying-which I am sure the staff involved are prepared to do, given the smug look on Penn's face yesterday. Dessie needs to save face...NOW

mickyj said:
Eaxh day I like Penn more and Des less.
I feel like crossing out Coach: Des Hasler on my prems jeresy and replacing it with paid for by Max D and Sean P

Dead Man Walking, Mystic River, I Am Sam. Great movies.

The whole thing is about control. Des is a control freak - guess what - it works for him & the club ..Ever heard of Sir Alex Ferguson ?????

robbiea said:
The whole thing is about control. Des is a control freak - guess what - it works for him & the club ..Ever heard of Sir Alex Ferguson ?????

Are you calling Des an alcoholic?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6