It wasnt that bad was it?

It was that good either..
But I do agree with

We had some good spells of defence when a lot of other sides would have rolled over.

Was thinking the same towards the end of the match when they were gassed, sure they let a couple of soft tries in, but at least some desperation in the line meant they didn't roll over and have 60 plus put on them, it showed something anyway specially as the match was lost. So this part I agree.

I recall a few years back ... our coach said in a post game presser ... that we just didn't turn up, and that our attitude was down ...

Well, what followed was 357 posts slamming the coach for being a dickhead and useless, and who the hell's job is it to make sure they turn up you useless doorknob etc etc etc ..

Now after last weeks game ... DCE said in the post game preesser that they just didn't turn up and their attitude was off ....

Well, ..... well ....

Or have I been correct all along .... coaches ain't Gods and even the best of them can't control everything .....

Ahhhh fishing again :talking:

I didn't see the Presser for the 357 raging silvertail posts, I did see DCE's, may I suggest it wasn't what was said, rather the way it was delivered, DCE was obviously p1ssed and it showed, maybe that other coach didn't deliver it with as much passion ? Which may have led to some thinking he was a clueless twat ? Just putting out there

PSS I wasn't 1 of 357 :talking:

Love seeing some positivity. I watched all the interviews media have done with the boys this week and they all seem super confident they know where they went wrong both in defence and attitude wise. Really would love a dominant performance this week to show they mean what they're saying
Could not agree more , after last week , and seeing the boys in the sheds after the game i think we MUST put in a 100% effort game , and dominate this weekend .
Our for & against is crap and we need a good showing from all the team to lift our position , AND spirits. GO THE EAGLES

S'alright. Besides you and dan...the rest of the users on here are me with different accounts!
After Shoe called EOL global the second time, I did start to wonder what’s the go there, then thought of some of your posts global and realised, even if you tried really hard you couldn’t pull off a second account. It’s like saying Mick from Qld would be able to have a second account without anyone cottoning on . There is just too much originality/uniqueness in your posts to do it.

After Shoe called EOL global the second time, I did start to wonder what’s the go there, then thought of some of your posts global and realised, even if you tried really hard you couldn’t pull off a second account. It’s like saying Mick from Qld would be able to have a second account without anyone cottoning on . There is just too much originality/uniqueness in your posts to do it.

Actually did I mention that I'm Wombatgc, Mark from Brisbane, Global, Woodsie and Des Hasler, but I'm not really Bearfax. Multiple personality syndrome. Always liked arguing against myself

No one could impersonate my **** posts, full of spelling errors and doom and gloom!!

Actually did I mention that I'm Wombatgc, Mark from Brisbane, Global, Woodsie and Des Hasler, but I'm not really Bearfax. Multiple personality syndrome. Always liked arguing against myself
You know what they say about people that talk with themselves don't you??

Ive supported Manly for 50 years. Followed them very closely. I have a method of predicting the out come of the game in our first set of six. AFB decided our fate dropping the ball in the first set of six a la Watmough. If we bend them back i know we are on. If we drop it give away a penalty or do something stupid may as well turn it off. See how wrong i am. Go Manly!!!

So I didn't get a chance to watch the weekends rodgering live and after seeing the result I gave it a miss.
Decided to watch it today without the emotion of the game day and you know what it wasnt that bad.
Biggest points to take away were that Penrith would have beaten anyone in the comp playing like that (we have had a lot of days like that too). Sure they were allowed to play like that but sometimes it just all clicks and that was one of those days. I think we did well to keep it at the score we did given the circumstances.

Cleary is in Premiership winning form. It a term easy to throw about but the kid is a fine machine at the moment. He also has the biggest boot in the comp which helps.

So why wasnt it that bad?

Charlie Stains 2 tries were great but lucky. Both could have been on or over the sideline very easily. Again just when its on its on and everything the panthers touched was gold.

Our defence other than Jorges wing and the 2 soft belly tries was pretty good. If we hadn't have turned up as the score suggests it could have easily been 60+.

DCE probably played his best game this year in a beaten side. Anyone that could ride him after the heart he showed in that game should give themselves an uppercut.
I was on the hill with my son. The officiating was all Nathan's way but it was as gutless a performance as I have ever seen from us. You could see how on the riff were in the warm up, plenty of intensity and talk. We looked asleep at the other end and that didn't change once the game kicked off.

Last edited:
I was on the hill with my son. The officiating was all Nathan's way but it was as gutless a performance as I have ever seen from us. You could see how on the riff were in the warm up, plenty of intensity and talk. We looked asleep at the other end and that didn't change once the game kicked off.
I noticed before kickoff that Walker looked nervous. I knew he would have a shocker after that. It was moot though because he got injured so quickly.

After Shoe called EOL global the second time, I did start to wonder what’s the go there, then thought of some of your posts global and realised, even if you tried really hard you couldn’t pull off a second account. . There is just too much originality/uniqueness in your posts to do it.

That's a very nice thing for me to say about me. :)

Err.... I mean for you to say about me!

Ive supported Manly for 50 years. Followed them very closely. I have a method of predicting the out come of the game in our first set of six. AFB decided our fate dropping the ball in the first set of six a la Watmough. If we bend them back i know we are on. If we drop it give away a penalty or do something stupid may as well turn it off. See how wrong i am. Go Manly!!!
Why ask me Narabeen 67
I agree

Not looking good after 18
So am i right so far??

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2