It wasnt that bad was it?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Penrith completed 41/46 how could anyone have won.

And how many extra sets did we give them through errors? We gave them too much ball that they were able to use to their advantage. If we had held on to the ball more then Penrith wouldn't have had 46 sets or the chance to hold on to it for 41 of those.

We put ourselves under way too much pressure in that game. You can't give a team like Penrith who are playing as well as they are that many more chances with the ball. You just can't win games that way, not against Penrith, not even against the Drongos or Tits.

The main objective in a game of rugby league is to score more points than your opponents. You won't do that handing over possession and giving them more of the ball.

Can you give me the name of your supplier, I need medication as well. That game was a train wreck and I am still having nightmares. In your vain, maybe if the day didn't happen we wouldn't have seen the performance or lack thereafter! Don't try and give mitigates or excuses, that game was woeful! End of story! there were ZERO positives.
If that's your opinion fair point but......

Against that penrith side on that day It could have been so much worse. We lost DW straight up forcing Croker into the no.6 which we all know never ends well. Parker goes down forcing Wadell into the centre.

They scored some lucky tries to get the ball rolling. I'm still not sure the first charlie stains try was legit. He had to be over the sudeline with his arm as the ball went down. The second is a once out of 10 attempt put down.

Sirro was a passenger from early on. He was actually hobbling in the first half well before the slip.

We had some good spells of defence when a lot of other sides would have rolled over.

If that's your opinion fair point but......

Against that penrith side on that day It could have been so much worse. We lost DW straight up forcing Croker into the no.6 which we all know never ends well. Parker goes down forcing Wadell into the centre.

They scored some lucky tries to get the ball rolling. I'm still not sure the first charlie stains try was legit. He had to be over the sudeline with his arm as the ball went down. The second is a once out of 10 attempt put down.

Sirro was a passenger from early on. He was actually hobbling in the first half well before the slip.

We had some good spells of defence when a lot of other sides would have rolled over.
Unfortunately the scoreboard tells the story.

I am not sure about the luck the panthers had, though they outclassed with enthusiasm, energy, mobility, great kicking and speed.

Something we can learn from, momentum is important but we had plenty of chances and were outplayed.

Soundly thrashed, but I don't agree that the scoreboard tells the story. As others have pointed out, we've played worse and done much better on the scoreboard.
The real story of the match is how good Penrith have become. Which also shows how far we'll have to improve in order to mix it with them next time, whenever that is.
Walker's injury was not predictable. Parker's possibly was. Either way, those injuries really hurt us.
And if Croker's pass wasn't intercepted then .. yada yada but you get my drift. Penrith were a level above Manly but on reflection I agree we were not all that terrible. A good performance this week will do a lot for our confidence.

We did play with 16 for most of the match, 15 once Parker went off.
Missing our best player in Turbo, bedt 5/8 in Cust and best hooker in Fainu.

Panthers knew where to target the weak spot in Manly" s defence [ obviously out wide ] and simply had enough possession and methodical execution to get maximum benefit and so much went wrong for Manly that really never allowed them to pose a serious threat . Garrick was put away early , half break by Siro , think Suli broke a tackle once , and that seemed about it in terms of mounting any serious pressure apart from the 2 short range tries . Still some reasonable stanzas in defence but even the middle was soft at times with the Yoh and Api tries . Even allowing for their glut of possession and ball control , their forwards easily outplayed the Manly pack and that is always going to have Manly in a losing position irrespective of any other setbacks . Just have to cut down their mistake rate and at least try to fix up their edge defence , can 't help bad luck with injuries admittedly but the side can and should be capable of doing so much better then last week

Penrith may have been outstanding on the day but a lot of that was because the Sea Eagles allowed them to be, just as they allowed St George to thrash them 34-4 and the Sharks 40-22 (and it shouldnt be forgotten the Sharks led 34-4 with 20 minutes to play).

Were these teams playing like premiers or did Manly allow them to play that way. The opposition may have scored lucky tries, but as the adage goes, you make your own luck. Since Turbo has been out, this team has been a team without confidence or penetration. Their wins have been arm wrestles.

The problem looked to me, as I've commented before, as if Des was playing a holding strategy until Turbo returned, when young speedsters and creative minds were needed to add thrust. Hopefully Des has been now forced to bring on young blood, not to win this year, but to give those kids well needed experience for next year. Des is great in getting the best out of players, but sometimes I dont think he's seeing that some of these players have limits of ability. He's a top coach, but he's not that good that he can make diamonds out of glass. If it quacks like a duck, it's not a swan in disguise.

• 🏆
Reactions: bSw
Any team with a good kick/chase game, as in Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters and Souths...will really make us struggle as Garricks returns are lacklustre and Taufua is pedestrian turning around to the point I am glad if he simply wins the race to the ball and can find the field.
Do consider I feel Garrick IS a bloke who will prove a good winger and improve so not belting him up and reckon Taufua is a Manly legend who is simply in the twilight of his career...still does some great things and all effort, fact is will be on EVERY opposition teams game plan to kick behind, attacking high kicks and is very slow to turn and chase.

I recall a few years back ... our coach said in a post game presser ... that we just didn't turn up, and that our attitude was down ...

Well, what followed was 357 posts slamming the coach for being a dickhead and useless, and who the hell's job is it to make sure they turn up you useless doorknob etc etc etc ..

Now after last weeks game ... DCE said in the post game preesser that they just didn't turn up and their attitude was off ....

Well, ..... well ....

Or have I been correct all along .... coaches ain't Gods and even the best of them can't control everything .....

Or have I been correct all along .... coaches ain't Gods and even the best of them can't control everything ..
I think you've strayed into the wrong thread, try this one

I think you've strayed into the wrong thread, try this one

I'm not sure about that ... Dessie may be a diety ...when he gave T-Rex and Foran huge contracts at the doggies .... both were heard to acclaim it is a miracle! ...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8