It wasnt that bad was it?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So I didn't get a chance to watch the weekends rodgering live and after seeing the result I gave it a miss.
Decided to watch it today without the emotion of the game day and you know what it wasnt that bad.
Biggest points to take away were that Penrith would have beaten anyone in the comp playing like that (we have had a lot of days like that too). Sure they were allowed to play like that but sometimes it just all clicks and that was one of those days. I think we did well to keep it at the score we did given the circumstances.

Cleary is in Premiership winning form. It a term easy to throw about but the kid is a fine machine at the moment. He also has the biggest boot in the comp which helps.

So why wasnt it that bad?

Charlie Stains 2 tries were great but lucky. Both could have been on or over the sideline very easily. Again just when its on its on and everything the panthers touched was gold.

Our defence other than Jorges wing and the 2 soft belly tries was pretty good. If we hadn't have turned up as the score suggests it could have easily been 60+.

DCE probably played his best game this year in a beaten side. Anyone that could ride him after the heart he showed in that game should give themselves an uppercut.

So I didn't get a chance to watch the weekends rodgering live and after seeing the result I gave it a miss.
Decided to watch it today without the emotion of the game day and you know what it wasnt that bad.
Biggest points to take away were that Penrith would have beaten anyone in the comp playing like that (we have had a lot of days like that too). Sure they were allowed to play like that but sometimes it just all clicks and that was one of those days. I think we did well to keep it at the score we did given the circumstances.

Cleary is in Premiership winning form. It a term easy to throw about but the kid is a fine machine at the moment. He also has the biggest boot in the comp which helps.

Charlie Stains 2 tries were great but lucky. Both could have been on or over the sideline very easily. Again just when its on its on and everything the panthers touched was gold.

Our defence other than Jorges wing and the 2 soft belly tries was pretty good. If we hadn't have turned up as the score suggests it could have easily been 60+.

DCE probably played his best game this year in a beaten side. Anyone that could ride him after the heart he showed in that game should give themselves an uppercut.
nice positivity, but I think Elliot and Croker were pretty bad. Especially Elliot in the early stages of the second half when he dropped it cold in the backline in their 20, and two dropped bombs in quick succession.

Croker's intercept was a butchered try bordering on criminal. He could have scored or Waddell, but he went long less than a metre out from the try line ffs. A try there would have got manly to 22-12 with half time looming.

I'll take your word for it about the rest global, and hope they build from that.

I reckon it was a poor performance and the energy and Attitude were well down...I would be surprised if the coach and players don't see it this way, which is most important.

Panthers were very disciplined and play a fast game with the mobility in the middle third.

Besides our one to five needing a change there could be a couple of senior guys coming off the bench. For me Paseka to start over Marty and Guacamole on the left edge for Thompson.

DCE was good, the only thing he needs is some support as we had nobody else there taking the load off him in attack.

Be careful saying anything other than:
The sky is falling
Des can’t coach
Our team is comprised of second graders
We need to bring in untried rookies with unknown injury and training statuses
We won’t make the finals and can’t beat any other team
DCE is crap

Love seeing some positivity. I watched all the interviews media have done with the boys this week and they all seem super confident they know where they went wrong both in defence and attitude wise. Really would love a dominant performance this week to show they mean what they're saying

nice positivity, but I think Elliot and Croker were pretty bad. Especially Elliot in the early stages of the second half when he dropped it cold in the backline in their 20, and two dropped bombs in quick succession.

Croker's intercept was a butchered try bordering on criminal. He could have scored or Waddell, but he went long less than a metre out from the try line ffs. A try there would have got manly to 22-12 with half time looming.

I'll take your word for it about the rest global, and hope they build from that.
22-10

Garrick is our kicker.

Not that bad but proved that we aren't going to win the premiership this year unless we are at full strength.

Also hopefully Des will think twice before dropping Cust again.

And if Croker were to accidentally get shipped to Siberia I don't think too many people would be complaining.

Global I forgot to mention Elliot and suli being gently carried from the field of play to the in goal area. Poor technique.

We were bad very bad. Dce had a good game not his best but he did try hard. Siro afb dce only ones who tried. Croker is the worst nrl player atm. Parker is too weak and garrick gets ragdolled and lost ground every tackle.... not much to crow about. Cleary is the best halfback, has been all year. He killed us but so did the ref... constantly! This week we will be alot better. If it rains i dunno

We were bad very bad. Dce had a good game not his best but he did try hard. Siro afb dce only ones who tried. Croker is the worst nrl player atm. Parker is too weak and garrick gets ragdolled and lost ground every tackle.... not much to crow about. Cleary is the best halfback, has been all year. He killed us but so did the ref... constantly! This week we will be alot better. If it rains i dunno
I thought AFB and Taupau were totally outplayed and outmuscled. They were ineffective and that's the first time in 2-3 years I've seen that.

DCE was good, the only thing he needs is some support as we had nobody else there taking the load off him in attack.

The sad thing is that for the past few weeks he had that someone there in Cust taking the load off. Then he got dropped because Walker returned, and Walks then promptly got injured early and was replaced by Croker. And that also meant Levi had to play the full 80 and TBH he's not an 80 minute player (and it showed because his missed tackle count rose late in the game). And then to compound it even further, it still all but left DCE on his own because half the time Croker ended up at dummy half anyway.

And that's before you get into the other issues we had such as losing Parker. The whole thing, coupled with our relatively poor attitude against a team who were "on", snowballed into a 42-12 loss. Its something we definitely need to learn from and rectify.

Last edited:
I posted this on Saturday night in the game day thread.

"I won't say much but this.

We have played worse and loss by less.
I didn't think this was a wrist slitting performance by any stretch.
We played a white hot side that don't really have a weakness in any position.
And until absolute exhaustion set in, we were hanging in there even if we weren't on the scoreboard.

Move on to next week. The team list will make for interesting reading."

Fair to say I thought much the same Eagle of London while all around me were losing their minds.

Can you give me the name of your supplier, I need medication as well. That game was a train wreck and I am still having nightmares. In your vain, maybe if the day didn't happen we wouldn't have seen the performance or lack thereafter! Don't try and give mitigates or excuses, that game was woeful! End of story! there were ZERO positives.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6