It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Niccipops, You seem really nice, but lets be real, this guy has form. He ain't an unknown coach. He's ****, a dud and if he was any good at coaching at any time in his career any of the big rich bastard clubs would have been knocking down his door to sign him up. Instead he's been the assistant coach to a rookie who was the worst coach in our history .... I know we are all looking for the silver lining in this situation and hoping and hoping but if he is our coach there is no short term hope. It is more of the same downward spiral **** that we have seen under Zoolander. A long as Cartwrong is our coach we are destined for the bottom 4 until we are sold.

SACK CARTWRIGHT
Zoolander lol

From Daily Telegraph

JOHN Cartwright is set to end his four year coaching exile by taking charge of the turbulent Manly club in what is the first piece of the coaching puzzle complete.

Cartwright, who is the current assistant coach to Trent Barrett at Manly, is on the verge of being appointed Barrett’s successor following the nasty split between the current coach and the Manly’s executive team.

The Sea Eagles had considered Neil Henry, Michael Maguire and Tim Sheens for the role but are set to appoint Cartwright which is the first spot to be filled in what is expected to be a turbulent few weeks regarding coaching uncertainty.

93f69dee380f3423dcada2c5398dbe02

Cartwright has been an assistant at Manly under Barrett. Picture by Brett Costello.
Cartwright recently extended his assistant coaching stint at the club by another two seasons having joined to work alongside Barrett when he was first promoted to the head coach role in 2016 but could be announced in the top role as early as this week.

There was a player push to appoint Cartwright as Barrett’s successor.

“I’m not sure if anyone internally is going to put in their application but, if that was the case, I’m certainly really happy with the people we have there right now,” skipper Daly Cherry-Evans said on Fox Sports’ League Life last week.

GONE: Sharks could lose Val Holmes

BREAK: Big fine could smash Sharks

“John Cartwright’s an assistant and we’ve got a good up and coming young coach in Chad Randall so, look, if those guys were to get the big opportunity, I’d certainly back it.”

Cartwright has not had a head coach position since he left the Titans midway through the 2014 season. He had mixed success during his eight year stint as the Titans inaugural coach, reaching the finals in 2009 and 2010 followed by a wooden spoon in 2011.

9c09481c061a4e7a1e408d8452904fbf

Cartwright last coached with the Gold Coast. Photo by Cameron Spencer.
Manly officials have rejected calls to appoint a person with Sea Eagles DNA which would have meant bringing either Geoff Toovey or Des Hasler to the club.

Barrett will coach his last game for the Sea Eagles when they travel to Brisbane on Sunday night.

But he remains locked in a legal stoush with his club as Barrett is seeking compensation despite walking away from the final two years of his contract.

Penrith are yet to replace Anthony Griffin with the spotlight on Tigers coach Ivan Cleary’s future expected to reignite following his side’s final regular season game against South Sydney tonight.

Cleary has committed his future to the Tigers.

WE ARE ****ED! STINGY ****EN OWNERS. DUMMY SPIT PLEASE!!!!!!

I like the part of the coaches they considered ..... they just happened to choose the worst one.

Niccipops, You seem really nice, but lets be real, this guy has form. He ain't an unknown coach. He's ****, a dud and if he was any good at coaching at any time in his career any of the big rich bastard clubs would have been knocking down his door to sign him up. Instead he's been the assistant coach to a rookie who was the worst coach in our history .... I know we are all looking for the silver lining in this situation and hoping and hoping but if he is our coach there is no short term hope. It is more of the same downward spiral **** that we have seen under Zoolander. A long as Cartwrong is our coach we are destined for the bottom 4 until we are sold.

SACK CARTWRIGHT
I understand your passion. But if it's all we've got the only choice we have is to get onboard or jump ship. As much as club is doing my head in atm I just can't jump ship. I'm just hoping for things to turn around in the long run.

“I’m not sure if anyone internally is going to put in their application but, if that was the case, I’m certainly really happy with the people we have there right now,” skipper Daly Cherry-Evans said on Fox Sports’ League Life last week.
That will do me thanks Daly

Gold Coast are a joke of a club with no culture and are as plastic as it gets, they shouldn’t even be in the competition.
I don’t think it’s fair to judge him on his results there. Not even Bellamy would’ve gotten them a premiership.

Look, I’m not trying to defend him but it’s unfair to not give him a chance before a game has been played. He’s not even confirmed yet.
Also I still hope that Madge is the one who will be coaching us. If not then I’ll get behind whoever is representing the maroon and white.
Stop throwing the toys out of the pram and being a bunch of mercenaries. Support the club.

Gold Coast are a joke of a club with no culture and are as plastic as it gets, they shouldn’t even be in the competition.
I don’t think it’s fair to judge him on his results there. Not even Bellamy would’ve gotten them a premiership.

Look, I’m not trying to defend him but it’s unfair to not give him a chance before a game has been played. He’s not even confirmed yet.
Also I still hope that Madge is the one who will be coaching us. If not then I’ll get behind whoever is representing the maroon and white.
Stop throwing the toys out of the pram and being a bunch of mercenaries. Support the club.

It's really not about throwing our toys out of the pram, I guess it depends on what's your definition of a fan?

Someone who loves their club and will assume the clubs know best and follow their lead.

Or

Someone who loves their club enough to speak up when they see things they don't agree with or things that need changing

Both fans are valid, i guess I'm from the latter.

It is just so frustrating if we pass up the opportunity to get Madge. With the great roster we have , a really good coach could see us premiership contenders. I worry with Carty it will just be more of the same.
Doesn’t Penn realise in the long run, Madge although more expensive will bring in more money. Success will mean more members, higher crowd numbers, merchandise sales, sponsors etc.

Yep. Cheap appointment.
But I'm knackered after this season.
Too knackered to go on about it.
I've never been a fan.
Mostly because he was another, in a long line of coaches, that Goose has told anyone who would listen, that he would be a world beater of a coach.
And wasn't.
Nonetheless as I said I'm just too over it.
I'll back him until half way through next year and if we are not up there or playing as bad as this other idiot has had them playing I'll want him punted.
#Resultsdrivenbusinesssuccessonly!!!!!!!!
And quick...
And no Nancy boy/girl happy clappers.
No hippy's.
Just wins.

Last edited:
Makes sense now why Cartwrong got rid of Beavis. And here I was hoping the off-season would bring some relief.. more of the same crap to follow.

Makes sense now why Cartwrong got rid of Beavis. And here I was hoping the off-season would bring some relief.. more of the same crap to follow.
Don't give up hope Spartan.
We might wake up in the morning to find they've appointed Madge as his assistant...

It's really not about throwing our toys out of the pram, I guess it depends on what's your definition of a fan?

Someone who loves their club and will assume the clubs know best and follow their lead.

Or

Someone who loves their club enough to speak up when they see things they don't agree with or things that need changing

Both fans are valid, i guess I'm from the latter.
Hey champ I’m as disappointed as you if it’s the case and we don’t go after someone like Madge but I’m not going to boycott the club. Let’s all just wait and see what the outcome is.
I think even if Cartwright is appointed it’d only be short term plans and I have faith that the club has something in mind.

Knowingly aid a killer, and your an accomplice.
Which one was or is bad for the club 2v or the Penn?

If you want to:
#makemanlygreatagain.
#dontpaythepenn

Invest your hard earned cash in a membership with Cliff Lyons and the team at the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club and your membership money is used to buy back shares to ouster the Penn from controlling Manly.

Continue to buy a membership with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and at the moment your paying Penn the owner and preventing Cliffy, Toovey, or Des being part of the club they played for.

We are all Manly Fans. The real question, is which faction of this club do you want your money to support?

Has he really been the defence coach? It’s written here quite a bit. But is this an assumption? He seems to have been “assistant coach” officially.
That worries me more.
Are we led to believe that he has been assisting the head coach and is totally unaware with his head in the sand about the defensive issues.
Forwards Coach, Backs Coach, Head Coach, Halves coach, It doesn't matter, you need to get the boys to stick their bodies in front of defenders in order to tackle!
God help us!

Knowingly aid a killer, and your an accomplice.
Which one was or is bad for the club 2v or the Penn?

If you want to:
#makemanlygreatagain.
#dontpaythepenn

Invest your hard earned cash in a membership with Cliff Lyons and the team at the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club and your membership money is used to buy back shares to ouster the Penn from controlling Manly.

Continue to buy a membership with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and at the moment your paying Penn the owner and preventing Cliffy, Toovey, or Des being part of the club they played for.

We are all Manly Fans. The real question, is which faction of this club do you want your money to support?

Why not have both.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10