It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Geezus, can the bloke get a go ?

The previous coach was proven to be a dud, and has moved on.
The new coach needs an opportunity to either hang himself as head coach, or surprise us all with some success.
I'm not confident, but he deserves a chance at least.

August 11th 2014 was the last time this clown coached first grade. **** me he has been a passenger in the system since then yet we give this clown the keys to the bus. We have no plan as a club these day's if you are an old drunk just contact the Penns they are looking to hire no quality needed hell if you have quality don't apply we are not interested.
The only thing I can read into this appointment is they are disappointed we missed the spoon this season so they are making sure we are a lock for 2019.
They clearly interviewed nobody and don't give a **** we are the laughing stock of the nrl and I fear we are not even close to the bottom.

I love to have a beer with maxta
I love to have a beer with max
We drink in moderation
And we never ever ever get rollin' drunk
We drink at the Brookvale pub
Where the atmosphere is great
I love to have a beer with maxta
'Cause maxta me mate,
Its actually the Town and country and Duncan's the name . jeeez.

Geezus, can the bloke get a go ?

The previous coach was proven to be a dud, and has moved on.
The new coach needs an opportunity to either hang himself as head coach, or surprise us all with some success.
I'm not confident, but he deserves a chance at least.

Mate, with the most respect he’s had a go!

He failed at the Titans and if he’s the defence coach with Manly it’s the worst we’ve ever been.

He’s an absolute Dud who’d be at Penrith if he could!!

I was prepared to cut Barrett some slack, in fact I cut him a lot!

But Cartwright!!!

FMD, we are doomed.

Is that what we’ve come to??

FMD, they are going to lose fans and members in HUGE numbers!!

Don’t worry about members councils there’ll be no ****ing members to represent!!

Be lucky to get 5000 members in 2019,and only the absolute die hards!!

What do we do @Mark from Brisbane then if this is the case. We cant change it and it cant be any lower than what we have just had. Its still only a rumour, so there is hope.

Ok, so some facts I did not know about Hoss:
Asst to Marting Lang when Penrith won in 2003,
Asst to Paul Green when the Cowboys won in 2015.
Coached Titans 2007-14 for an 86-100 record @46%.

Clutching at straws here desperately trying to find a positive. Points 1 and 2 show he has some winning experience at least.

He failed at the Titans and if he’s the defence coach with Manly it’s the worst we’ve ever been.

But Cartwright!!!

FMD, we are doomed.
Mate the Titans were broke
I'd rather walk.

This appointment smacks of laziness, zero ambition, contempt, short sightedness and unfortunately reconciles all the suspicions I've had about our owners for some time.

What's the plan here exactly? On what strength did Cartwright get the job, what processes were followed, what are they hoping to achieve with him, and realistically, what will be achieved?

Plan is to appoint a coach, bring the team together and bring some new blood in. How does anyone know what has really gone on with Barett and the playing group. Was Cartwright involved with Hastings. Was Cartwright involved in Gladstone. IS Cartwright to blame for our sh1t defence or was it barretts instructions to play that way.

Manly officials deciding on a coach.

Manly, shaking heads,"We tried a good looking younger bloke. That failed. He couldn't really coach and never stopped whinging about the lack of furniture."
Hoss puts his hand up. "I'm an older bastard with a rough head. I've got two outdoor settings, one twelve seater and one ten."
Manly - 'You're hired!"

Is the owner playing games?
Isn't he going through a messy divorce? maybe he is trying to reduce the value of his assets so the ex doesn't take so much off him.
Then once the assets and divorce are final he can pump $$$ into the club and have us back at the top.

The must be some reason for such a stupid signing.

But Cartwright!!!

FMD, we are doomed.
Has he really been the defence coach? It’s written here quite a bit. But is this an assumption? He seems to have been “assistant coach” officially.

Keep making excuses for him please he was a dud at the coast he run the joint with such a lack of discipline he was not aware that half his team was doing coke. This season why we have been screaming towards the spoon he has been at the bar with players getting pissed.
He is getting the job because he is cheap not successful he ran a rabble at the titans and nothing will change for us next season. To compare this clown to Toovey who couldn't crack it for an interview wake me up when we get our club back or at least have owners whose number 1 goal is winning not agendas.

Plan is to appoint a coach, bring the team together and bring some new blood in. How does anyone know what has really gone on with Barett and the playing group. Was Cartwright involved with Hastings. Was Cartwright involved in Gladstone. IS Cartwright to blame for our sh1t defence or was it barretts instructions to play that way.
No he wasn’t involved Gladstone. He left early with Tom, Jake and some other players. I know because I was with them. Cheers

But Cartwright!!!

FMD, we are doomed.

"Doomed"... haha Mark.

Do you work for the Daily Tele by any chance ?

Keep making excuses for him please he was a dud at the coast he run the joint with such a lack of discipline he was not aware that half his team was doing coke. This season why we have been screaming towards the spoon he has been at the bar with players getting pissed.
He is getting the job because he is cheap not successful he ran a rabble at the titans and nothing will change for us next season. To compare this clown to Toovey who couldn't crack it for an interview wake me up when we get our club back or at least have owners whose number 1 goal is winning not agendas.

Who was charged with doing drugs whilst Cartwright was coach, all turned to sh1t in 2015 didn't it, after he had left.

All I can say is he can't be as bad as Barrett. I'll give whoever coaches the benefit of the doubt. No point turning on him before he's even had a shot.
Niccipops, You seem really nice, but lets be real, this guy has form. He ain't an unknown coach. He's ****, a dud and if he was any good at coaching at any time in his career any of the big rich bastard clubs would have been knocking down his door to sign him up. Instead he's been the assistant coach to a rookie who was the worst coach in our history .... I know we are all looking for the silver lining in this situation and hoping and hoping but if he is our coach there is no short term hope. It is more of the same downward spiral **** that we have seen under Zoolander. A long as Cartwrong is our coach we are destined for the bottom 4 until we are sold.

SACK CARTWRIGHT

Who was charged with doing drugs whilst Cartwright was coach, all turned to sh1t in 2015 didn't it, after he had left.
They were charged in feb 2015 from ongoing investigations and the players were all at the titans when Cartwright was coach. It was not his fault but I would expect a tuned in coach to have a better handle on things. It's easy to google all this it's no secret.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8