It was a try!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Mr Bean said so!!!

NRL+Rd+12+Bulldogs+v+Dragons+l1ZynUWnz9ox.jpg

No, I don't think it was a try.
However, the Bunker interfering late in the match and over-ruling when NSW had a scrum close to the Queensland try line was wrong.
We can't have the Bunker coming in when they want. I thought that was made clear a few matches ago.

Also thought though Walker was obviously trying to buy a penalty, should have got it when placing the ball on Smith & it was ruled lost ball on half way.
Reverse this play with Smith or Thurston playing the ball on Walker & it's a penalty 100%
Even see similar things, where a dummy half purposely passes the ball at a defender getting back onside & gets the penalty...its a milk all day - like Walkers, but IS a penalty regardless....

Personally thought he was very close to hitting the white line and there was no clear evidence to show green grass in between. Had to stay with the on field on that one and made twice as bad with the dodgy knock on reversal

Yep NSW lost, and probably wont win either of the next 2 also (unless QLD gives up in 3) , and so another series down.

Lets face it, NSW isn't going to win consistently until this current QLD team is disassembled through retirement, Smith, Scott, Cronk, Thurston, Slater & Myles cant have too many Origins left in them, this year, next year but you'd have to say the one after is a bridge too far.

These guys have played together at this level since 2003, and many of them player junior football together and in junior rep teams since the late 1990's.

NSW's time will come, but other than the odd win I don't see that happening until these guys are all retired.

Did anyone see Mr Plod's stats from the match? According to the Telecrap he scored just 22 Supercoach points - the lowest of any player on either side (except Walker & Morgan who each played less than 10 minutes).

No, I don't think it was a try.
However, the Bunker interfering late in the match and over-ruling when NSW had a scrum close to the Queensland try line was wrong.
We can't have the Bunker coming in when they want. I thought that was made clear a few matches ago.

Even dismissing all the 'other calls' it was that one underlined above which for me proves the whole s.o.o. and Qld system.

The ball clearly bounces off a qlder. But it's late in the game, nsw on the attack against a tiring qld side and the game can't have that.

Qld walk slowly to the scrum waiting for what they know will come, an over turn. They get it and hang on to the game.

I would really like to have that process explained to me by the nrl. what did the bunker see that believed that it was a nsw knock on? Still shots in the paper show it wasn't, ref's called that is wasn't but the almighty qld and rugby league partnership must never be tarnished. It's a fixed series.

Once it would've had me blowing up big time, but now it's expected. I wondered if the contrived result of game 3 last year actually did 'break me.' I said at the time it did but I wasn't sure. You know when you say you'll never watch again nor care again....but you do.

However it became clear to me as I watched the game after downloading it on my laptop, with headphones, sober and more or less emotionless that whilst the series doesn't need my once blind support as it remains highly successful; conversely I'm content now with not investing my emotional being into the series. The once three game highlight of my sporting year has been consigned to the file of once happy memories.

And you know, I'm better off for it.

Go Manly!

QLD won the series about 4 years ago on the back of another shocker to GI so its just par for the course, a bit like how Smyth can sleep in the ruck and throw forward passes all the time (at club level too), they have just let it go on so long that it would be embarrassing to correct themselves. There is no moral integrity by the NRL/refs

We would have lost anyway. We got raped up the middle. Cordner and gallen and fifita were out best forwards. Woods , tamou and bird played terrible. We need to blood junior paulo, jake turbo and bryce cartwright

On the local Chan 7 news tonight , it was suggested that Smith/ Cronk/ Thurston have announced they will play on until the 2018 series.

3 more years of pain at least although by 2018 have a feeling they will have all slowed down greatly, they will probably go one more year than they should (let's hope so).

Here is something to remember about when the bunker overruled the knock on and gave Qld the scrum feed.

The only camera angle we saw of it was from the camera on half way. The bunker has access to every single camera. What those of us at home saw and what those at the ground looking at the video screens saw was a Qld knock on. But we didn't see any other angle and its quite possible that the bunker did in fact see a NSW knock on.

Not saying the bunker got it right, just saying that it might be possible that they did actually get it right.

As for the Josh Morris no-try.....I thought that was a fair call. I didn't see the ball hit the ground at any point for it to be a try so for mine at least it was a no-try.

You know, I've seen quite a few posts on FB saying that the low score last night was because of brilliant defence. Brilliant defence? Don't make me laugh. The Manly vs Chooks games (other than the 2013 GF) of 2013 and 2014 had brilliant attack blunted by brilliant defence. Last night saw half decent defence made to look great by (IMO) both sides inept attack.

A few years ago I would've been in a rage about losing that game, but now I don't care.
Origin is ****, players get away with murder in the ruck and the game slows down so much defense usually wins out. Until the refs start enforcing rugby league rules, origin will be a snore fest. And I'm not one to hate low scoring games, that 4-0 loss to the roosters in 2013 was one of the most entertaining games I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6