It was a try!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It wasnt a try, NSW named a terrible team that would be barely competitive on a weekly basis in the NRL. Daley has no idea as coach and the selectors have less idea.

NSW:

giphy.gif

A few years ago I would've been in a rage about losing that game, but now I don't care.
Origin is ****, players get away with murder in the ruck and the game slows down so much defense usually wins out. Until the refs start enforcing rugby league rules, origin will be a snore fest. And I'm not one to hate low scoring games, that 4-0 loss to the roosters in 2013 was one of the most entertaining games I've ever seen.

Those low scoring games we had against the Chooks were brilliant games of football to watch, even the ones we lost. The defensive efforts both teams put in were first class in those games and it needed to be because both teams were attacking well. It was just desperation in defence that more often than not stopped what was often brilliance in attack.

Origin game 1 on Wednesday night? I wouldn't say either team was particularly strong defensively. I personally think it was more that the attack from both teams was pedestrian at best and it made the defences look better than they were.

Oh, and for my money (and I am an unbiased South Aussie).....it wasn't a try.

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan
State of Origin is about Queensland winning that's why it's successful

State of Origin was created FOR Queensland, prior to 1980 you played for whichever state you were based in , and as the Sydney comp was the main comp heaps of Queenslanders played in NSW teams against QLD.

Since they won game 1 over 35 years ago its always been about Queensland, more passionate, more fans at games, bigger better stadiums, better can throwers, Caxton Street, the whole city and state behind each game, you name it, NSW comes very much last in nearly every category (yes they get a bigger crowd now due to the stadium size).

You ask the average Sydney based league fan and a few are inspired by SOO, most would rather their players being able to play each weekend.

You ask the average Brisbane based fan and its ALL about Origin.

I must say it would be very interesting if it was NSW with a decade of dominance, but it isn't and whilst ever they are on top its all about Queensland!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4