It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So this is all a Weidler beat up, probably inspired by what Zorba said the other day in regards to Foran returning.

Zorba still undermining & white anting the club from beyond the grave with Ranga Sheephead's help.

Some things never change.

I agree with what you say, but it then gives me other edgy feelings.

Usually Zorba is a spokesperson for his in-laws, the Penn's. If he running that agenda, are we seeing the usual Owners v. Coach selection conflict?

I certainly hope not - it has torn the Club apart before, big time and can easily happen again.

Cashed up clubs? There's a salary cap isn't there? @;)
Yes but that only applies to the top 30 and TPPs are not included... kids could and probably are being reeled in by the teams with the budget to spend big on scouting and recruitment...
If a team wants a player then they should make them feel wanted... if a player does not feel they are getting ample opportunity or guidance then they should be free to walk... i want to see good players playing not sitting on the sidelines watching has beens and never were players holding their spot because of their reputation or relationship with the coach...
Use it or lose it...

So why have contracts then !!! Might as well just ask players to rock up when they want.

Your comparison to soccer is also flawed all good young players are loan out to get experience and game time rather than just have them sit on a 10 man bench. Its about development. Then they come back better players for it. Both the club and the player benefits. Its a very simple and logical concept. The other thing in the soccer world is that the club is compensated greatly for developing star players with the receipt of huge transfer fees if they are sold to another team.

Unlike in league where teams who develop their own talent receive nothing in return when a rich club like the rorters pay overs and pick them up ! and with your scenario even if they do have a contract.
They are loaned out... to other competitions... it is manipulation of the player market...
Personally i would be happy to see contracts gone and have a fluid player market with match payments only... makes both the players and the clubs accountable for performance...
Pretty much where we are at with contracts atm anyways and it only becomes a problem where a player is not being looked after at their club...
Mind you I would freeze transfers 8 weeks out from finals to stop players bolstering finals sides...

I see an opportunistic manager. Manly now has cash to spend from AFB and he is trying to swing some of it his client’s way. A nice little bump in salary and an assurance that Josh is in the 17 next year should see this resolved (assuming it is a real issue).

personally, I’d be happy to give the cash earmarked for hoppa jnr to josh. I could live with hoppa jnr being a gun elsewhere, not Josh though.

I agree with what you say, but it then gives me other edgy feelings.

Usually Zorba is a spokesperson for his in-laws, the Penn's. If he running that agenda, are we seeing the usual Owners v. Coach selection conflict?

I certainly hope not - it has torn the Club apart before, big time and can easily happen again.
You can see I think this owners v coach selection conflict or some other major internal conflict is h happening at the club, not a United place at the moment.

While the story about Schuster wanting to go if Foran is signed may not be true.

I guarantee there is some truth about it.

I was just looking at Tartak's management site. Along with Schuster he has:
Suli, Manase, Haumole, Tevita, and Levi (probably how we got him). He only has 15 players, six of whom are at Manly.
Too many with one agent for one team?
Does it give him more bargaining power than he should have?
Such a murky world.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4